oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Caldicot Radio Control Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Caldicot - B6/B6D Set Ups (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191569)

c0sie 25-07-2017 12:14 PM

Caldicot - B6/B6D Set Ups

I have seen Chris Mills' B6D setups, and know there are a few more B6/D's at Caldicot.

If you have a B6/D at the club could you share your setups please?

I'm hoping to come back with a 10T in my B6D, so keen to hear gearing setups for that class too please.

It would help an old racer out no end :)

Ox.

cjm_2008 25-07-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0sie (Post 976113)
I have seen Chris Mills' B6D setups, and know there are a few more B6/D's at Caldicot.

If you have a B6/D at the club could you share your setups please?

I'm hoping to come back with a 10T in my B6D, so keen to hear gearing setups for that class too please.

It would help an old racer out no end :)

Ox.

Look at this! A spec motor class is bringing racers back :)

I run a KD so can only give pointers on tyres. Worn yellow minipins on the rear, cut staggers on the front. Caldicot are regularly building tracks with a high amount of polished floor and you want as much rubber in contact with that as possible :)

c0sie 25-07-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjm_2008 (Post 976120)
Look at this! A spec motor class is bringing racers back :)

I run a KD so can only give pointers on tyres. Worn yellow minipins on the rear, cut staggers on the front. Caldicot are regularly building tracks with a high amount of polished floor and you want as much rubber in contact with that as possible :)

I haven't raced at a club night with you in many many years - probably when I had my old 6.5T shod Atomic S2 - good ol' days!

Those cut staggers seemed to make more of an appearence after I went into hibernation, it was mainly yellow pins or spikes front and rear with my old 2WD's, but I know the hall floor surface has changed since then and offers less grip I believe?

cjm_2008 26-07-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0sie (Post 976122)
I haven't raced at a club night with you in many many years - probably when I had my old 6.5T shod Atomic S2 - good ol' days!

Those cut staggers seemed to make more of an appearence after I went into hibernation, it was mainly yellow pins or spikes front and rear with my old 2WD's, but I know the hall floor surface has changed since then and offers less grip I believe?

I think it has changed (Pete can confirm). The cut staggers are a very good compromise between grip and slip, and seem to work well on any surface. New or nearly new mini pins are worse than no tyres at all on the new floor.

peetbee 27-07-2017 08:04 AM

Yeah, they 'cleaned' the floor a couple of years ago, initially it was more slippery than an ice rink, but it's slowly slowly getting grip back.

The low profile cut staggers are the ones to go for, they last pretty well too.
Mini pins are the most popular choice for the rear, but as Craig says, when new they don't grip the polish that well.
Some have used Darts, but they're no better in the polish either.