oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   The PlayGround (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   US postage can anyone help (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7987)

ashleyb4 06-02-2008 11:48 AM

US postage can anyone help

Hi all

Ive bought a mini t from the states and it was sent USPS air mail so ive got the tracking number and it says it was attempted to be delivered on monday at 11.12 i was out at the time and i havent heard anything since and there was no note though the door so im wondering what should i do! I dont know if it will be resqudualled or not any help apreciated.

A

jim76 06-02-2008 11:51 AM

At a guess i'd say contact your local UPS depot and quote your postcode. they should be able to identify any parcels in the warehouse from that.

tyreman 06-02-2008 11:51 AM

It'll probably be sat down your local sorting office.
Give them a call to see if it's there.

tyreman 06-02-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim76 (Post 91118)
At a guess i'd say contact your local UPS depot and quote your postcode. they should be able to identify any parcels in the warehouse from that.

They don't send via UPS, only USPS which is then delivered by Royal mail

jim76 06-02-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreman (Post 91122)
They don't send via UPS, only USPS which is then delivered by Royal mail

Doh! teach me to read properly!

grindog 06-02-2008 12:29 PM

When i get things from abroad it usually comes via Parcel Farce. If you have a local depot, just go along with proof of your address and the tracking number. They should be able to sort you out. At least its been ok for me in the past!

bigred5765 06-02-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 91116)
Hi all

Ive bought a mini t from the states and it was sent USPS air mail so ive got the tracking number and it says it was attempted to be delivered on monday at 11.12 i was out at the time and i havent heard anything since and there was no note though the door so im wondering what should i do! I dont know if it will be resqudualled or not any help apreciated.

A

it could be one of two things ash
if they havent left a card to say they tried to deliver,it will still be in uk customs i use to get that message when i ordered stuff and it was in uk customs,

sparrow.2 06-02-2008 12:41 PM

According to the USPS tracking number parcels always show up as attempted delivery when they hit customs. Expect to receive a card requesting pickup or a delivery soon. They might want to have proof of purchase too (ebay printout or whatever) so they can work out the tax. You're going to get stung for VAT and whatever import duty they see fit most likely...

Let us know how it turns out...

ashleyb4 06-02-2008 12:47 PM

ok ill see how it goes Ill give it a few more days if nothign comes ill ringt royal mail or parcel force see if either of them courier it. It said on the track a few days ago it was in customs then it had been though customs.

thanks for all the help

A

ashleyb4 06-02-2008 12:54 PM

right rung royal mail and they said it will be parcel force. lets ring them.

A

losixxx 06-02-2008 01:00 PM

what happened to the wait a few more day's then ring:lol: ....

ashleyb4 06-02-2008 01:00 PM

Thank you for holding we will be with you shortly.................:thumbdown:

crappy music!!!

A

ashleyb4 06-02-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losixxx (Post 91140)
what happened to the wait a few more day's then ring:lol: ....

i just rang royal mail and they told me to ring parcel force i change my mind very quickly

A:lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thu mbsup:

ashleyb4 06-02-2008 01:05 PM

ive found it!!!

its in the parcel force depot waiting for custom charges 22 quid!!!!!!!!! i paid less than that for my 180 pound tranny it was only 60 pound.

A

gaza121 06-02-2008 01:09 PM

In future Ask the seller to class the item as a Personal gift with a value of less than $18 and you will not get charged!

My missus got stung ny customs ordering a special monopoly set off fleebay which with customs charges came to just unfer 50 quid!:thumbdown:

bigred5765 06-02-2008 01:19 PM

how can you say stung,
it,s way cheaper than here in the uk so expect to pay vat and delivery charge
o and the statment above is asking them to break the law

Southwell 06-02-2008 01:27 PM

I got some bits from america and they delivered it THEN sent the letter for payment of £45. Rang them, refused to pay or i would have rejected it if they sent the letter first so they said don't worry about it then :lol:

losixxx 06-02-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southwell (Post 91153)
I got some bits from america and they delivered it THEN sent the letter for payment of £45. Rang them, refused to pay or i would have rejected it if they sent the letter first so they said don't worry about it then :lol:

my m8 did that with some motorcycle bits from america £55 customs charge they asked for after it had been delivered, told them no chance and was well happy until 2 months later got a letter from a debt collection agent saying the bill was £175 inc there fee's and giving him 6 weeks to pay or face court action. he didnt pay....some 6 months later knock at the door and bailiff's with a £600 bill :thumbdown:

Southwell 06-02-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losixxx (Post 91158)
my m8 did that with some motorcycle bits from america £55 customs charge they asked for after it had been delivered, told them no chance and was well happy until 2 months later got a letter from a debt collection agent saying the bill was £175 inc there fee's and giving him 6 weeks to pay or face court action. he didnt pay....some 6 months later knock at the door and bailiff's with a £600 bill :thumbdown:

Sounds fun, although i did say they could have it back if thats a problem. I wasn't prepared to pay £45 in tax so i would of had a choice to decline it, their fault not mine. We shall see....:thumbdown: O and they would be knocking on the door of my workplace lol.
Failing that ill employ Wraggy for the day. :thumbsup:

Wraggy 06-02-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southwell (Post 91162)
Failing that ill employ Wraggy for the day. :thumbsup:

Im not Cheap you know :woot: