oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Eden Park Raceway (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Big thanks (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102595)

The Hobbymaster 04-06-2012 09:38 AM

Big thanks

After a great weekend of racing I think it is right and proper to show our support for the people who made this meeting happen. Without the hard work of Matt and Paula Benfield, Steve Brooke, David Church, Ian and Jane Benfield, Alex, Vince, Shereef, Roger and too many other to list here the meeting would not have happened and the track would not have looked as good as it did. An Epic amount of effort by a great team of people. Time now to have a rest and in the word of
DC............(you know it's coming)............"GOOD JOB" :thumbsup:

trekkerkk 04-06-2012 10:06 AM

well said in the post above:thumbsup:
it was a truely great meeting:thumbsup:

trekkker

brookie 04-06-2012 11:06 AM

Beat me to it Ian! Thanks!

Just to re-iterate Ian's comments, a MASSIVE thanks to all that helped!
It's been a difficult few weeks for the club and as well as the tremendous effort that went into both the preparation and running of the National I'd particularly like to single out Matt, Paula and Alex's recent and on-going 'discussions' that have taken place with our landlords!
Sorry I haven't been around as much as previous years.....as Steve Andrews said 'is there something big going on in London this year?':lol:

So as well as Matt, Paula and Alex, I think others that need to be included are: DC (for his paint and painting skills! And his Hi-Viz sponsorship!), Ian Boulter (mini digger feature finder!), Andy Langdon (plant hire!), Mike, Grant and Ross Williams (top notch labourers), Ellis Stafford (advice and labouring.....yes really!:lol:), Roger and Darren Brayshaw (handy men extradinaire), Steve Andrews (landscaping etc.), Craig Whitehead (Pace Designs, Rostrum vinyl), Tony Evdoka (Rudebits assistance), Ian & Jane Benfield (endless teas and coffee's for the team and TOTAL command of Scrutineering!), Shareef, Vince, Ian P and even(!) Charles (tireless (except Charles!:lol:) track working, Scrutineering, Official photographer and First Aid), Paula, Jane and SWMBO, Lesley (the female touch with the planters and hanging baskets! And clearing up after everybody!), No.1 son Chris B/Nathan R/Stuart B for their help pre-National!

I'm sure there are others that I've missed and apologies if I have, we hope you know who you are!
Matt may be able to think of others?

And finally, again, to EVRYBODY involved.....THANK YOU!!!:thumbsup:
As Ian has said, time to rest and dry out.....oh and not forgetting the rubbish!:thumbdown:

brookie 04-06-2012 01:00 PM

Just been up the track to check everythings Ok and it reminded me.....Simon, Simon Cook (Astro fitter supreme!) is another I forgot.....sorry mate!:thumbsup:

niggs98 05-06-2012 09:54 AM

awsome job done by all involved. thanks again guys.

Delves 06-06-2012 07:18 AM

Massive thanks to the club for putting on a superb national event :thumbsup:

MattADH 06-06-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookie (Post 661286)
Just been up the track to check everythings Ok and it reminded me.....Simon, Simon Cook (Astro fitter supreme!) is another I forgot.....sorry mate!:thumbsup:

Dont you mean Simon "If its not nailed down I will throw it in the bin" Cook

MattADH 06-06-2012 11:38 AM

I would also like to extend our gratitude to the sponsors and those in the industry that have supported the club since its resurrection. It was our fourth National in five years and arguably one of the toughest with the weather forcing our hand, resulting in a hasty track redesign for 4WD to avoid the potential low spots. Despite us never running either track layout before, both appeared to drive really well.

We would like to thank:

CML Distribution
CPD Racing
Horizon Hobby UK
LMR
Mr O Foams
Racer Magazine
RC Domination
RudeBits
Schumacher
Trishbits
X-Factory UK

Delves 06-06-2012 02:51 PM

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoon...cles_pg12.html

A short report on the national at the weekend along with a few pictures.

shqureshi 06-06-2012 06:56 PM

Just seen the picture in the below link - saw matB in the distance on his knees, Was that him praying for no rain on the next day??? :eh?:

Well he didn't pray hard enough :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delves (Post 662032)
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoon...cles_pg12.html

A short report on the national at the weekend along with a few pictures.

KRob 07-06-2012 10:22 AM

Thanks from me to all the EPR crew.
It's noticable how many of the club members pull together for the national and it's much appreciated.

MattADH 07-06-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shqureshi (Post 662094)
Just seen the picture in the below link - saw matB in the distance on his knees, Was that him praying for no rain on the next day??? :eh?:

Well he didn't pray hard enough :rolleyes:

I tried!!!

simoncook 07-06-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattADH (Post 661941)
Dont you mean Simon "If its not nailed down I will throw it in the bin" Cook

Lol!! Just for the record, I also nailed my thumb too!