oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   1/18th & Micro stuff (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   why no ifmar micro worlds (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43706)

millzy 08-04-2010 10:46 AM

Man i have one day off and a thread that i thought was going to see if we as Drivers where going to push for a Micro worlds turned into a slanging match.

Oxonator in my book dose a good job with the Micro forum and the whole micro class, personly im not a fan of the quality of the cars however i know things have moved on a little since i last ran one

micro racing allways looks like good clean fun at club nights and Nationals, like most classes it has cheap cars to get new drivers into the class as well as the pricey top end stuff for those looking to compete at a pro level.

realisticy the class is still new next to other froms of rc racing, this type of off the boil forum talk is not going to help any one regardless of there personl views on members and the class its self

keep it clean its ment to be fun

markwilliamson2001 08-04-2010 11:53 AM

:thumbsup::)

frogger 08-04-2010 12:17 PM

Getting a rise out of people on the forum IS fun? :lol: :lol: :lol:

rocketrob 08-04-2010 01:15 PM

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9742/hi5.gif http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3...iebeersma9.gif

Lonestar 08-04-2010 02:50 PM

Again - I keep my fingers crossed that you guys get your worlds event at some point. But I'm willing to be serious money it won't happen for at least 5yrs ;)

Regarding xray - I don't want to sound like a xray buff as I ain't one and I absolutely HATE their marketing machine, and to be completely honest up until a few weeks ago I was racing a HotBodies Cyclone instead of a T3. However, you are missing my point completely. These guys have started from NOWHERE 10 years ago (if you forget Hudy had been subcontracting for Serpent for decades) and then completely penetrated the following segments:
1- 10th DTM EP - they somehow have never managed to take a pan-regional or even worlds title, but boy they've made some pretty impressive showing including lots of a-mains at euros and worlds
2- 8th offroad buggy - again, they started like 5 years ago from NOTHING - and they have won a Euro title (iirc)
3- 10th DTM IC - nada 3 years ago. the NT1 is current Eurochamp I believe
4- small scale - no need to develop this one
5- 8th offroad truggy - not too familiar with this one. I think there's an 809T in the works, not sure though

If there's a company that's willing to invest as many segment as they can to fuel their growth, Xray is it. There's nothing that "they do best" because, well, they do quite a lot, and quite well. But every time they see a market opportunity, they jump into the gap and make some money out of it by securing some market share and then relentlessly releasing a new version of their product every 9 to 12 months (which is actually pretty annoying tbh...). If these guys do this on all their product line but one segment (small scale) this is a strong signal. But this was just an example, not a full justification, so please don't make me say what I didn't say.

All in all - I hope you guys get your class recognized :)

Paul

c0sie 08-04-2010 02:58 PM

5 years?

Ill take that bet with you :p

millzy 08-04-2010 03:20 PM

What Odds we giving for Harris winnig the worlds in 5 years time then lol

c0sie 08-04-2010 03:42 PM

Probably better odds than me winning the Worlds LOL

MrNanoTrax 09-04-2010 10:05 AM

wow... a micro 'worlds' thread that doesn't mention 1/28th Mini Z? :confused: there are several international competitions including the Atomic Mini Z Championship and PN Racing Mini Z World Cup. where have you guys been? :eh?:

c0sie 09-04-2010 10:16 AM

Thats because here in the UK, the term "micro" was coined to represent the scale of micro cars available at the time ranging from 1/16th to 1/18th scale.

Its a generalisation......I would start panicking too much there...

MrNanoTrax 09-04-2010 10:25 AM

so..... is this an old thread? my bad :D

frogger 09-04-2010 10:38 AM

Actually MrNanoTrax, you make a good point. If Mini-Z's can do it then so can 1/16th and 1/18th :thumbsup:

Do you have any numbers you can share with us with regards to Mini-Z drivers globally? How large are your competitions? etc. Would be really interesting to know. I have a UK based Mini-Z company, Bleeding Edge Racing, coming to do demo for us at our High Wycombe open day on May 1st! :)

MrNanoTrax 09-04-2010 10:48 AM

only the guys from PN Racing & Atomic could give reliable, hard statistics for Mini Z's popularity. we focus on the most recent entry to the micro market, the 1/43rd scale dNano. i read somewhere in this thread that micros have a more promising future in sales & popularity due to their comparitively low cost and convenience factor (indoor) - or something of that nature - and i'll have to agree 110%. every scale started from ZERO and the way the world economy is going only benefits micro.

i've been in touch with one of your reps because we (our parent company) distribute for X-Power - so of course i've heard of BERT ;)

Lonestar 16-02-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0sie (Post 364734)
5 years?

The clock is ticking... 2mths left ;)

(Don't ask me what made me think about that discussion... the human brain sometimes does weird things!)

(Note that, in the meantime, xray has entered the 10th offroad market, and quite with some excellence I must say. Still they haven't updated their 18th scale platform...)

Ashleygibb 18-02-2015 11:11 PM

May aswell just hand the trophy to Craig Harris

Lonestar 27-10-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0sie (Post 364734)
5 years?

Cosie... Will you honor your bet? ;)