oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Really hacked off with Schumacher. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77566)

The Chef 10-08-2011 08:12 PM

Really hacked off with Schumacher.

Little rant,

I've 2 SX3's one for me and one for my son, racing at Shrcc last night and I do a rear belt 4 laps from the end of the summer shoot out final when in a very resectable 4th place. Ok so belts go live with it, but on this occasion ut has taken the belt fence with it. Only a tiny ring of plastic, not even 50p's worth. So I call Shumacher thinking that they would sell a little pack! No you have to buy the £12 idler gear or lay shaft gear which ever you prefer. I ask can you not just buy the fences?

Reply No you have to buy the gear also.

WTF Is it not possible to look at parts and sell them separately? How many pulley fences will get done compared to an alloy pulley?

Rant over but I'm seriously considering jacking the Cat's as I think that this is terrible and I'm having minor reliability issues which as an average club racer is very frustrating. I'm going to run them at the next all day Torch meet and then decide.

mattybucks 10-08-2011 08:16 PM

Maybe one of the Schumacher boys will help you out.

mikeyscott 10-08-2011 08:26 PM

Never had any probs with my SX/sx2/sx3 - the side guards are a pig to fit.

I'm sure torch lot can help I'll check my box as I've just sold my SV & SX3 etc.

The Chef 10-08-2011 08:37 PM

It's not so much the car's braking it is the fact that Schumacher want to pull down my pants for a pulley when I only need a fence.

I would love to get the car on song cos when it is good it is really good, but I need reliability, as it is no fun with a broken car.

cmgreen 10-08-2011 09:03 PM

This happens in big car parts to, some times you just cant get every tiny bit u want. Basically tough, 12 quid so what, i say live with it. I love the car!

col300 10-08-2011 09:06 PM

Not sure on the pulley sizes for the SX3 but the SX1 & 2 pulley fences were available separately as they were the same as the MI2/3.

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Ca...i-2/U2733.html

racingdwarf 10-08-2011 09:14 PM

shitsmaker all over mate, ran a cougar for few months, most costly car I have ever run always in your pocket:thumbdown:,half the team was telling you how fantastic it was, the other telling you how they had so much trouble getting the car to work in everything but the most ideal grip conditions they finaly had to reach for some front tyres that were so old they were not even 2.2, then said the cure was a new chassis at 8mm longer £75ish with new top plate...don't even get me started on the transmission,idler gears! oh and then there was the camber link plates most wanted 60mm...but you had to buy the whle pack. I voted with my feet! it's a shame as back in the 80's 90's they were fantastic firm:cry:.

EDIT, thought I better add-If money is no object, or your a team driver the cars can go like stink in the right conditions and WIN no question.BUT for a club racer on a tight budget,not good at all

rant! and not for the 1st time:lol:

My advice..get shot of it

The Chef 10-08-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by col300 (Post 538377)
Not sure on the pulley sizes for the SX3 but the SX1 & 2 pulley fences were available separately as they were the same as the MI2/3.

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Ca...i-2/U2733.html

I'll check the diameter. It just seems to be quite no a very expensive car to run. And expecting 12 for a pully that will probably never get used. As i said when it is on song then great but I spend more time fixing the car than racing it.:mad:

I'm damm sure that's not how it should be.

cmgreen 11-08-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 538397)
It just seems to be quite no a very expensive car to run.

Never ran a xx4 eh, LOL

Email schumacher, see what they say, there customer service is excellent.

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson 11-08-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 538397)
I'll check the diameter. It just seems to be quite no a very expensive car to run. And expecting 12 for a pully that will probably never get used. As i said when it is on song then great but I spend more time fixing the car than racing it.:mad:

I'm damm sure that's not how it should be.

The maintenance issue is why I left Schumacher. I spent More time on maintenance than setups/racing, needed more reliability during regionals and nationals.

Chris Ashton 11-08-2011 10:59 AM

The Chef;

You can buy the fences in a U2733 as said above. But if you send me your mailing address i'll get one dropped in the post for you. ;)

The Chef 11-08-2011 02:25 PM

Thank you Chris, most helpful.

All sorted now.

Just need to see If I have collapsed a bearing in the shaft:cry: Wont know till the weekend but thank you very much for your help.

top man.

john333 11-08-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Ashton (Post 538620)
The Chef;

You can buy the fences in a U2733 as said above. But if you send me your mailing address i'll get one dropped in the post for you. ;)

How's that for GREAT customer service?? :thumbsup:

The Chef 11-08-2011 05:34 PM

That is top service. I can't argue, and Chris has been more than helpful. It was a shame the lady on the telephone was not as helpful or informative. Even going to ask some one might have helped.

Anyway it is not about the problems in life but how you deal with them and Chris has come through with flying colours.

Thank you.:thumbsup:

moth898 11-08-2011 05:49 PM

Always keep your composure chef, you get more with sugar than you will with salt. Rants are funny to read but the usually include unesassary name calling, like someone wrote shitmaker instead of Schumacher....really childish.

Glad to hear your problem is solved.

The Chef 11-08-2011 06:00 PM

I wouldn't get involved with name calling. But I was a little disgruntled with my telephone conversation.

And I don't think I was rude or obnoxious at any point even though I was a little cross.

Anyway, it is resolved now I will see how the car is at torch week after next and make a decision then.

The Chef 12-08-2011 12:12 PM

Top man Chris Ashton.

Belt fences came in the post today.

You can't complain about that for customer service, in-fact it is amazing service thank you.

Do you know when the FAB's and alloy diff eccentrics will be in please?

mikeyscott 12-08-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 539236)
Top man Chris Ashton.

Belt fences came in the post today.

You can't complain about that for customer service, in-fact it is amazing service thank you.

Do you know when the FAB's and alloy diff eccentrics will be in please?

May not be THE best car on the Market, but for track support and customer service they are THE best in my view. Not just with the cars, electrics too and so forth.

CAT3K 12-08-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 539250)
May not be THE best car on the Market, but for track support and customer service they are THE best in my view. Not just with the cars, electrics too and so forth.

Have to agree on the customer service, top notch. I've driven Schumacher cars since 1989 and they've always been the best for me :)

moth898 12-08-2011 03:15 PM

I havent' come across better period