oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   oOple Talk (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New user unable to browse Forsale sections (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184393)

oldschooldriver 24-10-2016 10:12 PM

New user unable to browse Forsale sections

A good friend who I race with is having difficulty trying to see any of the Forsale forums on Oople. Is there anything he should be doing or is there a problem.? He can login to the site fine, just not to those areas.... He also can't post to any section.

Personally, I think his wife might have blocked him from buying anything!

Can anyone help?

orinoco 25-10-2016 11:42 AM

He needs to register on oOple and login Duncan, I dont think guests can just look.

oldschooldriver 25-10-2016 05:15 PM

Hi Colin, thanks for the reply. he's done that. It's for Stuart. He can login fine but he can't browse those for sale forums or post anywhere... He's tried it from different devices and different browsers. He's also tried doing it with 2 new logins and email addresses. Weird!

Col 26-10-2016 07:35 PM

What's his username?

oldschooldriver 26-10-2016 09:35 PM

There are actually 2 guys from our club trying to register or access the for sale section... One user is wooders28 and the other is Journeyman Racer

It seems there is an issue!

Col 27-10-2016 07:45 PM

Both have failed to respond to the confirmation email sent. Have them check spam folders, etc.
There have been some issues with this email in the past, but they were resolved. Let me know if/when they find them!

oldschooldriver 27-10-2016 11:32 PM

Both have checked their Spam folders and none in either. Also I know one user tried applying from a different email address and still the same no confirmation email.

How many other people have successfully joined recently?

oldschooldriver 29-10-2016 07:00 PM

There is something very wrong with the user application process!

I can send 'Journeyman Racer' a message, so I know his account is there!!
He cant reply to my message, although he has just reported me with this message :-

NOTE - OLD SCHOOL DRIVER HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG.
He has been trying to help me solve my registration problem. I am not fully registered as I have never got a confirmation email. I have checked all inboxes. Nothing came through. I can however get an email if I change my password.
Sorry for using this method to solve this but I have no other way of contacting you.
I have tried 'contact us' but have never heard back.

Col 02-11-2016 01:06 PM

Problem should now be fixed :thumbsup:

Journeyman Racer 02-11-2016 05:13 PM

Thanks a lot Col!
I can now post, which was previously unable to do.

oldschooldriver 21-11-2016 10:00 PM

Same problem!

Username: mikelittle a friend from up here is also having the same issue. He is using hotmail for his email. He has checked his junk email.

Col could you have a look please?

Col 22-11-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschooldriver (Post 961590)
Col could you have a look please?

Nope

Col 22-11-2016 04:16 PM

kidding...!

Hotmail is the problem with this one.
He should now be fine :thumbsup:

The Colonel 22-11-2016 07:30 PM

I was the same, I could not see the for sale section but I can now, I think it could be when I made five posts? Other forums I am on have a similar setup?

oldschooldriver 23-11-2016 10:49 AM

Hotmail

It does seem Hotmail/Outlook.com always seem to have this issue :(