oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Yokomo (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   B Max 2 MR / 4 Shorty Hybrid (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161239)

fmo 23-12-2014 10:17 PM

B Max 2 MR / 4 Shorty Hybrid

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I want to show a first photo of my cross-breeding attempt of a B Max 2 MR with a B Max 4 shorty kit. It has an asymmetric carbon chassis with aluminium sides.
I am curious how it goes... Hopefully as well as all these Team C carpet munchers here.
More photos tomorrow, I have no idea how I could upload more than 1 image from my ipad...
Cheers
Frank

neallewis 23-12-2014 10:23 PM

looks great. does regular 2wd body fit?

fmo 23-12-2014 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yes - I really like the original B Max 2 body. Just have to cut out a tiny bit at the right rear of the body.

discothesnake 23-12-2014 11:11 PM

That looks brilliant.

MOmo 23-12-2014 11:15 PM

Seems like there are several versions of these buggies being created.

-AE/Cobra
-AE/Xfactory
-Team C
Etc.

Can't wait to see how it performs!

MOmo

neallewis 24-12-2014 12:38 AM

Is the chassis carbon? Hows the flex?

What are the side pods made from?

Have you put the rear of the car on balance scales?
I know the shorty 4wd with the motor on one side and battery on the other is perfectly balanced Left <> Right. Adding esc behind motor may put the weight heavier on the motor/esc side.

lcpvcce 24-12-2014 09:23 AM

Nice work

RudeTony 24-12-2014 09:30 AM

Another version here

http://www.rudebits.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=446

:)

fmo 24-12-2014 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The chassis is made from 2,5 mm carbon, the side pods are CNC machined from 7075 aluminium.

Total weight is 1616 g (including body).
Weight distribution - see diagram.
Pretty close to a perfectly balanced car left/right.

fmo 24-12-2014 09:50 AM

During the build I came across the following problem:

I bought a B Max 4 III lightweight kit and assembled the rear end as per instructions. The right universal drive shaft seems to overlap less with the diff outdrive than the left side. When I unmount the shocks, the right drive shaft will fall out of the diff outdrive, the left will just stay in.
My solution was to shim the driveshaft a little further to the center, i.e. put shims at the inside of the rear hub. Did anyone experience the same? Is this a common issue?

Thanks.

fmo 24-12-2014 09:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I did look at the rudebits conversion, but wanted to go the shorty way with the motor aside.

Some more images. Please excuse the crap quality... Better ones to come once it is finished.

MOmo 24-12-2014 10:25 PM

So for my Edification.....

(We recently adapted to carpet here- mainly Ozite and a small amount of commercial grade industrial carpet over the jumps etc)

Are these Fwd motor cars MORE geared for ASTRO/TURF type tracks?

If a track is JUST carpet, and not just patches- (jumps, landings etc) is a MM car more favorable or how would one best utilize the fwd motor/Hybrid car as depicted in this thread?

Being across the pond, we are still in the learning stage and development for setups, though it seems many have caught on quickly. Im just curious if building a car like this would be an advantage on a track that is high traction Ozite where we tend to use slicks and sauce vs a track that is more turf based OR has mixed conditions, like hardwood/cork and carpet combined.

MOmo

fmo 11-02-2015 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
update time...
more photos tomorrow.

Danny Harrison 11-02-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOmo (Post 891615)
So for my Edification.....

(We recently adapted to carpet here- mainly Ozite and a small amount of commercial grade industrial carpet over the jumps etc)

Are these Fwd motor cars MORE geared for ASTRO/TURF type tracks?

If a track is JUST carpet, and not just patches- (jumps, landings etc) is a MM car more favorable or how would one best utilize the fwd motor/Hybrid car as depicted in this thread?

Being across the pond, we are still in the learning stage and development for setups, though it seems many have caught on quickly. Im just curious if building a car like this would be an advantage on a track that is high traction Ozite where we tend to use slicks and sauce vs a track that is more turf based OR has mixed conditions, like hardwood/cork and carpet combined.

MOmo

If the grip is very high a fwd motor car will be surely faster. They change direction quicker and can carry higher corner speed speed due to the weight distribution.

fmo 12-02-2015 10:19 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Some more photos of the latest evolution.
Chassis in 2.5mm 7075 aluminium, sideplates printed in Carbon SLS.
With all components thrown together on a scale I ended up at 1495 g with an unpainted body.

jph 12-02-2015 01:11 PM

That looks amazing, I'd be interested in a conversion kit if it ever becomes available.

neallewis 12-02-2015 01:36 PM

Awesome work. looks great. Cost?

fmo 13-02-2015 07:55 AM

Thanks Neal,

costs are far over the top unfortunately, I will look at a small set like 10 pieces and try to get "competitive" quotes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 899925)
Awesome work. looks great. Cost?

dikke hond 13-02-2015 02:08 PM

Looks great! Is it a possibility to design a version with the front from a YZ2?

corkyjohnson75 13-02-2015 07:07 PM

YZ2

Quote:

Originally Posted by dikke hond (Post 900102)
Looks great! Is it a possibility to design a version with the front from a YZ2?

That's what I was thinking .

can you make me one of these dude
?

You are the next team extreme .