oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Silverstone (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Oople invitational 2015 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167523)

Mark Foster 15-05-2015 08:36 AM

Oople invitational 2015

Andy and myself have been lucky enough to get places in the Oople invitational at Robin hood raceway in August. Is anyone else from Silverstone club going to be there?

Does anyone know of the suitability and permissions for caravans at the event?

noddy 15-05-2015 11:24 AM

how do you get invited? i would b interested in going

chuckie stella 15-05-2015 11:29 AM

Just contact James Helliwell either on here or Facebook. I know caravans are accepted, however may be limited. They're very helpful team and you'll love it!

Noddy, I'm not sure about invite. You have to apply and I think you get selected. I'm not sure though.

noddy 15-05-2015 11:55 AM

okay cool, maybe a bit ambitious at the moment with just starting again.

will be interested in the winter series when it comes round albeit a long time away.:thumbsup:

Mark Foster 15-05-2015 02:29 PM

All we did was fill out the form for which there is a link on the oople home page and emailed it off. They will then tell you if you have a place via a reply email.

noddy 15-05-2015 04:21 PM

CHEERS i found it and after some thinking thought why not lets give it a go lol

Entry submitted see what happens next!

if its accepted, what chassis type is best for this circuit? i have rear motor, mid motor and front motor to choose from?? all 2wd

James 15-05-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Foster (Post 912097)
Andy and myself have been lucky enough to get places in the Oople invitational at Robin hood raceway in August. Is anyone else from Silverstone club going to be there?

Does anyone know of the suitability and permissions for caravans at the event?

Hi there, we have space for caravans and tents, all we ask is you park where directed - mainly so we can maintain an uninterrupted access road in and out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noddy (Post 912116)
how do you get invited? i would b interested in going

Everybody puts entries in, we are always over subscribed but don't operate a first come first served system, we try to give everyone a chance, for instance if you don't get a place one year we will try and get you in the following year. All welcome to watch and join in the fun though, there's a lot more than just the racing! More of an RC / Festival .
Quote:

Originally Posted by noddy (Post 912146)

if its accepted, what chassis type is best for this circuit? i have rear motor, mid motor and front motor to choose from?? all 2wd

The Invernational is on the astro track this year becuase we have the Euros on the clay track, forward motor is the way to go.. See you both there!

Mark Foster 16-05-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noddy (Post 912146)

Good lad youve gotta be in itto win it:p:p:p:p:p

Mark Foster 16-05-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 912152)
Hi there, we have space for caravans and tents, all we ask is you park where directed - mainly so we can maintain an uninterrupted access road in and out.

Everybody puts entries in, we are always over subscribed but don't operate a first come first served system, we try to give everyone a chance, for instance if you don't get a place one year we will try and get you in the following year. All welcome to watch and join in the fun though, there's a lot more than just the racing! More of an RC / Festival .

The Invernational is on the astro track this year becuase we have the Euros on the clay track, forward motor is the way to go.. See you both there!

Thanks for the info, can you give me any heads up on what tyre's work best???

chuckie stella 16-05-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Foster (Post 912195)
Thanks for the info, can you give me any heads up on what tyre's work best???

Same as our club night pal. If it rains you'll want ballistic greens

Mark Foster 16-05-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckie stella (Post 912198)
Same as our club night pal. If it rains you'll want ballistic greens

Ok nice one thanks Matt. Are you going to be there?

noddy 16-05-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 912152)

okay fingers crossed i'm one of lucky few

noddy 16-05-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Foster (Post 912194)
Good lad youve gotta be in itto win it:p:p:p:p:p

Cheers Mark :thumbsup: fingers crossed i'm selected looks like a good weekend of fun :)

noddy 17-05-2015 04:11 PM

Hi mark/andy

Been accepted in and secured my place, looking forward to some outdoor racing, been 20 years so not expecting much but just to do it again is more than enough for me.

:thumbsup: