oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Talywain RC Racers (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Talywains "Run to the Valleys" Finals format (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96576)

axeman 20-03-2012 05:49 PM

Talywains "Run to the Valleys" Finals format

Ok we are open to suggestions on this one.

over the series your counting rounds will give your grid positions

On finals day electric will have 5 leg finals all grid starts

Nitros will have 3 leg finals between 20-25min

somthing different but loads of fun

Let me know your thoughts after all this series is about you!!!

Ben Turner 21-03-2012 09:15 AM

Reedy race format! No qualifying, random grid positions every round, points awarded for finishing positions, racer with the best score is the winner at the end of the day :-) I think this would be a laugh and great to watch!

Jamie.T 21-03-2012 11:09 AM

Good thinking Ben, Reedy race format is great, instead of having 4 x 5min qualifiers and a 20minute final, why not just make each round 10mins long.

axeman 21-03-2012 12:06 PM

great idea for a single event. but how would that work as an end of series final?

Jamie.T 21-03-2012 12:44 PM

Each round is a final in itself, so if you run 5 rounds of reedy the winner of each round gets points, 1,2,3 e.t.c. Add all the scores together for the day and the lowest score wins.

Reedy is great as it isn't down to fastest individual race, it rewards consistency throughout the day.

Dyna 21-03-2012 01:02 PM

Mikes already running Reedy Race in ' Party in the Golf park' if you want to see how it goes Steve.

jaysllim 21-03-2012 01:23 PM

Bump ups in the finals for eleccy, i really need help as it seems me nd matt always get shafted and end up bq lol

axeman 21-03-2012 03:21 PM

someone sit me down friday night and run me through this one:thumbsup:

blue_pinky 21-03-2012 03:50 PM

It will all depend on what the computer can do to be honest, and I'm pretty sure that Lapsfree doesn't do the reedy format.

All depends on whether you want to make use of the series results or make them pointless...

Jamie.T 21-03-2012 04:41 PM

Andy is right, Laps free doesn't do reedy format, instead you set it to run just finals and skip the 1st qualifying screen. Then after 4-5 finals you just add up the points manually which takes just a couple of minutes.

Dyna 21-03-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pinky (Post 634975)
All depends on whether you want to make use of the series results or make them pointless...

Good point. You could however have the series winners from the 4 rounds, and run the finals as a Reedy Race as a bonus fun day. Or have the end of season finals as scoring double points. That might work ?

axeman 21-03-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyna (Post 634998)
Good point. You could however have the series winners from the 4 rounds, and run the finals as a Reedy Race as a bonus fun day. Or have the end of season finals as scoring double points. That might work ?

the points earned from the series will need to count. I still like the idea of 5 leg finals

Ben Turner 22-03-2012 12:33 AM

I like the double points idea! A big one off end to the season, something a bit different! Not sure how you would incorporate it into the championship, other then run it as a final round rather then 'finals' This way I guess would encourage people to participate who aren't competing in the championship or who haven't done enough rounds to count????