oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   South East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2wd Regional May 4th WKRCC (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10338)

MattADH 28-04-2008 09:05 PM

Unlike EPR club meetings, the regionals dont run to a control tyre - just got to be a per the BRCA rules.

I think that if its wet, a BB Spike (Green) would be best as its fresh grass and then moving to Schumacher Mini Spikes as it dries and wears.

shawn 28-04-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martboy21 (Post 118769)
shawn,i take it you are a member/worker at west kent

got any full track photos of track you can upload for us mate?cheers

As tjf has said; the only ones we have are these ( it's THAT top secret ;))
Looking on the Google Map the track is now at the lefthand side / far end of the carpark, behind the hedgerow.

Oh be warned. The pub has a Busty Bar Maid :woot:
A little scary but I am sure you Essex Lot can cope... " OOH - YOUNG MAN ! "

MattADH 28-04-2008 09:18 PM

sneaky practice ey?

Gonna be a tight squeeze for the finals!!!

shawn 28-04-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattADH (Post 118831)
sneaky practice ey?

Gonna be a tight squeeze for the finals!!!

Nah. Testing the ground for bumps and Rabbit Holes :D

Having never raced off road I need all the practise I can get. The Blue'n Yellow Kyosho is mine. The other cars were some lads from Ramsgate.

I thought the same about the width but Steve Andrews says the track is fine for racing. Although I haven't seen it he has re-designed the layout since the photos were taken.

B&H Racing 28-04-2008 10:24 PM

Hi Mat, If you were talking about the rostrum being a tight squeeze for the finals, it has been recently extended. :D

tjf 28-04-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 118841)
Nah. Testing the ground for bumps and Rabbit Holes :D

Having never raced off road I need all the practise I can get. The Blue'n Yellow Kyosho is mine. The other cars were some lads from Ramsgate.

I thought the same about the width but Steve Andrews says the track is fine for racing. Although I haven't seen it he has re-designed the layout since the photos were taken.

I think he was refering to the rstrum but I helped Steve sort it on Saturday its now twice the size it was :D

MattADH 29-04-2008 09:34 AM

Sorry guys, yes I was talking about the rostrum!

Not trying to pick holes by the way...

tjf 29-04-2008 05:21 PM

No problem didnt think you was.
I think it will be trial and error anyway as its our first one.

martboy21 29-04-2008 06:59 PM

5 nights and we all there!!im like a big kid at christmas!

matt-cheers for tyre info wasnt aware.:)

trekkerkk 02-05-2008 02:18 PM

the weather is even looking positive:thumbsup:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...ode=tn11&day=2

could we finally get a dry race day,
would be nice:thumbsup:

trekkker

B&H Racing 02-05-2008 09:29 PM

Just been on the phone to Steve Andrews, a lot of thanks needs to go to him for all the work his has put into providing this meeting.

Rostrum has now got a roof and the grassed has been cut / rolled.

Can`t wait until Sunday :D

tjf 03-05-2008 03:49 PM

I have just come home from having a look at the new track and I must say it looks rather good. Steve has put an awful lot of work in to get it looking like it does. Well done Steve.

Lets hope the weather holds off for us :thumbsup:

trekkerkk 04-05-2008 05:53 PM

just a quick thanks to all involved at wkrcc,
the time effort put in getting this track up and running was very much worth it,
thanks to ellis for his help with the 4 gear.
finally got it quicker than my 3 gear:thumbsup:
thanks to nath for getting the setup on the car for the last leg off the final,

trekkker

niggs98 04-05-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trekkerkk (Post 120854)
just a quick thanks to all involved at wkrcc,
the time effort put in getting this track up and running was very much worth it,
thanks to ellis for his help with the 4 gear.
finally got it quicker than my 3 gear:thumbsup:
thanks to nath for getting the setup on the car for the last leg off the final,

trekkker

just to echo stuart with a big thanks to wkrcc and to steve andrews as well for all the hard work that he has put in, think the bloke deserves a medal for all the work he has put in between wkrcc and epr whilst still fitting in his normal work as well.

when i first saw the track i thought it would be a little easy to say the least but with all the adverse camber sections it proved to be a hard days driving.

thanks to Rafa for the setup, the car took a rather large leap forwards to say the least and awsome racing in the finals with gnarly boy, was really good and close even if team rafa's breakage cost ya 2nd :woot:

roll on ozfest :thumbsup:

bigred5765 04-05-2008 06:49 PM

were did ya end up nath

trekkerkk 04-05-2008 07:07 PM

i think nath got 2nd,
was very close,

trekkker

Gnarly Old Dog 04-05-2008 07:13 PM

That's 2 regionals in as many weeks and the standards keep getting higher.
Well done to all at WKRCC - the meeting ran like clockwork and all of your hard work was very much in evidence and is well appreciated:thumbsup:

What's also evident is just how friendly and amiable the whole bunch of SE racers are. Even us Essex boyz are made to feel welcome :woot:

Track surface made it real tricky for those who didn't have the new mathematical advantage today:thumbsup:

Bumps? What bumps? I felt some mere ripples - but nothing to write home about!!!
Nice work guys - thanks for a blinding day.

David Church 04-05-2008 07:27 PM

I really enjoyed today!!!! A big thanks to all that helped build and run toady's meeting!!! Cheers Steve A!!!!!!!!!! And brian!!!!!!!!!

We do have alot of fun at these meetings, long may it continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

markmarshall 04-05-2008 07:29 PM

yep what a top day thanks steve and all his crew done a blinding job an i for one am really looking forward to the next meet :thumbsup:

abray 05-05-2008 07:54 AM

Steve and the WKRCC team, I think you can count that opening meeting as a resounding success. Well done for all your hard work - it's great to have another track in the series. It was great fun today! Roll on the 4wd!