oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Cougar KF2 Launched (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162831)

Yachty 28-01-2015 11:04 AM

Cougar KF2 Launched

So toy fair time and the reason all the KF are for sale is because ....... this just got published on the Schumacher Website

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Sh...ougar_KF2.html

mrspeedy 28-01-2015 11:13 AM

Thats looks like it was worth the wait !!!

Where can I buy one :woot:

johnboy 28-01-2015 11:14 AM

My kit already on order looks good

Danosborne6661 28-01-2015 11:34 AM

Looks amazing, worth every second of the wait. Great work Schumacher as always :thumbsup:

adey 28-01-2015 12:06 PM

Looking at this I would assume that I would need the new chassis, clutch and motor mount to convert my kf too this spec. Anyone know if that is correct?. Oh and the body if needed.

johnboy 28-01-2015 12:33 PM

Low grip / core rc springs included nice work schumacher. 300 quid sounds pricey but reading the specs looks like a good buy.

Dudders 28-01-2015 12:46 PM

What's new?

madmulc 28-01-2015 01:17 PM

The only major differance is the clutch, Looking at it if I still had my old KF with low grip I would not change it. Im still not moving away from my SV2.

However the KF2 does look very nice lol

Gunter 28-01-2015 02:16 PM

Not masses changed but did it need to? It's been refined (rear arm hangers) but the majority is making the kit have the option parts most ran like the alloy chassis and low grip motor position. (with the option of having it forward in the kit)

Option parts from the old car fit like the upper trans housings and the steering hubs and bellcrank so whats not to like :)

neallewis 28-01-2015 02:34 PM

Looks great actually, much improved, but lots of essential low grip options left out, eg, ball diff, allow upper gearbox tops/shock mount, etc. I guess the choice is there to add those in if you need, along with all the other blingy bits schumacher offer.
Also its back to saddles, so you still need a shorty lipo conversion.

The old body should fit, barring the modification/fudge that you needed to do with hot spoons to clear the spur with a low grip chassis.

The rear end wishbone hangers are a good choice, far better now than the old method:
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Sh...strap_1000.jpg

I'm sure it will do really well, and upgraders may find the cost of the new bits so close to a new kit that they may as well get the new kit.

Chris Ashton 28-01-2015 02:37 PM

There's actually quite a lot of significant changes! Quite a lot of small ones too, but all together making a much better package.

NEW - Rear pivot straps that includes Anti-Squat and Inboard Toe-In options, two toe-in options in the kit with roll centre adjustment.
NEW - Dual motor position in the kit, by changing to the included low grip top deck and belt, forward and rearward motor position can be achieved, giving 21mm shift. (Shorty LiPo required for low grip rearward option.)
NEW - Super consistent, industry leading QUAD pad, vented slipper with easy access and NEW Ultra Fine adjustment spring.
NEW - 2.5mm Black Hard Anodised Alloy chassis.
NEW - Alloy Chassis Stiffeners, no front top deck for easier radio access/installation.
NEW - Simplified Motor Mount with increased cooling.
NEW - Fully optimised suspension geometry - Fast, consistent handling.
NEW - Pro Ball studs for 2mm hex.
NEW - Updated steering assembly for less play and easier use.
NEW - Optional fan mount for improved cooling under high load conditions.
NEW - Lightweight, narrower side gears for increased efficiency.
NEW - AirFlo Cab body shell for improved looks and handling.
NEW - Updated Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts, CNC machined 3 hole, 1.6mm rear and 1.5mm front pistons with recessed ‘e’clips, threaded collars, with twin O ring sealing and diaphragm volume compensation.
NEW - Shock Seal Pack Housing with added 'O' ring sealing.
NEW - CORE RC Springs, in the box!
NEW - Layshaft side mount with increased stability and rigidity for the spur, with improved tollerance.
NEW - Quick Release Layshaft.

Kyosho 28-01-2015 03:06 PM

It will still need hop ups as previously stated, glad I didn't sell my old KF.

As for new geometry shock set-up that looks the same from the KF1.

How different is the quad slipper supposed to work etc?

I'm annoyed with Schumacher as I only rang a day ago to purchase bits for KF1 and they stated they didn't know anything!

racingdwarf 28-01-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyosho (Post 897322)
It will still need hop ups as previously stated, glad I didn't sell my old KF.

As for new geometry shock set-up that looks the same from the KF1.

How different is the quad slipper supposed to work etc?

I'm annoyed with Schumacher as I only rang a day ago to purchase bits for KF1 and they stated they didn't know anything!

Yep, standard schumacher that,It's the one big thing I hate about the company, I bought a cat years ago when they came back into off road, two weeks later guess what , new one released, totally different, better and my sx think it was. And my new car was worth sod all:mad:.

Kyosho 28-01-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingdwarf (Post 897325)
Yep, standard schumacher that,It's the one big thing I hate about the company, I bought a cat years ago when they came back into off road, two weeks later guess what , new one released, totally different, better and my sx think it was. And my new car was worth sod all:mad:.

Its not very good customer service at all and I almost jumped to YOKO for it!

mark christopher 28-01-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 897317)
Looks great actually, much improved, but lots of essential low grip options left out, eg, ball diff, allow upper gearbox tops/shock mount, etc. I guess the choice is there to add those in if you need, along with all the other blingy bits schumacher offer.
Also its back to saddles, so you still need a shorty lipo conversion.

The old body should fit, barring the modification/fudge that you needed to do with hot spoons to clear the spur with a low grip chassis.

The rear end wishbone hangers are a good choice, far better now than the old method:
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Sh...strap_1000.jpg

I'm sure it will do really well, and upgraders may find the cost of the new bits so close to a new kit that they may as well get the new kit.

Not true neil no lipo conversion needed
NEW - Dual motor position in the kit, by changing to the included low grip top deck and belt, forward and rearward motor position can be achieved, giving 21mm shift. (Shorty LiPo required for low grip rearward option.)

johnboy 28-01-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 897331)

It mentions about the top deck and belt but does that inc the battery straps and the belt layshaft?

Danosborne6661 28-01-2015 03:45 PM

Ordered :D

Chesty 28-01-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adey (Post 897293)
Looking at this I would assume that I would need the new chassis, clutch and motor mount to convert my kf too this spec. Anyone know if that is correct?. Oh and the body if needed.

Looking at the exploded diagrams of the old and new cars I don't think upgrading KF to KF2 would be cost effective, even just for the 'essential' bits. The bulkheads and layshaft assembly is completely different (therefore loads of new parts required) and a whole new rear end...

The rear alloy gearbox top has a different part number as well. At least you can keep your ball diff and alloy yokes from the old KF:thumbsup:

Npdp72 28-01-2015 04:16 PM

I think the V2 alloy gearbox uppers should fit the KF2.

The KF exploded drawing refers to the V1 uppers, whereas the KF2 exploded drawing refers to the V2 uppers. The plastic uppers have the same part number for both KF and KF2.

neallewis 28-01-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 897331)

Erm, manual states that you do need the following bits to run the shorty lipo option in the car:
http://courgette.jml.net/~neal/RC/kf2shortylipo.png

Ok it not the original KF shorty lipo conversion chassis kit, but quite a few bits of it that you do need to buy extra to make it run shorties. In my mind this is still an optional extra to run a shorty pack.

:thumbsup: