oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   National/Supported Series for trucks?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23474)

markwilliamson2001 04-05-2009 02:57 PM

National/Supported Series for trucks??

Hey up,

been giving a bit of thought to a national series for trucks (as I have one and really want to race it!!). It also reminds me of the national series that was very successful around 10 years ago or so, and why they aren't so popular over here as in the US?

Was thinking of possibly a manufacturer/distributor series involving a 5 or 6 meeting series over the winter??

It could include the new SC10 trucks (on kit tyres only) with limited horsepower/motors (eg 13.5 brushless), also a handout motor (which could be purchased if required as part of the meeting entry fee, but at a slightly reduced cost from normal from a distributor)

I was also thinking that the more 'normal' trucks (t4/xxxt-cr/x60) running to limited a motor limit (e.g. 6.5t brushless), but tyres would be controlled (one set per meeting).

I was also thinking about possibly using the PDA (Pro-line Dirt Arena) as the first and last meeting of the series (if they were up for it), and having handout tyres (also included in the entry fee, again at a light discount for this track only). This is to make the racing very close (and driver skill makes up the rest!)

What does everyone think?? These are only ideas in my head at the moment, but would like to gauge some interest or someone who would want to take this idea further??

Your ideas/suggestions please...

Mark

Darren Boyle 04-05-2009 04:25 PM

We here at X-Factory UK would seriously consider supporting a series of some sort since we are all itching to run our X60 in some competative races as are many of our customers....

markwilliamson2001 04-05-2009 05:25 PM

:):thumbsup:

MHeadling 04-05-2009 07:27 PM

Yes sounds good!! I loved racing my T4 with the 2wd's at DHD Racing at Deal was great fun and easy to drive.To e bay I go!!

super__dan 04-05-2009 07:50 PM

I ran my X60 on sunday for the first time and it was ACE, a few minor mods to make as jumping over fair large jumps into a head wind makes it like a parachute but other than that it was great!!!

Richard Lowe 04-05-2009 10:55 PM

I'm well up for this :thumbsup:

Trucks are the future :p

markwilliamson2001 05-05-2009 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the responses so far..
Not too sure where I would start with this though? I guess getting some tracks involved who might be interested in supporting the series...then go from there?

What tracks might people want to see on the calendar (winter proposed calendar)...?

Proline Dirt Arena?
Maritime?
Stotfold (outdoor)?
York (indoor)?

ben 05-05-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 (Post 237955)
York (indoor)?

York have lost there indoor venue at the present moment in time.
But im pretty sure Robin hood raceway would be up for running trucks.:thumbsup:

Northy 05-05-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 237973)
York have lost there indoor venue at the present moment in time.
But im pretty sure Robin hood raceway would be up for running trucks.:thumbsup:

I also believe Ben that the start area at RHR was built so that 10 trucks can sit side by side to start a heat (if it ever gets that popular!) - and that is WIDE :lol:

G

strobe 05-05-2009 07:55 PM

How about CML Raceway:thumbsup:

markwilliamson2001 05-05-2009 08:03 PM

Yeah, get Lee on here, see what he thinks! :thumbsup:

bigred5765 05-05-2009 08:50 PM

Matty says he would love a truck class at nationals,

Belsten 06-05-2009 12:17 PM

I would deffo be interested but it would depend on location a lot for me. Could possibly be a lot more expense

markwilliamson2001 06-05-2009 12:54 PM

How about keeping the majority in the central area, with one northern one, and one southern one?

Mark

Northy 06-05-2009 01:03 PM

Depends what you are calling 'central' :woot:
Most of those places sound South to me :lol:

G

markwilliamson2001 06-05-2009 05:36 PM

Central to the country I was meaning! (obviously, we would try and get one 'ooop North' somewhere (and if one of you more northern lads could ask around at some of your clubs to see if they are interested, I will try and contact some of the other clubs to see if we can get some interest).

If we can get one in the more southern locations, it would benefit those in the south east (e.g. Maritime raceway).

I will contact Lee Martin (pidge) and see if he is interested at both CML Raceway, and the PDA as these would be good tracks for trucks I reckon!

More comments please, lets try and get this thing off the ground!

Body Paint 06-05-2009 05:54 PM

I'd be interested Mark, for sure.

Ledbury would make a good venue, I'm sure Doug would be interested

markwilliamson2001 06-05-2009 08:10 PM

Cheers Craig, please spread the word at Caldicot on Friday, see who else is interested...
I guess you would be running X60?

Ta
Mark

DanW 06-05-2009 08:16 PM

I don't know about hosting a national series, but I can say at Southport we have seen a healthy intrest in truck racing this year.

So far we have had at least 1 full heat on every club day and interest seems to be growing.

For those who are up for some Truck racing this season, then Southport will be hosting two trophy meetings this summer with Trucks as a supported class. :thumbsup:

Sunday 7th June 09 - Southport Summer GP
Sat/Sun 01/02 Aug 09 - Woodvale International Rally (same weekend as Stofold Nat.)

Body Paint 06-05-2009 08:38 PM

What about including a Corr series class? SC10 and Slash etc.