oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   22 4.0 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186956)

brooksy 11-08-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by /tobys (Post 976932)
Hi mate

if you are at the Bingham regional next week, pop over for a chat about the car, things we've learnt so far etc. My personal recommendation would be to build with lay down, high diff, for starters - you then have a gearbox option either side of it.

Cheers
Toby

Hi Toby,I'll be there. I was going to put the lay down on as I'll be running it indoors at West Bridgford during the winter on carpet. It'll be good to get some info of you as regards the gearbox height for different surfaces.
I've seen the TLR video on YouTube that explains what everything does but I'll need to watch it a few more times🤔

brooksy 12-08-2017 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well,car is nearly there,just the electrics to do. Nice build but the plastics are very hard to screw in to. Not complaining though😂

brooksy 13-08-2017 12:11 AM

Finished the build with electrics. Question For you though,I can't get the rear ride height down any lower than 19mm. The spring collar is all the way to the top and the shocks are in the middle on both top and bottom. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how/have you resolved it?.

Phill

jcb 16-08-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooksy (Post 976999)
Finished the build with electrics. Question For you though,I can't get the rear ride height down any lower than 19mm. The spring collar is all the way to the top and the shocks are in the middle on both top and bottom. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how/have you resolved it?.

Phill

I use Avid springs on mine and can get down to around 15-16mm on Schumacher Mini Spikes and a little lower on Darts.

I have also heard that some racers are using the Associated B6 lowering spring cups, or similar.

brooksy 16-08-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb (Post 977181)
I use Avid springs on mine and can get down to around 15-16mm on Schumacher Mini Spikes and a little lower on Darts.

I have also heard that some racers are using the Associated B6 lowering spring cups, or similar.

I've put ae springs on,they're slightly shorter and got it down to 18mm but would like to have the option to lower it further,especially on carpet.

I'll have to give it a run at that,It's the height I usually set my cars to for Astro.:thumbsup:

tyreman 17-08-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooksy (Post 977192)
I've put ae springs on,they're slightly shorter and got it down to 18mm but would like to have the option to lower it further,especially on carpet.

I'll have to give it a run at that,It's the height I usually set my cars to for Astro.:thumbsup:

I ran mine at Silverstone on eos carpet on Tuesday and started with 15mm ride height but it was too low when landing off the jumps, so I raised it to 17mm there was no difference in handling and it was fine over the jumps.

Big E 17-08-2017 03:28 PM

If you want to get them lower just cut 2mm off the shock bottom ball joint.

E

brooksy 17-08-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big E (Post 977230)
If you want to get them lower just cut 2mm off the shock bottom ball joint.

E

Cheers Ellis,completely forgot about that idea.

TRFfan 18-08-2017 11:04 AM

cut 2mm off the shock bottom ball joint is a option, also the short yokomo springs will do the trick
:)

Yokomo B-MAX2/B-MAX4III Big Bore Shock Front Spring Astroturf or Carpet Surface

brooksy 18-08-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRFfan (Post 977267)
cut 2mm off the shock bottom ball joint is a option, also the short yokomo springs will do the trick
:)

Yokomo B-MAX2/B-MAX4III Big Bore Shock Front Spring Astroturf or Carpet Surface

Gone with Ellis' idea...it's cheaper:thumbsup:

Origineelreclamebord 18-08-2017 01:06 PM

The ride height was already a problem with the TLR 22 3.0. When Wesley van Helmond still drove for TLR I made these low-offset spring cups for him:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/A3...ionId=59440146

https://images1.sw-cdn.net/product/p...1459359823.jpg

There might also still be a pair of these in our old stock (to save on postage), so if you're interested just PM me :)

brooksy 18-08-2017 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's finished and ready to roll👊🏻

brooksy 20-08-2017 07:02 PM

Had a quick run with the car today after a Mid East 4wd meet at BMR.
There were a few top guys still running around with their cars after the A final so I thought it would be good to have a run with them. I was really impressed with how stable the car was over bumps as the track is bumpy down the straight but has very high grip Astro on it. It was quick over jumps and landed really well so on first impressions I'm really pleased with it.
Had a few tips off Toby for some setup changes but I'm more than happy.

brooksy 03-09-2017 06:26 PM

First run out with the car today,very good out of the box I have to say. After a few tweeks and speedo setup change car was on point. Very consistant laps and quick too. I managed a couple of third in rounds behind two very quick guys so more than happy with it.
I'll have a better idea of how it goes in a couple of weeks when I run the last outdoor meeting. A lot of the lads from my regional will be there.

brooksy 17-09-2017 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well,last outdoor meeting of the year has come and gone. Managed to Q5 in the B at RHR today.
Car was faultless as I managed to get to the front and take the win. Well happy with the car,now for indoors on EOS carpet.

brooksy 12-10-2017 12:53 PM

Another(few)questions for you🤔

Has anybody had the need or tried the stand up gearbox on the 4.0?. If so,what surfaces and grip levels did you try it on and how did it go?.
I may run it at the next Worksop if spaces are available,so just testing the water for setups.

tyreman 12-10-2017 03:18 PM

It was tried by one of the team last year and he scraped the A final, when he ran the laydown car he was comfortably in.

brooksy 16-10-2017 08:50 AM

Cheers for that. I’ll try it in practice if I get in. If I feel it’s not fast enough I’ll drop the lay down on.
Next question is about the servo.
I’ve got a low profile savox in at the moment,I’ve tried fitting a full size savox in and it’s catching on the steering arm. Does anybody run a full size servo and what make is it?.

NeilRalph77 16-10-2017 11:17 AM

My full size fits and works fine, where's your catching? And are you using any servo spacers? Manual says 0 and that's fine on both mine.

brooksy 16-10-2017 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No spacers fitted and it still doesn’t fit. I don’t know if you can see from the picture but the full size savox is higher than the low profile where the arm fits. I think it’s that stopping it fitting. Might have to buy a different make of servo.