oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   It’s getting old now (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205353)

Peakey 19-10-2019 09:39 PM

It’s getting old now

Please can people have a look before posting in the for sale section

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205349

CHEVY 21-10-2019 09:49 AM

Upload pics

Peakey
Seems to be age old problem when trying to
upload pictures you not make it easier to do

daz75 21-10-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHEVY (Post 1006665)
Peakey
Seems to be age old problem when trying to
upload pictures you not make it easier to do

It's simple. You can't upload large photos to oople so cut them down. Or just use one of the many many photo hosting sites

xfactor 21-10-2019 01:49 PM

All I do is take the picture from my phone. Then import to photo folder, then crop the picture. With some pictures I crop as small as I can go, but still allowing the picture to show.

Works every time, hope that helps people that don't use a hosting site like myself........:thumbsup:

Zippy G 21-10-2019 09:03 PM

pictures

The issue is that our phones are now taking higher quality pictures so the resolution is higher, you need to edit the pictures before posting.

SIMPLES:thumbsup:

Peakey 21-10-2019 10:52 PM

It’s not down to me to change the size of the pics you can upload to the site, it was set by Jimmy when the site was on smaller servers to save money which still stands really. I know it’s harder now photobucket are being greedy wankers but there’s loads of other hosting sites that you can use.

szymanski2oo1 22-10-2019 10:29 AM

screenshot

if you take a pic on your phone of something your selling, immediately screen shot it and use the screen shot... probably quickest way to create a low res image for web use.

fidspeed 22-10-2019 04:54 PM

I just use a picture resizing app no problems ,
it's not a difficult task in exchange for free adds is it ?

regards Dave

WHITTLER555 22-10-2019 05:04 PM

Quite right, it's FREE, the least advertisers can do is obey by the rules, or else we could start charging a fee for each advert, your choice.

daz75 22-10-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 1006721)
Quite right, it's FREE, the least advertisers can do is obey by the rules, or else we could start charging a fee for each advert, your choice.

Certainly one way of killing of the site

fidspeed 22-10-2019 10:02 PM

There are some of us who don't do other social media because it's of no interest to us and I appreciate the effort the moderators put in on our behalf
The rules are there for everyone if you can't follow them don't be surprised if adverts are pulled because the poster can't be bothered to follow them. It's a time consuming task for the mods and shouldn't be necessary
May be this forum can do without that type of member?
. Regards Dave

mark christopher 23-10-2019 06:48 PM

not really, if you have problems with the rules that have been put in place, leave, it wont kill the site, other seem to be happy with it.

daz75 23-10-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 1006752)
not really, if you have problems with the rules that have been put in place, leave, it wont kill the site, other seem to be happy with it.

What are you talking about where am I not following the rules? I said that in answer to a bad idea about charging people to sell on the site. Please explain what your issue is with what I put in relation the the post I quoted

Peakey 24-10-2019 12:35 AM

The photo rule was put to the members of the site, it was voted on and the outcome was respected and put into place :woot::lol:

JCJC 24-10-2019 09:17 AM

I was looking at the painters the other week, PostImage looks comprehensive and easy to use even a website plugin, would something like this make life easier and save storage costs, I guess there must be others.

adey 24-10-2019 03:22 PM

An easy way to resize an image is to email it to yourself. I do that then save the image and it can be posted on here without issue. At least that's how I do it anyway.

Patriiick 24-10-2019 05:04 PM

it's getting old.

daz75 24-10-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriiick (Post 1006775)
Because in the context of the topic, that is certainly what 99.9% of us could understand.
You try to act all pure after being called out on it, but the people running the site probably have a better clue than you about its rules and what works and what doesn't.

I write this with nothing but love of course.

I'm lost. Where have I said anything about not following rules???? What am I being called out on?

I guess with a whole 14 posts your not really what this thread is aimed and and clearly haven't read it all because my first post was telling people how I post pictures

This site is quiet compared to what it used to be so trying to charge people to post something Will mean even less people coming here.

Patriiick 24-10-2019 06:58 PM

it's getting old now..

daz75 24-10-2019 07:00 PM

Can I just point out to the 2 people who've quoted me that you have read my comment but not bothered to read the quote which is what I was replying to not peaky post. This is how forums work :confused: