oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Stadium racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191870)

Br00kie 07-08-2017 09:14 PM

Stadium racing

Hi,

Anyone know of anywhere in the north west that I can race my stadium truck:confused:

Thanks

madmax 08-08-2017 02:00 PM

Hi bury and southport will accomendate you. But it isnt a big following

Br00kie 08-08-2017 08:50 PM

Hi Madmax

Thanks, really helpful

Roscopeco 08-08-2017 09:10 PM

Always wondered why sc is more popular , personally I prefer the stadium trucks always have . Keep toying with the idea of a T5m but with next to nowhere to race it will mainly be used for bashing

Br00kie 09-08-2017 12:42 PM

Hi Roscopeco,

Yeah real shame as I think stadium trucks look better, no one really seems interested in them now. I have an Atomic Carbon CR2T one of only 2 ever made. Which at the moment is just a shelf queen but really needs to be used and abused.

Roscopeco 09-08-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br00kie (Post 976832)
Hi Roscopeco,

Yeah real shame as I think stadium trucks look better, no one really seems interested in them now. I have an Atomic Carbon CR2T one of only 2 ever made. Which at the moment is just a shelf queen but really needs to be used and abused.

I agree , i much prefer the look of them to the short course trucks . I've managed to get my hands on a T4 factory team that's been sat for a few years at a good price can't wait to give it a once over and put a fresh shell on it :thumbsup:

Makes better sense to me than putting a fair quid into a new T5m just for bashing , only real chance I'll get of putting it on a track will be on practice evenings at robinhood but it's better than nothing I guess :D

big red bus 12-08-2017 11:03 AM

we get a good full heat of stadium trucks at kidderminster. normally a full heat of 10 and sometimes more. also get a turnout of trucks at dudley winter series. unfortunately both west midlands based so prob abit far to travel.
I absolute love running my T5m. awesome bit of kit. id highly recommend one.

Roscopeco 13-08-2017 07:46 PM

Sadly too far for me , roughly 160 miles each way :(

Benji 14-08-2017 03:34 PM

There is a heat for stadiums at the a1 club at Grantham, on the 10th september at the short course nationals.

Roscopeco 15-08-2017 07:34 AM

Certainly getting nearer only 100 miles each way haha

Benji 15-08-2017 08:17 AM

It's ok you don't need a passport to leave yorkshire :p

Roscopeco 15-08-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji (Post 977119)
It's ok you don't need a passport to leave yorkshire :p

Oooooof hahaha

AfroP 16-08-2017 11:40 AM

Stadium trucks are awesome fun to race, unfortunatly not many places accommodate them.
possibly due to the added bulk of them being too much for the typical in-door sports hall carpet club.

Br00kie 16-08-2017 05:50 PM

I wonder how many people in the North West of England have one that they would be prepared to travel a reasonable distance to race

simonrhart 16-08-2017 06:03 PM

I'd love to get a Xray XT2, it looks very quick indeed. But again like everyone else there is no where near me that races them. They seem popular in the US. I've never understood the attraction of sc either, they look like boats around the track that roll over very easilly if taking a corner too quickly.

mes 16-08-2017 07:56 PM

As I can see from your signature, you are familiar with Xray kits and have no issues with the brand's sales policy.
On the one hand, I am still angry about some design flaws that either have been known for sure (steering ballcups, issue since the first XB2), or are quite obvious (rear body mounts/front body mount/sway bar mounting plate, both of which break quite easily if you are not a pro driver). On the other hand, I still think the XT2 is the ST to beat. ST in general is so much fun to drive, and the XT2 in particular. I bet you won't regret buying one, even if you'll be the only one with an ST on your track for the time being. Someone always has to be the first one, right?

Legend Racer 29-08-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br00kie (Post 977167)
I wonder how many people in the North West of England have one that they would be prepared to travel a reasonable distance to race

I live just about in the North of England (Chesterfield) and love racing ST's but without going to Kiddy over 100 miles away there's nowhere to race them (part of the reason I've not raced for several months), it's so frustrating :(

Benji 30-08-2017 12:00 PM

I've been racing at Leverton in Lincolnshire, Stadium Truck mixes happily in with the short course hooligans.

Looking at having a trip over the midlands for the winter series.

Legend Racer 30-08-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji (Post 977792)

Looking at having a trip over the midlands for the winter series.

I've been looking at that today but seems too far really and a pain to get to by the looks of it, may do the outdoor winter series at A1 Grantham instead :woot:

Mark A 05-09-2017 10:06 PM

most of us shortcorse guys are ex stadium racers , best alternative as stadium guys dont seems to want to travel.
ive still got a t4 which comes out now and again for a play at coventry