oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   LRP (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   x12 motor bearings (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49093)

smitty 04-07-2010 12:39 PM

x12 motor bearings

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows were i can get lrp x12 motor bearings from had one collapse yesterday :cry:

Chequered Flag Racing 04-07-2010 12:49 PM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

smitty 04-07-2010 02:37 PM

cheers

cheers mate and cheaper than i expected thanks again:thumbsup:

Matt Airbrushing 11-07-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty (Post 391413)
cheers mate and cheaper than i expected thanks again:thumbsup:

I checked mine after racing yesterday and the top bearing is a bit notchy after only a few meetings use so I think im going to change mine as well.

So much for "maintenance free"

RS Concept 12-07-2010 07:01 AM

Hi,

Do you have the standard X12 or the X12 Octa. Few of my colleagues fought with the same problem in case of the standard X12... it happens after roughly 2h of workingtime.
I use the Octa, let say 10h workingtime wo. any problem. Probably LRP understood the problematic bearing and exchanged it in the Octas.

smitty 12-07-2010 11:05 AM

x12

Hi its just the standard x12 mate apparently they are prone for it so i have been told so for the sake of £8 i am going to change both of my x12s to ceramic its just annoying when they are so exspensive :thumbsup:

alan041049 12-07-2010 11:17 AM

RE: LRP/Nosram V12 bearings

Hi Guys.
I am now selling the 4 x 10 x 4mm ceramics on Ebay @ £7:75 incl free UK shipping. Direct sales via forum at discount.

Regards,
alan (RCBearings4U) NOT RCBEARING.co.uk

RS Concept 12-07-2010 12:43 PM

Yeap,

the only sad thing is, that you need to change the bearings after few hours,,, for a motor of this category- incl. price level- Im not sure is the best solution from the producer side. Its not an IC engine, just a bloody brushless motor.

So go ahead.

smitty 13-07-2010 07:39 PM

x12

Just out of interest do any other motors of the lrp /nosram family have this same problem :confused: dont want to buy a new motor and have the same thing happen again

RS Concept 14-07-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty (Post 393707)
Just out of interest do any other motors of the lrp /nosram family have this same problem :confused: dont want to buy a new motor and have the same thing happen again

Its pity,,, I understand you.

Good experience for the future in case of choosing a motor producer.

Other thing, but I wanna stop the blaming of LRP,,,

I dont understand, why the X12 series are so extremly hot comparing to other producers motors. In my X6sq my 6,5 turner got 10deg Celsius highert temp as same Novak, Orion os SP 6,5 turner. Gearing same, no trouble with the ballbearings, everything runs free.
So the efficiency of this X12 are how to say,, not on the highest level.

But works great.

njc11 14-07-2010 10:09 AM

X12's... ive found do run hot.. and i have had one bearing failure...

If you have the early X12's make sure you have the " .... " timing bit in to make it zero timing.. early ones had the " .. "

Also as the temps are high, it can dry the bearings out... so after every couple of meetings i remove the bearings and oil with some good quality oil..

You can buy a special bearing remover tool from LRP and its takes no time at all to do :thumbsup:

Just make sure you dont over do it with the oil.. oil them, leave for a few minutes then spin them on the rotor wipe excess of then put back in place..

No motor is maintenance free... if you want them to last, maintain them.. anything with moving parts needs TLC some more frequent than others.. in the case of bearings the hotter they get the more regular you should maintain... common sense really :)

When brushed were around... you always were taking the can to bits to sort the comm etc and you would clean it as it was in bits... well i did anyway.. this would include oiling bearings etc which is probably why we didnt get bearing failures?

Cheers

Nick
:thumbsup:

mattb 14-07-2010 10:56 AM

same here ive had i bearing faliure and since oiling them no probs i oil mine while they are still in the motor though you can remove the end cap and pull out the motor sensor after oiling to make sure its clean also or you can endup with a stuttering motor if you put to much oil in