oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tamiya (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Questions (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74752)

Lee Martin 06-07-2011 08:52 PM

Questions

:thumbsup:Hi guys,

Been a little while, but thought i would ask if anyone has any questions they want to ask me? i try to read all the threads, but sometimes i loose track with being away so often.

Thanks

Lee

t8rtot 06-07-2011 08:56 PM

can i get at least a baseline setup for a med/high grip indoor clay tracks. we're using aka rebars, barcodes and bk bars for tires. and as far as the rear aluminum hubs go, what differences will i see from 0-0.5-1deg?

your a champ Lee :thumbsup:

stegger 06-07-2011 08:58 PM

Lee have you had anymore chance to test the 502 ?

Stotty 06-07-2011 09:06 PM

There is a thread on here about a trf511 LME ( Lee Martin Edition)
Do you think this will happen if...... I meen WHEN you WIN the worlds.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich D 06-07-2011 09:19 PM

511 gearing for Oswestry on a SP 5.5 V3.0 and a GT2.0 speedo would be handy !

BloodClod 07-07-2011 05:11 AM

Hi Lee,

First off I want to express my thanks for your willingness to share your setups and tips with all your Tamiya buggies - must say that I've enjoyed my TRFs with your tips to experiment with.

I'm trying to get my TRF201 to work on the outdoor clay track that we run locally and I was wondering if you could share a little bit more about how you go about using weights to tune your car - e.g. when to put weight where and why...

Would go a long way in helping me get some better laptimes. :)

Thanks.

carpaste 07-07-2011 06:16 AM

Hi Lee,

It is happy to see this topic. I am a your fan and Tamiya fan. I hope you will get the title of world race winner. I want to know that do you know whether Tamiya have had any plan for new top grade buggy model?

Thanks

DavidAMS 07-07-2011 06:55 AM

Hi Lee, please drive more with the 502x :thumbsup:
It seems to have been forgotten??

Keep up the good work, everyone is rooting for ya!:thumbsup:

stegger 07-07-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Martin (Post 523990)

Been a little while, but thought i would ask if anyone has any questions they want to ask me? i try to read all the threads, but sometimes i loose track with being away so often.

Thanks

Lee

Think he's gone away again ! :lol::lol::lol: :p

mattybucks 07-07-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Martin (Post 523990)

Thanks

Lee

Are you going to win the worlds?

lazyboy12300 07-07-2011 08:56 AM

Are there any plans to release updated versions of the 801X and XT?

It seems you have done a fair bit of modifying these to help you in America. I have tried the +4mm wheelbase and I found it to make the car completely different, so looking forward to see what else you do.

Cheers
Scott

wildwillydriver 07-07-2011 10:28 AM

Hi Lee,
this is very kind of you. :thumbsup:
I have 2 qeuestions for you:

1) Some set up guide line for TRF201 on dirt hard packed low traction tracks.

2) Next year i'd like to go nitro and since i'm "Tamiya only" i'll go for a TRF801x. Any chance that we will see them easily available also here in Europe? Can you give me some advice on were to find car and parts(Europe/UK)?

Some time ago you posted a topic about you as a future TRF distributor for UK and Eu, am i wrong? If not there is any update about this? :drool:

Thanks in advance for your time.

Bye
WWD
:)

Shifta 07-07-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidAMS (Post 524065)
Hi Lee, please drive more with the 502x :thumbsup:
It seems to have been forgotten??

Keep up the good work, everyone is rooting for ya!:thumbsup:

You've already taken the UK national series with 4 straight wins with the 511 so for the sake of all the people who bought the 502 it would be nice to see you run it for the 2 remaining meetings.. I think it would help us all out with set ups etc.. Thanks:thumbsup:

Lee Martin 07-07-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t8rtot (Post 523993)
can i get at least a baseline setup for a med/high grip indoor clay tracks. we're using aka rebars, barcodes and bk bars for tires. and as far as the rear aluminum hubs go, what differences will i see from 0-0.5-1deg?

your a champ Lee :thumbsup:

Of course; start with:

35wt front - blue spring - 1.3 x 2 piston
Middle hole on the arm - 2nd out on the tower
inside hole on link with 1mm washer - 3mm washer outside.

30wt rear - yellow cut spring (1 coil off) 1.4 x 2 piston
Inside hole on arm - 2nd out on tower
try meduim wheel base.

with regards to the hubs:

the more toe in you have - the more rear side bite the car will generate.
the less, the looser the rear end. sometimes you can even turn the .5 blocks around so overall you have 2.5 degrees of toe in. this helps the rear end pivot on slow twisty tracks.

lee

Lee Martin 07-07-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stegger (Post 523995)
Lee have you had anymore chance to test the 502 ?

Basically no.
i will not test te 502x until after the worlds. i want to be completely in tune with my 511 with no distractions. afterwards i will test the car again and get some great set ups!

Lee Martin 07-07-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stotty (Post 523999)
There is a thread on here about a trf511 LME ( Lee Martin Edition)
Do you think this will happen if...... I meen WHEN you WIN the worlds.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who knows... i have been working closely with the designer about the possibility of some upgrades....

time will tell, but i hope so...

Lee Martin 07-07-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich D (Post 524008)
511 gearing for Oswestry on a SP 5.5 V3.0 and a GT2.0 speedo would be handy !

im going to start with 19/91 standard ESC settings.

;)

Lee Martin 07-07-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodClod (Post 524050)
Hi Lee,

First off I want to express my thanks for your willingness to share your setups and tips with all your Tamiya buggies - must say that I've enjoyed my TRFs with your tips to experiment with.

I'm trying to get my TRF201 to work on the outdoor clay track that we run locally and I was wondering if you could share a little bit more about how you go about using weights to tune your car - e.g. when to put weight where and why...

Would go a long way in helping me get some better laptimes. :)

Thanks.

Weights, recently i have been putting weights in and around the rear gear box, this has helps to increase rear traction quite a lot.
normally i use weights to stop the car grip rolling, settle it through bumps or to stop wheeling..... on dirt i normally run a light car with the weight (apprx 30g) under the rear U plate and in front of gear box, and also a small amount up front. (20-30) to stop wheeling.

Lee

GRIFF55 07-07-2011 08:33 PM

Is it going to be orange?

Lee Martin 07-07-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpaste (Post 524057)
Hi Lee,

It is happy to see this topic. I am a your fan and Tamiya fan. I hope you will get the title of world race winner. I want to know that do you know whether Tamiya have had any plan for new top grade buggy model?

Thanks

I hope so......
Thats up to the japanese im afraid.