oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   East of England (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2009 Regional Championships (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18798)

jcb 01-02-2009 04:34 PM

2009 Regional Championships

1 Attachment(s)
2 Wheel Drive East of England Regional Championships – Dates and Venues

April 26th - Round 1 - Mid Essex Radio Car Club - www.mercc.co.uk
August 16th - Round 2 - Coastal Model Car Racing Club - www.cmcrc.co.uk

4 Wheel Drive East of England Regional Championships – Dates and Venues

June 7th - Round 1 - Coastal Model Car Racing Club - www.cmcrc.co.uk
July 5th - Round 2 - Mid Essex Radio Car Club -
www.mercc.co.uk

I would be grateful if drivers were to book in this year either by using the attached entry form or emailing me direct.

Thank you

Trevor

Huw333 09-02-2009 03:53 PM

I'm hoping to goto all of the above, except the one on 7th June as its my birthday (and my girlfriends'!) on the 8th so i guess we will be busy that day.

What sort of surface is the costal off road track? Anyone race there?

jcb 09-02-2009 09:32 PM

Both Coastal and MERCC are grass tracks. Coastals track is at the bottom of the ski slope, but it is still on a large slope which makes getting a setup interesting as last year we ended up with lots of off camber corners and it was all rather quick with a long down hill straight.

The venue is good as there is indoor pitting and mains power to, and the crew from coastal always do some great commentry on the qualifying and racing.

Hope that helps, but any further questions fire away.

Huw333 10-02-2009 08:42 AM

Thanks ;) I'm familiar with the MERCC track is its my home turf :D never really raced anywhere else though so it should be interesting! I'll have to play around with my setup. Sounds like a great venue anyway!

jcb 10-02-2009 06:28 PM

I would think your setup from MERCC would be an ideal starting point for Coastal. As they are both grass tracks, just a bit of minor tweeking to suite your driving on the day. If you want a hand with setups there is bound to be someone there that will give you some pointers. Or just ask away on here, most cars are used by someone in the region.

Huw333 11-02-2009 12:16 AM

Excellent! All i need now is to figure out a setup for MERCC, since i haven't raced there for 7 years! :lol:

jcb 11-02-2009 01:11 PM

If you have a B4 I can help you out, if it's a Losi I would look in the Losi section on here at Danny Mcgees, I know someone that has used it on their Losi and said it's really good.

Huw333 11-02-2009 06:07 PM

Yep its a Losi XXX-CR. Havent raced it yet so hoping to get in some practice. I used to race a Losi XX at braxted. I'll have a look around for some setups anyway, thanks for the advice ;)

Dufty07 08-03-2009 12:41 AM

Going 2 be a good year I hope...................C U TRACKSIDE!!! :D:drool::D

ScreamingHyena 29-03-2009 06:58 PM

:woot:should be seeing me there as well. I have the form. Im really up for it!

jcb 13-04-2009 11:46 AM

Just a reminder that the first East of England regional is less than two weeks away now.

Dad is starting to compile the heat listing so if anyone wishes to race please can they contact him (details can be found on the entry form or BRCA website) or pm me your:

Name,
BRCA number,
X'tals,
Grade,
2wd regional or an open class

The open class is for anyone who wishes to race a 4wd or is scoring points in a different regional series.

jcb 21-04-2009 12:19 PM

With the first round only 5 days away this is just a reminder for drivers to get their entries in as quickly as possible.
This will enable the heat lists to be prepared early and should help us in getting started on time.
So far the top 3 drivers from last years series are all booked in plus 3 others.
Please ensure that you have your BRCA membership cards with you at your first meeting this year.
Given that the Region had over 30 drivers taking part in 2WD last year I would have expected more to have booked in by now.
Where are you all??

Trevor

mw02veg 21-04-2009 01:26 PM

ill be coming down and i know andy carter was showing an interest and weather depending the current national 2wd champion could be making a star appearance :woot:. lets pray for the weather :thumbsup:

also just a quick note could someone plz have a lil word with the braxsted crew about getting that grass nice n short :thumbsup:

see u sunday boyz n girlz

JohnM 22-04-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb (Post 232381)
Given that the Region had over 30 drivers taking part in 2WD last year I would have expected more to have booked in by now.
Where are you all??

Trevor

Racing at the LBC Manningtree Car Show meet instead;)

Always one of the best meets of the year, great track, plus you get to show off in front of people:thumbsup:

paul01ews 22-04-2009 10:26 PM

Same here sorry, i did say to try and tie the two meetings up together as half of last years entrants will be at the car show as John M said..:cry::cry:

Dufty07 24-04-2009 02:50 AM

SOS

can anyone bring me a set of front yellows to regional on sunday as microtech and dc racing are out of stock(or were when I tried to order). ta.........:(

mw02veg 24-04-2009 04:39 PM

i will have some front yellow's with me.

Dufty07 25-04-2009 01:10 AM

tyres

YES!!! Life saver, I will c u trackside!! as 4 the rest of u...
C U TRACKSIDE! !!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

jcb 25-04-2009 02:39 PM

IMPORTANT

To all those attending the 2wd Regional at Braxted Sunday 26 April.

Due to road closure in Henry Dixon Road (presumably for bridge repairs), access to Braxted Track will only be via Kelvedon Road (alternative name is Braxted Road) from Kelvedon of from the B1022 from Tiptree/Maldon.

If is possible to get to Braxted Park Road (where Broadfield Fruit Farm, our track site is situated) from Chelmsford / Witham via the country lanes, but I would strongly advise against this unless people (a) know the area or (b) have an updated SatNav!

The section of road that is closed is from a point just South of the A12 in Henry Dixon Road to just before the junction with Bratxed Road / Kelvedon Road (where the red brick wall starts).

The postcode for our site is CO5 0QB. The contact number for the day is 07913 350189.

http://www.mercc.co.uk/

jcb 27-04-2009 06:29 PM

Congratulations to David Orbell for winning the First East of England 2wd Regional at MERCC on Sunday. I thought that despite the low turn out of entries it was a really good days racing and everyone I spoke to seemed to enjoy being back on the regional scene after the winter break. The weather helped loads as it was a nice warm day and MERCC has done a superb job with laying out a technical but flowing track.

I personally thought that the 3 rounds of qualifying and 3 leg finals for everyone put a bit more pressure on doing a decent qualifying run each time out, while the three leg finals gave drivers the chance to be a bit ambitious in a leg knowing that they had another chance.

All in all a good days racing and hope to see some more faces at the first 4wd regional at Coastals track in Ipswich.