oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Bodies / HPI (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Does any one know anything about 2wd HB 216? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171595)

Muzzie 07-09-2015 12:59 PM

Does any one know anything about 2wd HB 216?

Does any one know anything about 2wd buggie HB D216?

the dug 07-09-2015 02:07 PM

HB216

Try looking on rctech.net HB216. A few pics and a bit of info but not much:thumbsup:

Origineelreclamebord 03-12-2015 08:04 AM

No-one has mentioned the car's announcement? In that case I will:

http://www.redrc.net/2015/12/hb-d216...2wd-buggy-kit/

http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/imag...1_1000_772.png

I see many interesting ideas particularly from a design-point of view, I can really appreciate HB dare to put out something different! At the same time I have lots of questions: The likes of Ty Tessman make anything go quick! What can less capable hands achieve with this car? How much of an all-rounder will it be, as there don't seem to be options to play with the gearbox layout (yet)? Also, what about those minimal sidepods, the ESC position (on the side of the spur gear cover) and British weather? :)

Richard Lowe 03-12-2015 09:17 AM

The D216 that's just been announced will be the low grip car, there might be something else in the pipeline for higher grip tracks... ;)

http://eos.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...nnefalk2-1.jpg

I can't confirm yet but I know they are looking at a laydown gearbox option too.

J77MYF 03-12-2015 11:20 AM

It looks smart. Not sure how tough that front end will be though?

cmgreen 03-12-2015 12:37 PM

Looks ugly! And you know what they say in f1, if it looks ugly it wont work!

Origineelreclamebord 03-12-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Lowe (Post 933918)
The D216 that's just been announced will be the low grip car, there might be something else in the pipeline for higher grip tracks... ;)

I can't confirm yet but I know they are looking at a laydown gearbox option too.

I don't mean to criticize, but what's HPI's definition of low grip then? I have yet to experience a gear diff that provides comparable amounts of grip to a ball diff on non-sugared clay, dirt and wet astroturf.

Richard Lowe 03-12-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord (Post 933932)
I don't mean to criticize, but what's HPI's definition of low grip then? I have yet to experience a gear diff that provides comparable amounts of grip to a ball diff on non-sugared clay, dirt and wet astroturf.

There will be a ball diff option for the D216 :)

You can move the battery and servo quite a lot so if you need to move weight around for balance/grip you can.

I think ball diffs just drive different to geared rather than giving the car more actual traction, you can make geared work. At the EPR national this season I ran my hybrid with geared diff right from the first wet practice and that had more grip than anyone's car!

A ball diff will always have it's place though in certain track conditions and in the hands of some drivers ;)

Richard Lowe 03-12-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgreen (Post 933931)
Looks ugly! And you know what they say in f1, if it looks ugly it wont work!

It does look a bit mad doesn't it! Remember the X6, that was never, EVER considered a remotely good looking car but that went ok over here in the days when we were all starting out with mid motor.

There's lots of nice little touches that you might not notice on first glance, look at the inner end of the wishbones and the adjustable front caster blocks...

AfroP 03-12-2015 01:58 PM

the front and rear arms look solid and unbreakable lol

cmgreen 03-12-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Lowe (Post 933935)
It does look a bit mad doesn't it! Remember the X6, that was never, EVER considered a remotely good looking car but that went ok over here in the days when we were all starting out with mid motor.

There's lots of nice little touches that you might not notice on first glance, look at the inner end of the wishbones and the adjustable front caster blocks...

Yeah ur right Rich, but I know deep deep down u really want a Schumacher :thumbsup:

till 15-12-2015 07:22 PM

http://www.hbeurope.com/hb-d216.html

Scruffy 15-01-2016 11:15 AM

Low grip car

I might get one for wet astro as the xray xb2 carpet edition isn't really designed for anything but high grip surfaces.

:drool:

gertsch 17-01-2016 04:42 PM

Hello,

my first post here, I`m a average club racer from Austria. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffy (Post 938033)
I might get one for wet astro as the xray xb2 carpet edition isn't really designed for anything but high grip surfaces. :drool:

Do you really think this will work on low grip, I´m curious about how it will work on low grip conditions.

My local track is low grip clay/dirt and also a bit dusty, I own the D413 and really wanna have the D216 but not sure, cause there is no rear motor option.

Perhaps, with the motor & ESC far back and also with the square option for the lipo, I´m not sure if this will work on low grip. :confused:

Any thoughts...?

cheers

/tobys 18-01-2016 07:14 AM

I think this buggy, as is, is designed mostly for low-med grip surfaces...for higher grip surfaces (carpet/astro), it might struggle against the forward motor & low rider equipped competition...

gertsch 18-01-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by /tobys (Post 938226)
I think this buggy, as is, is designed mostly for low-med grip surfaces...for higher grip surfaces (carpet/astro), it might struggle against the forward motor & low rider equipped competition...

Ok, thanks a lot for your feedback :thumbsup:

cheerio

Richard Lowe 21-01-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gertsch (Post 938204)
Hello,

my first post here, I`m a average club racer from Austria. :)

Do you really think this will work on low grip, I´m curious about how it will work on low grip conditions.

My local track is low grip clay/dirt and also a bit dusty, I own the D413 and really wanna have the D216 but not sure, cause there is no rear motor option.

Perhaps, with the motor & ESC far back and also with the square option for the lipo, I´m not sure if this will work on low grip. :confused:

Any thoughts...?

cheers

You won't have any issues with traction with the D216, having seen it in person there's quite a bit of chassis flex which will help out a lot on lower traction tracks :)

gertsch 21-01-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Lowe (Post 938546)
You won't have any issues with traction with the D216, having seen it in person there's quite a bit of chassis flex which will help out a lot on lower traction tracks :)

Thanks a lot, very much appreciate!
cheers

madmax 11-10-2016 06:31 PM

Just orderd a 216 today. Looking forward to building it

madmax 12-10-2016 12:20 PM

I will be hopefully running it this weekend. I will give feedback and setup info as I go