oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ribble Valley R/C Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   hanging up my sticks (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131920)

tisher 29-06-2013 06:55 AM

hanging up my sticks

I took my other son racing last night and realised one thing its impossible for me to look after two other racers as well as set up and race myself:(

I only managed to run one race did manage to put it 3rd on the grid tho even with not racing in what seems to be ages. I did not even get to race my final due to a knacked spur gear:thumbdown:

On the plus side the lads really enjoyed it and at the end of the day that was the reason I got back racing so we could have a bit of father and son time so from now on your more likely to see me as pit man Mart:woot::lol:

It was a good turn out last night tho and the new layout is very quick not very forgiving tho as quite a few of us found out :lol:

Lee1972 29-06-2013 07:57 AM

Sad to hear Martin, I know Callum will be disappointed as he enjoys his battles with you. The same fate will probably apply to me within the next few years as I have a couple of potential racers in the pipeline. It is hard as with me and Callum you sometimes end up having to repair two cars in a short space of time; on the plus side at least your lads will now benefit from your racing knowledge and set up skills

MattK 29-06-2013 10:01 AM

That a shame but understandable. Other option is run a car that doesn't break e.g. Mardave or bmax2mr then u just throw it on the track every week and don't worry about it. :thumbsup:
The're were alot of breakages last night, mainly on 4wd cars but I think it's more the speed the barriers are being hit than track design.
On a plus side I did discover the yokomo does fly well at as I hit the 5ft mark launching off the kink after the tabletop!!!
Back on topic if ur not getting to enjoy watching ur sons race that's a big loss.
:)

Lee1972 29-06-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattK (Post 785949)
That a shame but understandable. Other option is run a car that doesn't break e.g. Mardave or bmax2mr then u just throw it on the track every week and don't worry about it. :thumbsup:
The're were alot of breakages last night, mainly on 4wd cars but I think it's more the speed the barriers are being hit than track design.
On a plus side I did discover the yokomo does fly well at as I hit the 5ft mark launching off the kink after the tabletop!!!
Back on topic if ur not getting to enjoy watching ur sons race that's a big loss.
:)

Matt,
I don't mind not watching Callum racing as it reminds me how bad I am :D

tisher 29-06-2013 08:01 PM

that to be honest has been the problem for a while I dont get enough time to set Vaughns car up right for him and now Kai is going to race I think I will get more enjoyment on a friday night just being pit man and it will allow me to enjoy the banter a bit more:thumbsup:

MattK 29-06-2013 09:54 PM

You can talk to Lee why he is putting his X-5 back together after hitting the barrier at the end of the straight :p:p:p

ericd2477 30-06-2013 05:00 PM

:(Been there got the T shirt , but if you train up the lads as they get older to pit for themselves you will be back.

tisher 30-06-2013 06:05 PM

hopefully Eric :D

Scuderia Ocker 02-07-2013 05:20 PM

such a shame:(:(:(, in my opinion the best all round 2wd driver at the club:)

would you be able to race on the odd occasion?

callum

tisher 03-07-2013 03:42 PM

possibly Callum but I need to get my youngest started properly and start setting Vaughns car as it should be so he can start getting a bit more competitive he was doing really well on friday I think he was running 4th in the B final until he wiped out yet another wishbone:lol:

Scuderia Ocker 04-07-2013 05:37 PM

cant wait to see you guys tomorrow,:) Vaughn seems to be coming on leaps and bounds at the moment. such a shame team xfactory has gone down to one member (as my dads a liability)

:p:p:p

also bringing the rad 2 down which should be running in next few weeks.

callum