oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   1/10 Elec Trucks (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12666)

Slimboyfat 26-07-2008 12:30 PM

1/10 Elec Trucks

I've noticed over the past few months a few threads on 1/10 trucks and can remember in days gone by there used to be a pretty large series with some seriously good drivers in it.

In fact when I first got the bug for racing I had a XXT-CR years ago and i use to enjoy the racing not just for the competitive side but being able to give it some stick without common breakages. Its big in the USA but I think it could be a great class to get started over here again.

Anybody still use them and are there any meetings that still incorporate them?

HarlowS 26-07-2008 12:45 PM

I used to do the series with the Helgar lot, was great fun and then got really serious and it lost its appeal, everyone drifted off to other classes after that. I was thinking about it again but reckon that electric 1/8th will be the next class to take off as its something different and fun.

Scouser 26-07-2008 01:10 PM

Southport started a truck class this year. It took a little while but is now well established. I think it has been my favourite class this year, an absolutely top laugh and not far off the pace of the 4wds!
Reading recent posts, it would seem as though one of the North East clubs is starting truck aswell. All the T4's have been snapped up from the sales section within hours!! There is a good selection of trucks available at the minute too. Obviously there is the AE T4 and HPI E-Firestorm but also Duratrax Evader, Traxxas Rustler, Losi Speed T, the upcoming X-Factory X60 and Kyosho RT5 and tons of older Losi XXXT's around to choose from.
Hope it gets more popular all round because it really is a great class to race.

jaxx 26-07-2008 02:29 PM

i have a t4 that i race in with other 2/4wd at my local club and really enjoy it. The nice thing about the T4 is if buggies get in the way..... then straight over them is a nice overtaking line!

Danny 27-07-2008 03:29 PM

Love trucks & hope this class makes a comeback. Had my eye on a E-Firestorm for a while now...

Northy 28-07-2008 11:39 AM

I few of us in the NE are getting trucks, I'd like to get some meetings going if possible.

G

ben 28-07-2008 12:04 PM

Yep im well up for it. Got my T4 a couple of weeks ago. Id like some sort of series at York G. If we had schuey blue minipins as a control tyre?

Ben

Reevsey 28-07-2008 03:46 PM

i have had alot of fun with my truck recently and recon we should get a heat going at the worksop indoor series, could make yellow mini spike the control tyre so it is just all about fun..... what do you think?

ben 28-07-2008 03:58 PM

Ok ermm ive just taken my T4 to some big bike jumps. And pulled a few double backflips off:eh?:. But ive broke the front wishbone and bulkhead. Anybody know where i can get some front wishbones from?

ben

Scouser 28-07-2008 04:31 PM

DMS have them in stock I believe. Front wishbones are a weak point for sure. I know the RPM wishbones and bulkhead for the GT are a popular modification with American T4 users. I haven't done this myself but if I break many more I will deffo be tempted. The other weak point I have noticed is the inner ball stud at the rear. The longer turnbuckles have more force behind them in the event of a roll and can easily break the ballstud clean off. I have some slightly thicker Kyosho ones i am going to try to see if this solves the issue.

Darren Boyle 28-07-2008 05:53 PM

Yep we have those bits in for the T4, although we sold quite a few today so stocks will be low until around the middle to end of the week

ben 28-07-2008 05:57 PM

I couldnt find them on your website earlier lol. Ill get some ordered tommorow:thumbsup:

ben

Chrislong 28-07-2008 06:05 PM

I have an X-60, and if anyone wants to run them through the winter (Worksop, York, Southport) then I will certainly be keen to take part, as long as Lipo is allowed.

Although I prefer not to run 2 classes on one day as I'll spend more time racing and marshalling than doing anything constructive to my cars. LOL. So a Saturday night truck class at York is my choice of preference ..... :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle 28-07-2008 06:13 PM

as7446 and as7447 are the frotn arms (std and graphite) if you type in just "as744" in the search all the stuff like arms, towers etc - front and rear come up from AE

Chrislong 28-07-2008 06:21 PM

I have broken many standard balls on various buggies, but a stronger ballstud is the Losi Ti item. Ive never even bent one of these but fit them to anything ive driven as long as the balls match the cups.

On my X-60, I have broken a couple of ballcups too, use the RPM ones and they'll last ages, til they turn a bit sloppy (ages).

Front wishbones do break easily, if somebody knows where to get RPM ones from then please speak up, id like to use these. I believe they are far stronger but don't hold me to that until I proove it.

Scouser 28-07-2008 07:27 PM

Chris, I have only seen the RPM arms/bulkhead package on ebay (rcboyz to be exact), rumour is that they are a fit and forget kind of deal. You don't have a part number on the Losi ball studs do you mate?

bigred5765 28-07-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrislong (Post 145608)
I have broken many standard balls on various buggies, .

awuch sounds pain full:thumbsup:

Richard Lowe 01-08-2008 09:56 AM

When are we starting the class at York then, when we go back after the break this year?

I'm def up for running them at Worksop :thumbsup:

Scouser 05-08-2008 03:09 PM

Got the RPM front wishbones and bulkhead today :thumbsup:. They fitted like they were factory and are much beefier than stock. The way they are made means that there is no way of fitting the ali brace to the front which is a bit disconcerting but I will certainly test it's durability at the Southport truck meeting this Sunday!

Mike Hudson 21-08-2008 10:29 PM

there's going to be a Truck class at york hopefully who's in so far? :thumbsup:
Rich Lowe
Ben J
Me
Chris Shlong?
a few people at club i think have trucks too and sure others will follow :)