oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Yokomo (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wheels (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54255)

Swalls 23-09-2010 06:36 PM

Wheels

Right as I am a complete beginner in this type of RC I'm unsure of the wheels that will fit the B-max I have winging its way to me because I understand some cars/manufacturers use pins and not hexes.

Maybe an easier way of asking would be, what wheels do not fit the B-max, both front and rear?

Cheers in advance guys.

cragstar 23-09-2010 07:58 PM

dose your car have hexs fronts and pins rear if so team associated ,
j concept wheels fit hope this helps

Swalls 23-09-2010 08:30 PM

I'm not sure of what the wheel fitments are because I don't have the car yet. I know I will need to get new tyres and just wanted to make sure I don't buy wheels which won't fit the car.

cragstar 23-09-2010 08:33 PM

if it is the champs car it will have hex front and pin rear
if not it will have pin fitment all round :thumbsup:

Swalls 23-09-2010 08:46 PM

Hey, its a factory team kit, so does that mean pins all road? I'm sure I've seen hexes for it online though.......

chokoboy 23-09-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swalls (Post 416762)
Hey, its a factory team kit, so does that mean pins all road? I'm sure I've seen hexes for it online though.......

hex front and pins back on the champ/factory kit

So u could use losi, AE, Jconcepts rims etc

Swalls 23-09-2010 08:59 PM

Cheers for that choko.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chokoboy (Post 416767)
hex front and pins back on the champ/factory kit

So u could use losi, AE, Jconcepts rims etc

And thanks cragstar as well.

So I take it this means that the pre-built schuy sets are a no no?

Swalls 24-09-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swalls (Post 416775)

So I take it this means that the pre-built schuy sets are a no no?

Could someone please set me right on this? Cheers guys.

johan neyens 24-09-2010 12:01 PM

I bought the factory team car and it came with pins all around, no front hex. The champions edition is the one with front hex.

Swalls 24-09-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan neyens (Post 416953)
I bought the factory team car and it came with pins all around, no front hex. The champions edition is the one with front hex.

:eh?: Hhhmmm, I think I'll just wait until I get the car!:lol:

CODMAN 24-09-2010 11:25 PM

This is correct. The FT comes with Pins all around. You can buy a Hex adaptor kit for 6$ US to fit US style front wheels, but the kit doesn't come with it. Do tock kit = pins front wheels. Or buy the Hex adaptor for AE and Losi, JConcepts wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan neyens (Post 416953)

Swalls 24-09-2010 11:46 PM

Cheers CODMAN.

I decided to use my eyes (dur I know :blush:) and looking at the pics (they are a little small) of the one I have bought I think the guy has put the hex conversion on the front.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-max-4-ft.html

I wonder if anyone has better eyes than me, there are pics of the car in that link. But thinking it looks like hexes up front.

Really looking forward to getting this beast regardless, something tells me I'm going to like this offroad game! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODMAN (Post 417126)
This is correct. The FT comes with Pins all around. You can buy a Hex adaptor kit for 6$ US to fit US style front wheels, but the kit doesn't come with it. Do tock kit = pins front wheels. Or buy the Hex adaptor for AE and Losi, JConcepts wheels.

CODMAN 25-09-2010 03:24 AM

Swalls, I race with Dave at my local club. His car is in great shape; you got quite a deal! :thumbsup: Yes, those are definetly the Hex adapters on the front. So buy AE/Losi/ JConcept front wheels. I used JConcepts Rulux as they are great quality.

Have fun qith the car! It's awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swalls (Post 417128)
Cheers CODMAN.

I decided to use my eyes (dur I know :blush:) and looking at the pics (they are a little small) of the one I have bought I think the guy has put the hex conversion on the front.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-max-4-ft.html

I wonder if anyone has better eyes than me, there are pics of the car in that link. But thinking it looks like hexes up front.

Really looking forward to getting this beast regardless, something tells me I'm going to like this offroad game! :thumbsup:

Swalls 25-09-2010 11:59 AM

That's nice to get another racers seal of approval on the car, I'm twitching at home waiting for it to arrive, really can't wait.:drool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODMAN (Post 417134)
Swalls, I race with Dave at my local club. His car is in great shape; you got quite a deal! :thumbsup: Yes, those are definetly the Hex adapters on the front. So buy AE/Losi/ JConcept front wheels. I used JConcepts Rulux as they are great quality.

Have fun qith the car! It's awesome!

superstu55 29-09-2010 10:42 AM

Hi, can anybody tell me if the rulux wheels can stand upto being left in acetone overnight? Thanks...

09 lex 250 29-09-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstu55 (Post 418451)
Hi, can anybody tell me if the rulux wheels can stand upto being left in acetone overnight? Thanks...

yes they all can