oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid EAST (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   2012 Season Preview....Part One! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95601)

stall4king 08-03-2012 10:38 PM

2012 Season Preview....Part One!

http://me-or.co.uk/index.php?option=...d=57&Itemid=93

:)

spenner 08-03-2012 10:41 PM

Is there suppost to be something on there ???

Blank page ?

stall4king 08-03-2012 10:46 PM

Doh...sorry, i had to rectify something and forgot to publish it again...

Try this..

http://me-or.co.uk/index.php?option=...d=57&Itemid=93

/tobys 08-03-2012 10:56 PM

Good job dude :thumbsup:

Rich D 08-03-2012 10:58 PM

Good job Ian. Good write up!

Nick 08-03-2012 11:06 PM

Good work Dude :thumbsup:

AndrewCaunt 09-03-2012 07:11 AM

With write ups like this you will soon be working for oople :thumbsup::thumbsup: good job Iain.Will be a good series.

JBL 09-03-2012 07:15 AM

A usefull write up and the tip for the tyres to use will help me out in my first year of racing in the region.

wes j. 09-03-2012 10:51 PM

Quality Ian. Really looking forward to your reports throughout the season :thumbsup:.

john333 09-03-2012 10:59 PM

yes, excellent stuff well done :-)

racingben 10-03-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBL (Post 630259)
A usefull write up and the tip for the tyres to use will help me out in my first year of racing in the region.

Me too.

Just out of interest are any of the venues open for midweek testing? I work a lot of weekends but would love to get the Durango set up before the first round!

paulc 10-03-2012 07:21 AM

Nice job this will be my first time racing in the Mid East series really looking forward to racing on some new tracks and meeting some new faces and hopefully some decent weather too roll on Broxtowe :)

dadtc3 10-03-2012 09:40 AM

Just out of interest are any of the venues open for midweek testing? I work a lot of weekends but would love to get the Durango set up before the first round!
Eastrax is open daily,just pay the owner £5 and practice all day

racingben 10-03-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadtc3 (Post 630696)
Eastrax is open daily,just pay the owner £5 and practice all day

Thanks for that. Not too far for me :-)

stall4king 10-03-2012 12:20 PM

Robin Hood also allow practice on their Astro track...think it's also 5 quid a day. James Helliwell ('smokin' on here) is the man to talk to if you are interested.

In the summer I know Broxtowe and West Bridgford put friday night club meetings on too...though with broxtowe being the first regional it will be difficult to get down, unless you are able to make the final Snowman Series round which is the week prior to the regiona that isl! I seem to remember Grantham putting on some midweek club meetings last year as well...on tuesday nights??....take your pick :thumbsup:

Frecklychimp 13-03-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stall4king (Post 630749)
Robin Hood also allow practice on their Astro track...think it's also 5 quid a day. James Helliwell ('smokin' on here) is the man to talk to if you are interested.

In the summer I know Broxtowe and West Bridgford put friday night club meetings on too...though with broxtowe being the first regional it will be difficult to get down, unless you are able to make the final Snowman Series round which is the week prior to the regiona that isl! I seem to remember Grantham putting on some midweek club meetings last year as well...on tuesday nights??....take your pick :thumbsup:

Yes matey,

A1 Racing Club (Grantham) will be open every Tuesday night for club meetings, keep an eye on our oOple section for outdoor dates too.

We currently run 'Beginners Nights' on Thursdays indoors where some practice can be had, although not the best time to be trying for flying laps and we prefer to give the beginners an open track and not scare them off with the speed of full blown racers lapping, will let you guys know if Thursdays are open to racers asap.

There may be a couple of Sunday meetings before our Regionals but its very tight already with National/Regional dates this year and all of the organisers will be attending SCT National series too.

or if you want unlimited practice... Annual membership (£30) includes 24/7/365 access to the outdoor venue for practice (unless meetings or track work/changeover days are on)

Mark

:thumbsup:

/tobys 14-03-2012 08:01 AM

RHR is usually £8 a day and is by prior arrangement only, direct with James (who's oople handle is now James). :thumbsup:

Robbiejuk 15-03-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 632175)
Yes matey,
or if you want unlimited practice... Annual membership (£30) includes 24/7/365 access to the outdoor venue for practice (unless meetings or track work/changeover days are on)
:thumbsup:

Does this mean I can turn up anytime and practice? Now that I am a member going take advantage of that :thumbsup: Do I need a secret password or handshake?:D

Frecklychimp 15-03-2012 02:05 PM

You can matey, go dry a racing line out for us :thumbsup:

As a member you should have gate codes, if you haven't let me know and i'll PM them to you

racingben 30-03-2012 02:15 PM

Ok getting ready to order tyres.

Preview suggests Schumacher yellows for dry and balistic buggy greens for wet. What about Schumacher greens? also with the BB's is that the spike, stud or pin?

If I rock up with Schumacher yellow, green and silver rears with a choice of stagger ribs / spikes at the front will I be ok?

Also how many sets of tyres in a day? I'd figured on 2 sets but if I want to be competitive will I need more than that?

cheers

Ben