oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Buggies at GERCC (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80813)

RogerM 30-10-2011 11:53 AM

Was certainly interesting on Friday ... no way I can compete with you guys with my normal droop-tastic off-road setup. For my return I will be building up a set of shocks to significantly reduce droop (by at least 10mm off the front and 15mm of the rear!!!!!)

Was still fun (and valuable info too)

Chris Green 30-10-2011 09:08 PM

Hi Guys,

What sort of a track do you have for off roaders over in Gloucester? Carpet? Slippy? Any features? jumps, mats etc?

RogerM 31-10-2011 12:22 PM

It's the TC track with a few little hops thrown in so all carpet and tight n twisty

Gunter 01-11-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerM (Post 574344)
Was certainly interesting on Friday ... no way I can compete with you guys with my normal droop-tastic off-road setup. For my return I will be building up a set of shocks to significantly reduce droop (by at least 10mm off the front and 15mm of the rear!!!!!)

Was still fun (and valuable info too)

Sounds like someone taking it wayyyyyy to seriously, i run mine identical to outdoors other than tyres n i beat Edd n his 4wd a few weeks ago ;-)

Roger u going to come Ledbury club at anytime with the glos people?

RogerM 03-11-2011 12:37 PM

If thats the case mate your way way way off on your outdoor set up ;)

I'm not taking it too seriously at all, every time the car hits the track it's either for points or for testing. Friday was about testing a few things :)

Gunter 03-11-2011 05:06 PM

Well ive never raced outdoors before only had a little pratice up ledbury sooo if im miles away from a outdoor setup i wudnt be at all supprised.

LongRat 03-11-2011 05:15 PM

Every time my car hits the track its for money or girls.
I'll be at Ledbury this weekend - my first time off road too!

gordy 03-11-2011 10:41 PM

Every time eds car hits the track its for crack or boys

Gunter 04-11-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordy (Post 577020)
Every time eds car hits the track its for crack or boys

But mostly boys

R4BX 04-11-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunter (Post 575591)
Sounds like someone taking it wayyyyyy to seriously, i run mine identical to outdoors other than tyres n i beat Edd n his 4wd a few weeks ago ;-)

Roger u going to come Ledbury club at anytime with the glos people?

annoyingly this is true, he did :/ ledbury racing this sunday btw, by the sounds of things its only glos crew aswell so it will be reasonably friendly...reasonably ;)

R4BX 04-11-2011 04:50 PM

oh gordy and munter... behave haha

RogerM 05-11-2011 10:40 AM

I really like the Ledbury track but there is a club meeting at Kidderminster so I HAVE to go there .. currently don't have a car to race anyway :o

gordy 05-11-2011 02:07 PM

:(:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerM (Post 577629)
I really like the Ledbury track but there is a club meeting at Kidderminster so I HAVE to go there .. currently don't have a car to race anyway :o

you bloody traitor
:(

R4BX 05-11-2011 10:38 PM

haha! expect to see you at the next one then mills ;) unless of course you're scared... ;)

Gunter 07-11-2011 12:22 PM

Or if there any other race in the euro area or if ......or if.......or if...... No I think just scared :-) gota come mills as your the only one with offroad knowlage n might b able to poit us in the right direction as Gordy really wasn't helping yes2day, couldn't make his own car work yet alone other people's lol where you finish every race gord?

And don't say you almost beat me in the final because everyone knows it don't matter if you win my a inch or a mile winnings winning ;-)

RogerM 07-11-2011 12:34 PM

LOL .... Kidderminster is the best off-road track in the country IMHO and I've been a member there for quite a number of years so hardly being a traitor to support my own club.

As for scared .. :D

I really hope to make it to Ledbury when you guys are there BUT I have to do what is best for the cars and at the moment I am doing a lot of development work on the 2wd and thus need it to be on a representative track (i.e. similar grip to the majority) and as Ledbury's great track is fairly high grip I'd not be learning as much there.

Soon gents, soon :)

Gunter 07-11-2011 01:07 PM

Well boys I think that means as mills to scared to come to us we'll hav to go on a road trip ;-)

And development needs to be done on all levels of grip and traction, I'm sure Ledbury would test how good the car is over a bumpy surface so might be more worth ya time than you think :-)

My car needs development for bumby bloody ground! But had a grate day trying but loooong way off the pace

ChrissieL 07-11-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunter (Post 578535)
Well boys I think that means as mills to scared to come to us we'll hav to go on a road trip ;-)

And development needs to be done on all levels of grip and traction, I'm sure Ledbury would test how good the car is over a bumpy surface so might be more worth ya time than you think :-)

My car needs development for bumby bloody ground! But had a grate day trying but loooong way off the pace

Long way off the pace? Try running a 13.5 when everyone else is running -9 :(

R4BX 07-11-2011 06:30 PM

indeed munter winning is winning, and in that case, i believe you ummm...got beat by me in the 1st final hahaha! but yeh mills come along, your offroad know how would be good!

LongRat 07-11-2011 10:38 PM

I would be up for trekking up to Kidderminster then at some point. I don't mind winning on any track really.