oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SkyRC SC120 - turbo acting odd? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199409)

Yorkiebar 06-09-2018 08:14 PM

SkyRC SC120 - turbo acting odd?

Hi all,

Just landed a 2nd hand one of these in a setup wired to a sensored 5.5T 550 motor. It goes ok, and got my hand on a program card to change a few things.

It was in blinky when I got it. Set the neutral and endpoints as per always, Tx has everything set to 100% EPA / no curve.

What I first found odd is on the PC Link the Boost section is greyed out altogether, and doesn't show up on the program card. Is this normal for the SC edition?

Secondly, turbo. Using my trained ear test to measure RPM, when I enable it you can actually hear the motor wind down slower at full throttle rather than increase! Setting it back to blinky brings the pitch back to a fully linear note.

I'm at a loss - I've changed every turbo parameter and they all do the same.

Any ideas?

tyreman 07-09-2018 08:46 AM

Try restoring to default settings and start again, or see if there’s a firmware update.

Yorkiebar 07-09-2018 09:52 AM

I've tried that too, after the first few tries I flattened all the settings to default and started from scratch. It's running the latest firmware on both progbox and ESC, although I believe the SC edition of this is behind the buggy version in terms of development as V1.08 is the latest it will find compared to 2.x in the buggy version

markymark6183 10-09-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkiebar (Post 992238)
I've tried that too, after the first few tries I flattened all the settings to default and started from scratch. It's running the latest firmware on both progbox and ESC, although I believe the SC edition of this is behind the buggy version in terms of development as V1.08 is the latest it will find compared to 2.x in the buggy version

Any chance you could help me out here !! When you plug your progbox into the laptop/pc does it link upto “skylink” if so where do I download skylink ?? I can’t find it anywhere

Leelar74 10-09-2018 07:28 PM

Try the gm software

Yorkiebar 11-09-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leelar74 (Post 992339)
Try the gm software

Tried that too, exactly the same. :(

Ross 11-09-2018 04:17 PM

I had a similar issue with a 5.5 and Hobbywing V3.1 under load. It turned out to be battery issue, i used a new one and it was fine.

Yorkiebar 11-09-2018 05:20 PM

Hmm that's odd, cheers Ross but I don't think it's battery related, tried 4 different sets that are known good and last 15+ mins in the loony powered XB4.

There's something odd with the ESC as the boost section is greyed out altogether. I may try a different motor to double check.

mark christopher 12-09-2018 07:52 PM

Motor is sensored? Sensor lead ok?
It should allow you to set boost etc unless you have still loaded the blinkey profile and not the modified

Yorkiebar 12-09-2018 08:17 PM

Hi Mark,

Yes, sensor lead is ok (robbed from another car), the motor is a sensored Trinity 5.5, I can set turbo which then sees the LED go from blinky to solid so I know that's working, but there's no boost setting at all on the progbox, and the boost section is greyed out on the PC link GUI.

When I get chance I will solder a different motor on and triple check, but other than that it's the ESC playing silly buggers.

mark christopher 14-09-2018 02:20 PM

only thing i can think is try to reflash the speedo

Yorkiebar 14-09-2018 04:23 PM

I've tried that, got the prompt that a new FW was available when I first used it, it's no different before or after. It seems to be a mile behind what other versions I've seen though so now wondering if it is a genuine Toro, thee's no markings visible on it at all but it looks identical the the plastic case TS150 now I look into it more, even down to the fresnel lens over the LED.

From memory it's on version 1.08, and the software I've tried is Skylink V2.07, V2.08 and Gforce 2.08.

Is there any way of finding a newer ESC FW version than just what the skylink software says?