oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Surrey & Hants RCCC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   New Club / Track: How big? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65905)

Dudders 19-03-2011 05:15 PM

New Club / Track: How big?

1 Attachment(s)
Guys,

Need your input please. Got a meeting on Monday about agreeing terms etc on a site I've found.

Track Size:

I've been down to measure and the size I'd like is a quadrant, not equal. Size is 11m x 25m & 26m x 18m: See picture. What I need to know is this 3m BRCA rule. Does the WHOLE track need to be 3m in width of just certain sections? If sections how much as a %? total?. I think this foot print is big enough to get a good track going on, might not be the biggest but not the smallest either. So 3m on all the track or just part?

Rostrom:

Will be doing this from scratch, I have gauged 1m depth (standing area) and 7m long (for 10 drivers).... is this adaquate?. I am unsure of heights, based on the above track length.

Grass/Astro:

Being old school I'd love this track to be a bot of multi surfice with plenty of mud/grass. Are there any high profile clubs running on grass at present?. Do they use the same layout each meeting or do they change it week to week? Also, is the track regulary rollered to keep flat?

Any help appreciated.

Neil

blue_pinky 19-03-2011 07:12 PM

Been looking at this a bit myself lately, and after a little bit of google maps measuring most of the national tracks use an area of about 35 x 25m...except for rhr which is a massive 45 x 35m in total.

In terms grass tracks...the cobra club in Cardiff have a permanent grass track that they use weekly or fortnightly throughout the summer. Last year it cut up quite badly and their regional race had to be moved to a fresh patch of the park they use.

I'm a fan of grass but not sure of it's long term durability without some real ground keeping skills if your going to use it based on that experience...but have no knowledge of other grass track clubs to comment further.

Astro does give better all weather driving, and better durability so I guess there's a reason that the nationals have only 1 grass track at oswestry in the calendar, and that's always built on a new unused area of grass from what I gather.

Good luck with your track :thumbsup:

The Chef 19-03-2011 09:51 PM

Looks good:thumbsup: What is the location roughly?

ianhaye 20-03-2011 04:58 PM

in the summer we run on grass normally the grass is cut very regular to keep it nice a short, also the track is change aprox every3-4 weeks to save killing the grass in the same spot every time

Dudders 20-03-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 477311)
Looks good:thumbsup: What is the location roughly?

Near A31/A331 :)

Dudders 20-03-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianhaye (Post 477530)
in the summer we run on grass normally the grass is cut very regular to keep it nice a short, also the track is change aprox every3-4 weeks to save killing the grass in the same spot every time

Yes Ian, seen your track on Google earth. Hope to pop down this summer during our annual pilgrim West :thumbsup: Looks a nice fast flowing track. I'm thinking I'd like grass but then there is a maintenance issue and I'm a lazy feck!!!! ;)

The Chef 21-03-2011 09:07 PM

Is this going to be indoor or outdoor? What will happen in the winter? I really hope this goes well as I'd love a Club/Track a little closer!:thumbsup:

Dudders 21-03-2011 09:18 PM

Beauty of this venue is the INSIDE is big enough for midweek winter racing :thumbsup:

Main track outsdie :D

The Chef 21-03-2011 09:19 PM

Sounds perfect! When is this likely to happen?:confused: