oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   One of R/C's Top Holy Grail; The Hirobo Jealousy (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131691)

optiman 25-06-2013 05:52 PM

One of R/C's Top Holy Grail; The Hirobo Jealousy

Extremely rare, very few ever made, a definite collector's wish list item, I give you;
The Hirobo Jealousy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/hirobo-jealo...item19de69cc55

I wonder for how much will it go... I wish I had money to burn, damn!!!!!!

terry.sc 25-06-2013 08:25 PM

OooH, going to be expensive. The number one on any collectors want list, but only the rich few that can afford it. Will be watching this out of interest, it's going to be way more than I could ever bid. I wonder if Typischdesign has one yet.

alcyon 26-06-2013 12:36 AM

The Jealousy has been induced in me...

DerbyDan 26-06-2013 09:17 AM

I don't really get it? I realise that the Hirobo Jealousy is a very rare beast indeed... but until I got into the vintage R/C scene I never knew it ever existed, yet i've been racing since the late 80s :o

What makes this model so special.... does it have a racing pedigree? Please educate me :)

terry.sc 26-06-2013 01:01 PM

The Jealousy was Hirobos last hurrah before leaving buggies and concentrating on their helicopters. All aluminium suspension, alloy ball diffs and a great looker. Hirobo went all out with the design, and it contained all the latest technology for the time. With the limited production and large number of machined parts it cost twice as much as the opposition at the time, the Turbo optima and Avante.

You won't have known about it as there was only 300 kits made, and only 68 of them ended up outside Asia. Most at the time bought to race, so the number of Jealousys that haven't been run is even smaller. That's what helps make it even more special.

More photos of the one on ebay here
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...05425&id=16140

Neil Skull 26-06-2013 01:33 PM

Awesome piece of kit, love the way the shocks go through the wishbones!:wub

jimmy 26-06-2013 02:03 PM

Yankee Electra is my dream machine :thumbsup:

discothesnake 26-06-2013 02:16 PM

Pretty it aint....

BORMAC 26-06-2013 09:42 PM

Yeah well buyer beware is all I can say. The seller has a (ahem) colourful history to say the least. I certainly hope the buyer insists on registered tracking. Wouldn't want this rare piece not to arrive or anything.

mr. ed 28-06-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 785218)
Yankee Electra is my dream machine :thumbsup:

You know Jimmy, I've seen one in Japan. They don't even have bushings in the plastic parts. The axles just turn in full contact with the plastic.

optiman 28-06-2013 01:22 PM

If memory dosent fail I remember seeing a Jealousy with a price tag of $400 or so on a magazine back in the 80's. That was A LOT of money at the time.

Just for fun, how much $$$ do you guys think this beast is going to pull?
I think it will be around $1500 to $1700 range.

optiman 28-06-2013 11:31 PM

Ufffff still 2 days to go and already on the $1400 range!!!!
I wonder if any Oople member of our "vintage club" is bidding....

terry.sc 29-06-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORMAC (Post 785369)
Yeah well buyer beware is all I can say. The seller has a (ahem) colourful history to say the least. I certainly hope the buyer insists on registered tracking. Wouldn't want this rare piece not to arrive or anything.

Gary did try and get me to help him a few times by forwarding some ebay wins for him, nothing would have persuaded me to get involved just in case they 'went missing' between me and him. I'm sure it will stop the price getting too high as even though he has supposedly reformed there are many people who still wouldn't want to bid just in case.

BORMAC 29-06-2013 01:27 AM

Interesting information Terry. Yeah I knew the guy very well at one time and he confided more than he should have in me. The guy is rotten and if Retro and I had not sprung and outed him he would still be ripping innocent people off. No doubt he has had to review the way he does things with so many sets of eyes always on him. I hope for the vintage communities sake that he keeps his buying and selling practices legit. Trust between people that have never met half the world away is a valuable thing. For some turd to cheat, lie and steal from his fellow friends just ain't cool.
As they say though, a leopard never changes its spots.

DanB4 29-06-2013 02:19 AM

Oops duplication by mistake

DanB4 29-06-2013 02:21 AM

Sounds like a bit of an infamous individual!

I won't be bidding.

BORMAC 29-06-2013 02:55 AM

In person he's a nice enough person. Even a fun guy to have a beer with but I'd never recommend sending money his way.
He liked to play us all for fools. Would take your money then not send the goods. Would purchase goods, receive them then lodge a claim with PayPal to get his money back. He got away with this for a while, until we outed him on 10TALK.

BORMAC 29-06-2013 02:58 AM

And if that doesn't sound bad enough it was his smug, pompous arrogant attitude that best explained the kind of person he was/is.

Trust is hard earned but easily lost.

DanB4 29-06-2013 05:57 AM

PM me his name so I can avoid mate?

CAT3K 29-06-2013 06:41 AM

I have to admit I'm always a little wary when new buyers/sellers pop up with nice stuff in that part of Oz, which is a shame for the genuine people from that part of the world.

When I was new to the vintage scene Gary asked me to be a middle man for getting ebay bits shipped from the UK to Australia, luckily I had read the very long thread on RC10Talk. I've also had his ebay ID (one of his many..) bid on my some of my auctions in the past only for me to cancel the bids.