oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid EAST (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   2008 Mid East Regionals (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6476)

tak racing 23-11-2007 07:29 PM

2008 Mid East Regionals

Hello

I'm the current Mid East Off Road Regional Rep.

During 2006 / 7 season we struggled to find venues to run the off road regional championships in the Mid East resulting in using just Holbeach in 2006 and Holbeach / Eastrax in 2007.

If any Mid East club would like to hold a regional in 2008 then please contact me eith via email or call me on 07887 597051.

The only stipulation I would ask for is the £1 of each entry to each meeting is give to the Mid East Region to pay for end of season trophies.

I hope to hear from you soon

Jim:)

RSharpy 23-11-2007 08:10 PM

Hi Jim,

I know Broxtowe and Bridgeford are wanting to host regionals next year. Have they not contacted you yet?

Spoke to Andy last week at Broxtowe and pointed him in your direction. I am not on the committy so its not my place to apply but I know they would like too.

Richard.

Robbiejuk 24-11-2007 01:42 PM

Hi jim I am going to push hard to get one at West Bridgford Model Car Club. Just the old guard of the committee to get past :) But i think it won't be a problem I have sorted a nice venue for us which should do. Anyone got a rostrum we can borrow? :D Stick us down provisionally for one and I will let you know what transpires.

tak racing 24-11-2007 11:04 PM

Thanks for the swift replies,

Once the Nationals have been decided I will look at some dates.

Keep pushing :)

Jim

James 07-12-2007 01:11 PM

Hi, I was wondering if the holbeach indoor regional date of 6th Jan was set in stone, it clashes with worksop indoors thats all and the clubs aren't too far apart...

James H

RSharpy 08-12-2007 07:52 PM

James, going on what it says on the Holbeach website it looks as though they are the dates, is it only the one on the 6th that clash's? I'm in the same situation, am booked in for the Worksop indoor series but would like to qualify for and compete in the national finals.

Going on what happened in summer we may get a place without qualifying. Thats if the Mid East don't send a full team.

Can anybody give us any advice? How many would we need to attend to qualify?

Rich.

James 08-12-2007 08:12 PM

Yeah thats my concern, i missed the first regional of four as we were in Paris for the Petit race, presume its best three of four so of course if i miss the one on the sixth to do Worksop ive had it!
They had one regional to qualify last year which i won so hoefully they might look kindly on me if i only manage two this year, not sure how much discretion is allowed..?

dadtc3 09-12-2007 09:51 PM

mid east regionals

hi
i will have a word with jim and see how lenient he can be
should see him on wednesday if not before

tony

CharlieF 09-12-2007 10:52 PM

Guys.
The best advice I can give you is to keep in touch with your regional rep! (Jim Balls in this case). You would be amazed what he can achieve. Often an RR can get 20 drivers in for an event even if he only has 15 places and all are taken by qualifiers. The key thing to do is let him know you wish to go to the Indoor Finals event - as the host region it is likely he will have places to spare.
Regards

James 12-12-2007 06:24 PM

Well i def wanna go, as you prob know im one of t'worksop club bunch and will be be building the track, it will be our best yet!
Thanks, I will PM Jim :rolleyes:

James 12-12-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadtc3 (Post 76021)
hi
i will have a word with jim and see how lenient he can be
should see him on wednesday if not before

tony

Many Thanks:D

RSharpy 12-12-2007 08:21 PM

thanks for having a word and the advice, will pm Jim too...:) hoping to get over to Holbeach for the last 2 rounds, need to check the dates....

shark 12-01-2008 08:42 PM

Just wondering if there were any dates/locations for our regionals yet , cheers

RSharpy 14-01-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shark (Post 84013)
Just wondering if there were any dates/locations for our regionals yet , cheers

Ian, I know Jim is working on the dates at the mo and was trying to get hold of a couple of people to finalise things.
If you keep a eye out on here no doubt he will be posting them within the next week or so.

My guess would be that the first one will run in the first or second weekend in April.

Rich.

CharlieF 14-01-2008 02:26 PM

Hi guys. Just heard from Jim and the following dates are "provisional" until confirmed by the Clubs. This should happen by Friday of this week.
April 13th - Eastrax - 4wd
May 4th - Broxtowe - 2wd
May 18th - Holbeach - 2wd
June 15th - West Bridgeford - 4wd
July 13th - Eastrax - 2wd
August 3rd - Holbeach - 4wd
August 17th - West Bridgeford - 2wd
September 7th - Broxtowe - 4wd
Cant wait to get going, should be a good year in the Mid East with four different venues to visit.
Regards.

antnee 14-01-2008 04:11 PM

It's BridGFord not E in bridgford, sorry a pet hate as I'm from there

RSharpy 14-01-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antnee (Post 84449)
It's BridGFord not E in bridgford, sorry a pet hate as I'm from there

But it looks so much more complete with a E in though.lol:D

Roll on April 13th:)

tak racing 14-01-2008 04:58 PM

All,

Dates confirmed as:- Slightly different to the original in that Holbeach will be on 25th May not 18th.

Apr 13th - 4wd - Eastrax
May 4th - 2wd - Broxtowe
May 25th - 2wd - Anglia Motel Holbeach
Jun 15th - 4wd - West Bridgford
Jul 13th - 2wd - Eastrax
Aug 3rd - 4wd - Anglia Motel Holbeach
Aug 17th - 2wd - West Bridgford
Sep 7th - 4wd - Broxtowe

More info on http://www.rowanclose.f9.co.uk/hrcmcc/brcame.htm

Thanks and I hope to see you all at the meetings!

Qualification for a 2008 will be 3 from 4 rounds in each class

Jim Balls BRCA Mid East Rep.

ps not the spelling correction ;-)

antnee 14-01-2008 05:25 PM

correction noted, thanks. So do I win the 'who lives closest to a track competition' then? as the WB track is about 100m from my house, I can see it now (well the site)

RSharpy 14-01-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antnee (Post 84492)
correction noted, thanks. So do I win the 'who lives closest to a track competition' then? as the WB track is about 100m from my house, I can see it now (well the site)

Thought I was doing well being half a mile from Broxtowes track.

100m? Are you the school's caretaker? :D