oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   I Made This ! (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I made a gearbox-reversed CR. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18878)

nyheli 03-02-2009 03:46 AM

I made a gearbox-reversed CR.

2 Attachment(s)
not difficut to do this alterration,and is testing for few days.the widthways frame was cutout so i installed an alu bar for keeping chasis' strength,and it will be removed till cnc-work frame is done!

ashleyb4 03-02-2009 09:04 AM

Awsome i have a spare chassis etc i wouldnt mind giving somethign similar a go. Would like to see how it performs compared to the cr.

A

jeff jenkins 04-02-2009 05:35 PM

i have a question.. since you reversed the gearbox do you now have to reverse the wires on the motor to get it to move forward?:confused: it is cool tho.. what does the body look like when it is mounted.

Tom3012 05-02-2009 01:53 AM

yes you do have to reverse the motor, unless you mod the gearbox. I did a similar mod to a B4, worked really well! You can't run a sensored brushless though as far as I'm aware.

jono83 05-02-2009 03:38 PM

you can mod the gearbox so the layshaft comes out the other side so you dont need to reverse the way the motor spins

jeff jenkins 05-02-2009 06:00 PM

i wish there were some pics somewhere on the mod for the gearbox.. as i saw this thread yesterday and took my chassis to work and milled it and made my own conversion last night.. i need to machine up one last piece and that is the new chassis brace.. oh yeah and a battery strap. after i saw this thread i looked up others and thought wow this could be fun.:thumbsup::woot:

voo2doo 05-02-2009 06:29 PM

Nice, but whats the point?:bored:

nyheli 06-02-2009 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my friend not only made a gearbox-reversed but a spurgear reversed as pic attached!!it's cool!!

ottoswe 09-02-2009 12:11 AM

how cool is that.. i was doing the samething and saw your thread for the first time..

have you tried it? i´m a bit concernd on how the make the rear plate hold for the amount of force the suspension wiill put on it.

nyheli 09-02-2009 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoswe (Post 206593)
how cool is that.. i was doing the samething and saw your thread for the first time..

have you tried it? i´m a bit concernd on how the make the rear plate hold for the amount of force the suspension wiill put on it.

it's still a 2WD buggy cause' smooth thro control is the main point.Paht720C for front tyres and "bow M3" tyres for rears,i hope everything for this tuning could be more funny!! :lol:

ottoswe 10-02-2009 07:41 AM

im gonna go with a rear topdeck.. will post pictures when its ready.. and buy a new xxx´cr :)

jeff jenkins 10-02-2009 06:49 PM

i am making a top deck that also serves as a battery strap and hopefully i will make it tonight at work.. i already made a tranny brace but that wasnt enough after driving the car it really drove alot better with te chassis as stiff as possibly. after i put some temperary turnbuckle braces along with the brace i made the car came to life and was alot better handling then the origional layout of the xxx. i spent all day sat at the track testing this car on high bite indoor clay . and got a really good set-u on it.

ottoswe 11-02-2009 06:14 AM

jeff, could you post a pic when you are done? i want to know if the way i´m designing it, is the way to go.

jeff jenkins 11-02-2009 05:11 PM

sure i can post a pic but i will do it in my own thread.. but i wasnt able to get the parts made last night at work because i was too busy.. but hopefully i can get them done before the weekend.

jeff jenkins 13-02-2009 01:02 AM

nyheli: got any updates and pics?