oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BRCA rules - reverse & bodyshell painting (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199993)

Yorkiebar 11-10-2018 01:58 PM

BRCA rules - reverse & bodyshell painting

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a definitive answer on this old coconut - the use of reverse when racing.

I've read through the entire rule set for 1/10th offroad and I can find no mention of reverse being banned for racing use, so did this just come about as a local level gentlemen's agreement? Or was it a ruling in the past?

The other rule I'd like to find some confirmation on is painting of a shell. I had an idea for a design which meant the windows were painted over, but was told that it was a ruling the windows had to be clear? Again, I can't find anything on this, and some out of the box designs like a Tamiya Dark Impact have opaque window coverings from memory.

Anyone in the know able to clarify please? :)

K-Brewer 11-10-2018 02:13 PM

Im almost sure its now allowed to use reverse

racingdwarf 11-10-2018 02:47 PM

Yes, I had a good look through the book some time ago, I remember it being band for good reason, but now I find no ruling. I personally think it should be band at regional level, as had quite a few cases of drivers reversing from getting caught on track markers, then reversing out into the line of other racers!

I think the rule disappeared years ago when nobody had reverse on the ESC. But now with brushless...it Back!

fidspeed 12-10-2018 06:14 AM

I queried reverse when reffering a regional meeting (offroad) and it is legal to use it
There is nothing currently in brca rule book (unless we missed it)

Etiquette would suggest you don't use it that's what Marshals are for but drivers are drivers :D:D

Dave Dodd 12-10-2018 08:06 AM

Personally I think it should be banned, purely for safety reasons.. Both for other drivers and marshals...
1. Stops them reversing into other drivers
2. Marshals risk getting hit by reversing car or standing on it, as it reverses under their foot..
3. Stops marshals looking like idiots, when they finally get to spot only for the car to have reversed and drove off. :lol:

knighthawk 12-10-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Dodd (Post 993293)
Personally I think it should be banned, purely for safety reasons.. Both for other drivers and marshals...
1. Stops them reversing into other drivers
2. Marshals risk getting hit by reversing car or standing on it, as it reverses under their foot..
3. Stops marshals looking like idiots, when they finally get to spot only to the car has reversed and drove off. :lol:

Can't agree more.

We have been trying to educate our younger driver not to use their reverse because of these reason's
By the time the marshal has safety got to the car, its reversed into another car and now there's two or more cars to marshal

Spanky855 12-10-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkiebar (Post 993261)
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a definitive answer on this old coconut - the use of reverse when racing.

I've read through the entire rule set for 1/10th offroad and I can find no mention of reverse being banned for racing use, so did this just come about as a local level gentlemen's agreement? Or was it a ruling in the past?

The other rule I'd like to find some confirmation on is painting of a shell. I had an idea for a design which meant the windows were painted over, but was told that it was a ruling the windows had to be clear? Again, I can't find anything on this, and some out of the box designs like a Tamiya Dark Impact have opaque window coverings from memory.

Anyone in the know able to clarify please? :)

Back to it after 30 years as you know Yorkie and when starting to pull the kit together for my roller my local shop is PBM Racing, great set of guys there and i was told NO REVERSE, also, not yet in a position to set my ESC XERUN V3 up but it has and option for forward only which then i think means the back function acts only like a brake? As I said it not even working so this is just from reading the instructions :)

fidspeed 12-10-2018 04:15 PM

I'm fairly sure your esc will have reverse function if enabled
But as others have advised and you appear to well informed learn to race again without it
Welcome back from someone who started in the early 90s Anand still drive like it
Regards Dave

Spanky855 13-10-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidspeed (Post 993322)
I'm fairly sure your esc will have reverse function if enabled
But as others have advised and you appear to well informed learn to race again without it
Welcome back from someone who started in the early 90s Anand still drive like it
Regards Dave

Yes sorry you are right, it does have a reverse, my thinking was that when the revere mode is disabled it then acts as a brake :confused:
There seems to be a lot of us around, starting back up wandering round racing shops and events heads spinning at how things have changed. The initial layout was and always will be quite expensive due to the kit required but its seems like the the motors, batteries and chargers, radio gear are very reasonable for good quality components in comparison to 30 years ago.:thumbsup:

James 13-10-2018 09:09 AM

Reverse is legal for BRCA
Reverse is legal for EFRA
Reverse is illegal for IFMAR

Spanky855 13-10-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 993342)
Reverse is legal for BRCA
Reverse is legal for EFRA
Reverse is illegal for IFMAR

Thanks James

Lee

mark christopher 15-10-2018 08:39 PM

It comes up nearly every year, many say it should be banned, but it won't be banned for next year either unless some on has submitted a proposal for this year's AGM, just saying will never get it sorted, proposal and AGM will....

Spanky855 18-10-2018 06:49 PM

It should be, it makes total sense, I'm new back into the game but even marshalling last night you don't know who is running reverse and who is not, you can run like a greyhound to het to a car who then slams reverse or wait a little longer for a car to realise its no running reverse.
On the assumption i can figure out the ESC, my K2 will not run a reveres when racing.

fidspeed 18-10-2018 07:03 PM

Always people to help with programming esc Lee

Regards Dave

Spanky855 19-10-2018 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidspeed (Post 993566)
Always people to help with programming esc Lee

Regards Dave

Thank Dave

My problem is I want to understand everything right away and there just so much to lear, slowly getting there and just visiting meetings and talking to as many people as I can.