oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRCA Nationals & Regionals (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   National Battery Situation (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9493)

IceMike 29-03-2008 12:22 AM

National Battery Situation

I have a question, i know that the rule is a rule. but with the new battery rule i know that some drivers are havin trouble gettin some of the 08 legal cells for the nationals. so if the situation arives where say 1/4 of the field cant get hold of cells for the first national, wot is goin to happen??

bert digler 29-03-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceMike (Post 108085)
I have a question, i know that the rule is a rule. but with the new battery rule i know that some drivers are havin trouble gettin some of the 08 legal cells for the nationals. so if the situation arives where say 1/4 of the field cant get hold of cells for the first national, wot is goin to happen??

there plenty of cells stateside (cause they have the sense to go lipo) also demon have the yuntong batteries:thumbsup:

strobe 29-03-2008 08:55 AM

Last time i looked stormforce had some 08 cells in stock.

pesky badger 29-03-2008 09:38 AM

Storforce seem to be out of cells at the moment. They should have more matched cells available in the latter part of April. If you want some of these then either go to their web site www.stormforceracing.co.uk and use the contact details given, or just e-mail them at sales@stormforceracing.co.uk.

I should be getting some of these :thumbsup:

IceMike 29-03-2008 09:50 AM

ive got some cells from stormforce, go neil!!! neil is gettin more cells in i was tlkin to him the other day. sounds like they will be here days before the national. and everyone says how we should be gettin things from the states. but if people turn up at the national unable to get there hands on cells wot is goin to happen?

jim76 29-03-2008 03:10 PM

they won't be racing!
should be enough around for people to get them in time. People just have to be organised and reserve some to avoid the risk.

neiloliver 29-03-2008 04:35 PM

I am clean out of matched sets and have only two non matched sets left (first come first served). I plan on having many cells by April 15th. Very close to kiddy though... I think everyone will be OK by the second round, but i agree it will be tight for the first round.

N

Dan Cockill 29-03-2008 06:37 PM

dad has been matching for a few days, has about 20 packs ready i think

tyreman 29-03-2008 07:31 PM

I think if you can't organise yourself, to get your batteries in the 3 month period before the Nationals start, then I don't think many will sympathise with you.
As it won't be the distributors fault, if everyone waits until the last minute to order cells, then are disapointed when they can't get them, as i wouldn't have thought any distributor is going to keep hundreds of packs of cells on the shelf.

OldTimer 29-03-2008 07:47 PM

I think you will find some of the cells spec'd for 2008 are maybe not legal, after some were measured today at the indoor finals :o

tyreman 29-03-2008 08:02 PM

Which cells were they then??

OldTimer 29-03-2008 08:07 PM

I think it was the EP4500 but i am sure there was others, i think the EP were 0.5mm to long.

RogerM 30-03-2008 10:23 AM

When you say EP do you mean the E-Power 4500???

losixxx 30-03-2008 10:40 AM

wouldnt it be more sensible to await any announcement from the BRCA before any scaremongering??

IceMike 30-03-2008 10:44 AM

neil has alot of time on his hands!!! im sure he measures them all and rechecked them. :P

OldTimer 30-03-2008 10:55 AM

Just like the announcement if GP3700's are legal or not ;)

Not scaremongering, i am just concerned like other people that have been forced to buy new cells which are on the 08 list, which may not be ok.

Roger as Chris points out it maybe best to hear the official line, i do hope we hear quickly to put peoples minds at rest.

bert digler 30-03-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 108318)
Just like the announcement if GP3700's are legal or not ;)

Not scaremongering, i am just concerned like other people that have been forced to buy new cells which are on the 08 list, which may not be ok.

Roger as Chris points out it maybe best to hear the official line, i do hope we hear quickly to put peoples minds at rest.

as long as they are on the list as far as im concerned they are legal if scrutineers are going to measure cells from the list and then say they are illegal the list is pointless but i cant honestly see the electric board saying you cant use em its a manufacturing issue not joe bloggs who buys them from a shops fault;)

RogerM 30-03-2008 12:52 PM

Not sure what your saying ... can only asume that you saw my post before I removed the question to Neil ..... which I did after about 1 minute as I thought it might get these sort of replies!!!

For those that didn't see it I asked if Neil had measured any of his E-Power 4500s purely as he's the only person I know who has definately handled unassembled E-Power 4500 cells. No other reason and "No I have not measured any" would be a perfectly acceptable answer.

As I say, deleted the question after 1 minute or so of the original post to avoid 100s of people PMing Neil looking for an answer.

neiloliver 30-03-2008 01:12 PM

All,

I know people are probably wondering why I have not posted on this subject. Rest assured I am looking into this. All I want to say is that I have measured samples of my cells and those samples were in spec (on the limit, but OK). I have forwarded some to the BRCA for checking. I cannot really comment on the sizes of cells from other sources. I will let people know more as I know more.

Best Regards
Neil Oliver

RogerM 30-03-2008 06:05 PM

I am sure everybody else appreciates your response as much as I do mate.