oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   oOple Talk (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New For Sale sections! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156687)

Col 09-09-2014 01:03 AM

New For Sale sections!

Hey guys (and girls)

You might have noticed that there have been some substantial changes to the for sale section overnight.
I'd like your opinions... is this better? Or worse?

Note there have been rule changes.

shark 09-09-2014 02:24 AM

I think its better , easier to locate what your after:thumbsup:
Good Job .

Chris Larner 09-09-2014 04:53 AM

For sale section

Great job. I think you will have your work cut out there Col due to the amount of people that can't read rules and still post without a picture or a price. Look forward to seeing the amount of strikes you have to give out this week.
Hopefully it will put off some of the scammers.
Biggest Rule is DONT pay by gift unless you trust and know seller.

K-Brewer 09-09-2014 07:03 AM

I think electrics should be anything to do with electrics like chargers an stuff an not just what's inside the car, would make it a lot simpler seeing as ur for sale item will get deleted if in the wrong section, it's to complicated otherwise

emtee 09-09-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Brewer (Post 875510)
I think electrics should be anything to do with electrics like chargers an stuff an not just what's inside the car

+1 for this..

Col 09-09-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Larner (Post 875505)
Great job. I think you will have your work cut out there Col due to the amount of people that can't read rules and still post without a picture or a price. Look forward to seeing the amount of strikes you have to give out this week.
Hopefully it will put off some of the scammers.
Biggest Rule is DONT pay by gift unless you trust and know seller.

True buddy. Pictures are currently mandatory in the one section only (in theory the highest price bit) but may roll out across the board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Brewer (Post 875510)
I think electrics should be anything to do with electrics like chargers an stuff an not just what's inside the car, would make it a lot simpler seeing as ur for sale item will get deleted if in the wrong section, it's to complicated otherwise

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtee (Post 875515)
+1 for this..

Due to the fact it was 4:25am I'm not entirely sure what my logic was there... presumably you'd want to include tyre warmers and power supplies in electric too? Makes sense I suppose!

K-Brewer 09-09-2014 07:57 AM

Yeah tyres warmers, program cards an all that good stuff mate

Zippy G 09-09-2014 08:46 AM

Great Job Col

However I regularly just browse through the for sale section as you never know what you may come across :woot:

Now the sections are seperated there is more searching to do.:(

Also someone searching for an item may come across something else that they want if all catorgories are together as per the old setup, but now that can't happen.

Also I regularly advertise in the for sale section where I put up one post which then has several items within it.
Will these types of adds now be deleted?

If so that would mean that I have to advertise items individually and so could take up half a page of the for sale section.

Just my point of view not sure how others feel. :thumbsup:

Peakey 09-09-2014 10:25 AM

It's defiantly better like this as if it's all in separate sections your ad is going to stay visible for longer.

And IMO I think all adds should be one thread for everything and just update it as things sell or are amended. Again this will keep more adds visible.

And I think ALL adds should have a pic it's not hard to add a pic with today's phones and more people will feel better about buying

spennyy2k 09-09-2014 12:01 PM

Leave it as it was. I imagine a lot of people like myself view the forum on a phone and more sections to load is more hassle, oople is slow enough to load at the best of times.

RogerM 09-09-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spennyy2k (Post 875566)
Leave it as it was. I imagine a lot of people like myself view the forum on a phone and more sections to load is more hassle, oople is slow enough to load at the best of times.

I personally perfered it how it was, really struggle with time on the forum ans lots of different places to look make it harder to track.

Also has the upload size of photos increased as I've never been able to upload anything to oople due to sizes (and my inability to manipulate images)

Peakey 09-09-2014 12:49 PM

I've always used the photo bucket app to upload photos and have never had a problem with it and it's so simple to use.

Ashlandchris 09-09-2014 02:36 PM

My personal preference was to leave it how it was - I always look through the sale section as a browse, not because I'm specifically after anything. How it is now requires clicking on the 4 sections, and that is time consuming due to slow website

Aire valley 09-09-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashlandchris (Post 875597)
My personal preference was to leave it how it was - I always look through the sale section as a browse, not because I'm specifically after anything. How it is now requires clicking on the 4 sections, and that is time consuming due to slow website

I know you must have put a lot of work in to achieve the new system Col but unfortunately, I have to agree with the above...
I am a dedicated "browser"...!just like to see what's for sale and make impulse purchases..!:rolleyes:

gerbil 09-09-2014 07:02 PM

The old way was better IMO
Just needs everyone to adhere to the pic rule it's a bit annoying " I'll post pics once at home" just wait till your at home to place your add anyway that's my two pence worth

cornishboy176 09-09-2014 07:15 PM

Nobody likes change, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", thing is times are changing and these changes have been done for the better of the website, hats off to Jimmy and co for their hardwork in running this website, where else can you advertise for sale / wanted items for free, I do agree with the pictures up with the item for sale, this way is more manageable for the moderators and just means that we all have to spend more time trawling thru oople :thumbsup:

Just my thoughts peeps

gerbil 09-09-2014 07:34 PM

Just a quick question the new posts on the home screen doesn't see to update for me ! Could just be mine thanks

Karting 09-09-2014 07:45 PM

Another thing which does my swede in...

When people post a item for sale and in the "new" thread they simply post a link to the "old" thread

Col 09-09-2014 08:08 PM

All electrical items now fall under electrics.

We'll call it a trial for now, the different sections. Personally... I prefer it - makes moderating easier.

D20MCK 09-09-2014 08:16 PM

I think it looks bad and it's hard to navigate just because of the multiple sections you need more clicks to browse through.

I really didn't see the problem before, change it back.