oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Faversham Off Road Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   appology to all drivers in my heat (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82440)

discostu 06-10-2011 06:31 PM

appology to all drivers in my heat

I would like to say I had a great night racing last night but feel it was a little unfair to the other 5 drivers in heat 3 who unfortuantly spent all three races moving out the way for the leader. I cant see how this is fair.

stu

DRM Black7 06-10-2011 08:27 PM

Yeah but at least you had Alan and Nathan spoting for you.
I had nothing, lost my voice from saying lapping lol

jkclifford 07-10-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discostu (Post 563470)
I would like to say I had a great night racing last night but feel it was a little unfair to the other 5 drivers in heat 3 who unfortuantly spent all three races moving out the way for the leader. I cant
see how this is fair.

stu

I get what your saying, but would it be fair to remove someone from the top heat which they did qualify to get into, to let you back in.

Everyones had to do it Elliot Neil and myself, you were lucky sometimes it can take 2/3 weeks to get of the lowers heats.

discostu 07-10-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkclifford (Post 563659)
I get what your saying, but would it be fair to remove someone from the top heat which they did qualify to get into, to let you back in.

Everyones had to do it Elliot Neil and myself, you were lucky sometimes it can take 2/3 weeks to get of the lowers heats.

and i agree james it would be unfair i supose you would again have to look at how to improve the format as it obviose to me the grading system doesn't work.

anyone got any sugestions for the commitee

stu

gddevey1012 07-10-2011 04:26 PM

Should be based on a 4 week average rather than a week by week basis, This way provideing that you do a decent average the placings would remain the same, Im no where near the A but find it hard that when i have to work a week i end up going backwards into the kids heat where yes i might win all 3 rounds but get my car battered in the process.

I also would like to see an outlaw on reverse there are quite simply 2 many people using it with no thought for others and with the marshalls all doing there jobs its simply not needed.

terryh 07-10-2011 08:21 PM

Guys

Hope you dont mind me butting in here, but I used to be involved with running a club, and as such know how how difficult it is to keep everyone happy. We found that by far the best way of organising the heats was to seed the drivers based on ability, not attendance.

Every driver benifited from this system because the driver ability in each heat was roughly the same, and as a result, nobodys racing was spoil by having to move over for faster drivers, and visa versa, or as is sometimes the case, the faster driver getting fed up with slower drivers not allowing him/her through so ending up driving through the slower cars, not good!

I know I havn't raced at Faversham, just trying to offer some friendly advise, our format worked really well and I hope this helps.

Terry

Rebelrc 10-10-2011 07:09 PM

Where has our ranking system gone?
Some weeks we seem to get ramped up straight into the A others at the bottom of the D ??????

discostu 10-10-2011 09:17 PM

LOL:thumbsup:

rcmonkey 11-10-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discostu (Post 565130)
LOL:thumbsup:

lol at you for being in bottom heat :thumbsup:

jkclifford 12-10-2011 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=rcmonkey;565480]lol at you for being in bottom heat :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

your in no position to lol at anyone, cos no one knows who the f you are.