oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MK GP Chairty Donation from 2011 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94271)

Dudders 22-02-2012 05:51 PM

MK GP Chairty Donation from 2011

1 Attachment(s)
Dear All,

For all those racers who kindly donated their £3's racing money at the MK GP, please see below proof of the payments made to Children in Need and Help for Heroes.

I personally think its a great gift from all those who donated.

Well Done all those paid to enter and did'nt want refunding :thumbsup:

It's hoped to put on another great weekends racing in 2012/2013. With more helpers spreading the workload it would be great for a fully funded chairty event to take place.

Neil

mikeyscott 22-02-2012 05:55 PM

Two good charities :)

Skye 22-02-2012 06:08 PM

Two very worthwhile charities, well done to all who contributed.:thumbsup:

However, I have to say not so well done to those who made this thread necessary. Was there any need not to take Neil on his word? The constant clamour for proof leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't even involved in any way.

I applaud Neil for a more restrained response than I would have been inclined to give....

TARTMAN 22-02-2012 06:12 PM

Great Charities

Now, anyone who was doubting, please get the message.:D

The MKGP was awsome and I would be happy to give my time and effort for another like it, For charity. Would be great for the buggy scene and raise much needed money for them to.

We can all get together this year and come up with a plan.:)

Skelbo 22-02-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye (Post 624220)

However, I have to say not so well done to those who made this thread necessary. Was there any need not to take Neil on his word? The constant clamour for proof leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't even involved in any way.

I applaud Neil for a more restrained response than I would have been inclined to give....

I agree. Well done Neil. Now we move on.

mikeyscott 22-02-2012 06:25 PM

Torch had a charity event too last year and we were asked about the certificate.

David Church 22-02-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye (Post 624220)

I disagree.
If someone takes on the responsibility of money given to a charity, they should go out of there way to show they have paid it to that charity!!! And I believe they should do this as quickly as possible. In my opinion this is necessary to show people that they are genuine. It should not take months for the proof to be given. There are so many scams out there and you can never be too cautious when it comes to money!!!

Skye 22-02-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Church (Post 624271)
In my opinion this is necessary to show people that they are genuine!

I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more.

In this instance Neil has been on oOple for 3 years, has posted 2500 times, runs a club, and is known, liked and respected by all.

Neil doesn't need to prove to anyone that he is genuine.

And for the record, I'm not just sticking up for a mate as I have never even met Neil. But I have seen enough of him on here to know there is no need to doubt his integrity.

TARTMAN 22-02-2012 08:42 PM

exactly......

but can we stop now, as this is looking like becoming an issue that should never have............... and we love neil and the MK was great. So let just stop all comments, good bad or ugly.....
And move on and enjoy the hobby we all love and just get racing!!!

Thank you everyone.............:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye (Post 624296)
I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more.

In this instance Neil has been on oOple for 3 years, has posted 2500 times, runs a club, and is known, liked and respected by all.

Neil doesn't need to prove to anyone that he is genuine.

And for the record, I'm not just sticking up for a mate as I have never even met Neil. But I have seen enough of him on here to know there is no need to doubt his integrity.

mikeyscott 22-02-2012 08:43 PM

We at TORCH were asked for payment proof too when we donated.

Info was provided as requested like Neil has done.

TORCH has been going 30 years and I have 6000 posts. (most of it crap)

Everyone is entitled to their own view on it.

Money is always a "delicate" area..

Neil Skull 22-02-2012 08:50 PM

Sorry to say!!

When you donate money to a charity you expect proof of your donation!
this can be a certificate or a letter!

I think it would be nice to see the official documentation.

Also lots of us in the business lost money from MK. It has left a very bad taste of that whole event. I even bought something from Mark from my own pocket that we had supplied to him that he never paid for and just dissapeared after the event. So i ended up paying twice!
So anyone who has had any connection with the MK GP should really be making a super effort to show they have done the right thing!! Sorry Neil, but unlike some i dont know you that well.

David Church 22-02-2012 08:56 PM

Now hang on a sec guys. I was not saying anything bad about Neil, I was just saying my opinion. I don't really know Neil either, so this is not a personal attack on him.
If you guys didnt want anyone to comment on this thread you shouldnt have posted yourselves!

I still say that anyone involved in charity should come forward in quick time when handling donations. It is the honorable thing to do!

And before you guys say anything else, I was booked into this race, I decided to race somewhere else that weekend, and I didnt ask for my entry back which meant I also donated to one of these charities!!!:p

Skye 22-02-2012 10:01 PM

I have no objection to you posting David, I just wanted to say that I disagreed with your opinions. They are just that though, opinions. We are all entitled to them and if they differ then that's fine. No offence was intended to you personally.

budfish 22-02-2012 10:47 PM

Ive never met dudders and had many a disagreement with him on here but would I trust him to pass any donation I may have made to charity ???

100% I'd trust him

Just my opinion

David Church 23-02-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye (Post 624348)
I have no objection to you posting David, I just wanted to say that I disagreed with your opinions. They are just that though, opinions. We are all entitled to them and if they differ then that's fine. No offence was intended to you personally.

No offence taken!:D

Dudders 23-02-2012 03:01 PM

Dear all,

It has come to my attention that issuing the above statement has led to possible more questions that answers. Therefore I would like to clarify further still.

Donation to Children in Need:

I have spoken to Children in Need about getting a letter / certificate for the donation made. However, speaking to the operative it's not that simple. This is what their website says:

And finally, let us say Thank You! Don't forget to get your 'Thank You' certificate! To get yours, either:
1. Use your welcome letter You can fill in your welcome letter and send it back to us after it has been stamped by the bank.
2. Use your receipt You can send us the receipt from paying your money in.
3. Use a cheque You can send us your fundraising money by cheque.
Please tell us your address and the name you would like on your certificate!

The lady has kindly passed my details to the finance team to trace my payment. They said if you do not follow the above it’s extremely difficult to access individual payments as it's not worth their limited time.

She said they’ll look into it and if they can find it they will send out a letter/certificate. This could take a number of weeks, assuming they have the inclination.

Help 4 Heroes:

Spoke to H4H who also stood by what they say on their website:

Lloyds TSB For Account H4H DONOR a/c Account Number – 03524452 Sort-code - 30-90-21 Branch- Andover. If you use this method please could you send us a copy of the paying in slip with a covering letter detailing your donation with your name and address. This is very important because the bank does not give us details of individual donors. We will then be able to allocate your fundraising correctly and send a thank you letter.

Now, for those that don't know me, I'm a lazy bugger and make all my payment via the net. As I made both payments via bank payment and not over the counter I do not have a docket to send off to them. Without this, they say there is not much that can be done.

It would seem that many people have been going through Tony to get some answers, leaving Tony with a full email and inbox. Don't hassle Tony, hassle me, I'm pretty easy to locate and find.

Not really much more I can do on this subject now until the letters come back my way, of course I will be chasing these up should nothing prevail.

As for doing another charity based event/donation, well, I simply wont be bothering.

Just to add to this topic as I think it needs saying. MK Racing (aka Marc Kinight) did NOT look after the finances of the MK GP, I did. Whatever has happened with MK Racing since this racing meeting, the debts or the distrust in people, the money companies lost, is NOTHING to do with me. Wish I had'nt even bothered now with it to be honest considering the time and effort required to make it happen, and the clear up afterwards.

I'll report back as and when I get confirmations.

Dr_UpGrade 23-02-2012 03:26 PM

Well said Dudders, I for one can fully support your 'lazyness'!

I dont think there is anything else you can say really...

Well pointed out the DIFFERENCE and no connection between you and MK racing who (sadly) went under just after this...

It seems to me alot of people are exhibiting classic signs of 'transference', whatever outstanding issues there are/were with MK, the shop. Thats different to mr lazy @rse Dudders up there!!!

(it was still a cracking day out for a 'simple punter'!):thumbsup:

justleanitupabit 24-02-2012 04:49 PM

When was the GP and when where the donations made?

The date being needlessly blanked out makes me suspicious as to when this was actually paid to the charities.

Dr_UpGrade 24-02-2012 04:59 PM

Sorry, but:

if you were there, then surely you know when the event was...?

if you weren't there, whats it got to do with you?

if those with any legitimate 'beef' with dudders would like to stand up?!

imho, this is very poor and some pepole need to get out a bit more...

:eh?:

Col 24-02-2012 11:16 PM

We (YORCC) have run the Ebor 24hr race for 3 years with all profits going to charity.
Never have we been asked to provide proof of donation.

Get a grip, people!