oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   trakpower lipo (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8016)

flamme 07-02-2008 12:00 PM

trakpower lipo

http://www.trakpower.com/

greats news for the sadle pack drivers
trakpower 4800 sadle pack lipo

Chris Doughty 07-02-2008 12:04 PM

I saw this on an america forum, it states it 30mm tall in one section of the website, and 20.8mm tall on another section.

if it is 30mm tall then would that make it 'ilegal' for ROAR rules (and I believe BRCA are following similar sizes to ROAR)

DCM 07-02-2008 12:13 PM

plus the BRCA have stipulated that cell construction is 2 in series.... so unless they have managed to squeaze in once MASSIVE cell either side....

Chris Doughty 07-02-2008 12:19 PM

I think those rules are 2 in series, any number in parallel.

I think its another way of saying 7.4v nominal for the whole pack.

this is just my interpretation of the rule though.

DCM 07-02-2008 12:34 PM

taken from the EB rules

Quote:

3. Individual cells used in the construction of the battery shall be rated at 3.7 volts nominal and the pack shall be 2 cells in series.

Hog 07-02-2008 12:39 PM

Great stuff - just what I've been waiting for - £69.99 so not too bad.

Just gotta save up for one now!

Hairy Spider 07-02-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 91558)
taken from the EB rules

Don't get hung up the BRCA 'Rules'. There are no BRCA lipo rules. There is a set of BRCA lipo usage GUIDELINES and a set of rules adopted by the only BRCA class to sanction the use of lipo which was agreed at their AGM and the rules were specifically tailored to the class in question. (So all you other classes out there get your act together for the next round of AGMs and get voting :thumbsup:)

The number of cells in series only sets the max voltage limit. There is no specification for the number in parallel, only a capacity limit set at 5000mah , which once again only applies to the TC Pro stock class, no other classes.

The use of lipo at club level is entirely at the discretion of the club and for each club in question to set their own lipo rules, regulations and guidelines.

DCM 07-02-2008 01:11 PM

them rules is rules, and it leaves a grey area, but it does state TWO cells, and I know it is aimed at the Pro Stock class in on-road, but that would mean there would need to be an adaption of the rules put forward at the next AGM

OldTimer 07-02-2008 01:34 PM

So when can i buy some ;)

Chris Green 07-02-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 91537)
I saw this on an america forum, it states it 30mm tall in one section of the website, and 20.8mm tall on another section.

if it is 30mm tall then would that make it 'ilegal' for ROAR rules (and I believe BRCA are following similar sizes to ROAR)

Yeah, noticed the inconsistency with the dimensions.

The drawing for their 5400 inline lipo shows a height of 23mm. So I doubt the 4800 saddle would be 30mm, but until its clarified, its not worth the risk to buy them I guess.

stefke 08-02-2008 02:03 PM

Can anyone direct me to an online shop that sells trakpower ?

dan_kitty 08-02-2008 04:09 PM

theres a few on ebay,

also microtech stock them

(the stick pack versions)

Micha_MX4 08-02-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Green (Post 91599)
Yeah, noticed the inconsistency with the dimensions.

The drawing for their 5400 inline lipo shows a height of 23mm. So I doubt the 4800 saddle would be 30mm, but until its clarified, its not worth the risk to buy them I guess.

I doubt the 30mm too, as the weight of 126g is unbelievable too.

20mm would be cool, would fit in my BX

I've sent them an email and asked about dimensions and weight... will post answer

mark christopher 08-02-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 91537)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 91543)
plus the BRCA have stipulated that cell construction is 2 in series.... so unless they have managed to squeaze in once MASSIVE cell either side....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 91547)
I think those rules are 2 in series, any number in parallel.

I think its another way of saying 7.4v nominal for the whole pack.

this is just my interpretation of the rule though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 91558)
taken from the EB rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Spider (Post 91569)
Don't get hung up the BRCA 'Rules'. There are no BRCA lipo rules. There is a set of BRCA lipo usage GUIDELINES and a set of rules adopted by the only BRCA class to sanction the use of lipo which was agreed at their AGM and the rules were specifically tailored to the class in question. (So all you other classes out there get your act together for the next round of AGMs and get voting :thumbsup:)

The number of cells in series only sets the max voltage limit. There is no specification for the number in parallel, only a capacity limit set at 5000mah , which once again only applies to the TC Pro stock class, no other classes.

The use of lipo at club level is entirely at the discretion of the club and for each club in question to set their own lipo rules, regulations and guidelines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 91572)
them rules is rules, and it leaves a grey area, but it does state TWO cells, and I know it is aimed at the Pro Stock class in on-road, but that would mean there would need to be an adaption of the rules put forward at the next AGM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 91579)
So when can i buy some ;)

size is 30mm (as my prototypes) tall the (spec section is correct) weight is per cell so double it for saddle packs 126g X 2 so 252 grams total, doing my best to get finished vesrion for worksop

RE the BRCA rules Hairy spider has given near the same reply i got from the EB when i mailed them, the spec's used ARE for TC class and they are/will be looked atto cater for other classes (such as off road) so get a good proposal put in for the agm, i did point out that the 2 cell's ruled out saddle packs, to which i was told, to read the whole lipo bit on the BRCA site and note this sentance The following guidelines and rules are not a definitive copy ‘Set in Stone’ and may be subject to amendments as the Racing Season progresses and more information is gathered

hope that clears some bits up for you
as to where you can buy them, they have anly just been officially released at the model show

MarkC

Micha_MX4 13-02-2008 07:43 PM

got an email from Trakpower today (asking about size and weight...)

Quote:

Hello Michael,

I have asked for this to be checked and the website updated.

Please check back for changes at www.trakpower.com

Thank you for taking the time to point this out.

With best regards,

Julian
"of course" they didn't correct their site.

BTW if the weight is 2x126g then the pack has a weight of 252g...

AND I don't like that they don't identify their pack as 2s2p or 2s1p
if the height is 30mm then I bet it's 2s2p

Micha

ashleyb4 13-02-2008 10:33 PM

Cool i think im going to get one of these but one question will it fit into a 2wd like could i get it in the battery tray of my cr? as i wouldnt really want to buy 2 lipo's one of r2wd and one wd just yet just want to try them see what there like.

A

l-u-k-e 14-02-2008 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefke (Post 92079)
Can anyone direct me to an online shop that sells trakpower ?

Hi

Rc-direct sell the 4800 and i know that they have on backorder 3200,5400 and 4800 saddle packs. They said to me that they will be in stock in 7-10 days.:thumbsup:

Luke

OldTimer 14-02-2008 07:09 PM

Trakpower website now changed to 30mm high :thumbsup:

mark christopher 14-02-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micha_MX4 (Post 94099)

Micha

did you read my post above this one of yours? i gave dimensions and also full up weight.

saddle is 2s3p so each bank has 3 cells in parallel to get 4800mah, and two packs makes the 2 serries to get 7.4 volts
as i said in my post the spec page was correct!

mark christopher 14-02-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micha_MX4 (Post 94099)

Micha

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 94161)
Cool i think im going to get one of these but one question will it fit into a 2wd like could i get it in the battery tray of my cr? as i wouldnt really want to buy 2 lipo's one of r2wd and one wd just yet just want to try them see what there like.

A

they are taller than a stick pack 4900 and sub c cells, you would have to modify the strap to fit the saddle in a 2wd other that the hieght they will fit ok