oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Silverstone (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   New Venue Thursday Nights (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175210)

iang454 17-12-2015 07:21 PM

New Venue Thursday Nights

Gents/Ladies

From Feb 2016

We will be running a Short Course & Micro night on Thursday's (to start) and everyone is welcome.
I plan to run cars in their own groups ie 2wd & 4wd so we need good numbers.
If there is a call for Vintage or Stadium Trucks that can also be looked into.

The possibility of changing the Day might be looked into depending on numbers.
You can't please everyone all the time sadly but I will do what I can.

Please make your voice heard on here so I can get an idea of the numbers of people interested.

Regards Ian

JezT 19-12-2015 10:18 PM

Hi Ian

As I said on Facebook..... I'm definitely up for racing Shortcourse and Micros.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ross 19-12-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JezT (Post 935466)
Hi Ian

As I said on Facebook..... I'm definitely up for racing Shortcourse and Micros.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will that be the new belt driven EMB micro Jez :woot::woot::thumbs::thumbs:

Justingt5 23-12-2015 07:39 PM

Excited, gonna make my kf2 somewhat surplus to requirements as I can't see the wife being too happy about 2 nights a week and if I alternate it ,rams I'm not properly supporting the short course boys? ??

mattybucks 23-12-2015 10:51 PM

Great can't wait. If I get a vintage can you guarantee that the class won't be dropped for a more popular class at the drop of a hat or will I have to support the venue by running another class.

iang454 24-12-2015 11:18 AM

The main 2WD Buggy Class that Silverstone relies on will be run on Tuesdays as normal.

Thursdays is a bonus for the smaller formulas.

We will TRY and accommodate everyone as best we can.

We already have people asking about vintage racing so I don't think you will be on your own.
However can we guarantee its longevity NO, it will take you guys to turn up week after week to make it happen. That said I don't think we will be stopping formulas for not being here every week

We will not turn people away and if numbers are low per formula we will have to try and sort the racing out on the night.

Anything can be achieved but it needs people to come and support it because with out you guys there is no club/racing.

Regards Ian

Ross 24-12-2015 11:27 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang454 (Post 935875)
The main 2WD Buggy Class that Silverstone relies on will be run on Tuesdays as normal.

Thursdays is a bonus for the smaller formulas.

We will TRY and accommodate everyone as best we can.

We already have people asking about vintage racing so I don't think you will be on your own.
However can we guarantee its longevity NO, it will take you guys to turn up week after week to make it happen. That said I don't think we will be stopping formulas for not being here every week

We will not turn people away and if numbers are low per formula we will have to try and sort the racing out on the night.

Anything can be achieved but it needs people to come and support it because with out you guys there is no club/racing.

Regards Ian

pwest80 30-12-2015 09:18 PM

ill be trucking

Clarkie 30-12-2015 11:00 PM

I need to get the truck fixed, but we will be there most weeks

iang454 31-12-2015 12:05 AM

I want to try and keep EVERYONE happy :eh?:

Not easy that said we will be racing SC 2WD and SC 4WD separately so 4WD boys get as many people in as possible.

Stadium trucks as well if enough interest but they will NOT be in with SC trucks.

Micro's get the numbers up and vintage the more the merrier.

Happy New Year Everyone :thumbsup:

Ian

Ross 31-12-2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang454 (Post 936456)
I want to try and keep EVERYONE happy :eh?:

Not easy that said we will be racing SC 2WD and SC 4WD separately so 4WD boys get as many people in as possible.

Stadium trucks as well if enough interest but they will NOT be in with SC trucks.

Micro's get the numbers up and vintage the more the merrier.

Happy New Year Everyone :thumbsup:

Ian

Out if interest mate why can't the Stadiums run with the SC.

iang454 31-12-2015 09:46 AM

The Stadiums are much faster and really deserve their own heat.

I'm just trying to cover all bases as I have heard all the moaning from the past 2 to 3 years and if we don't mix formula's there's nothing to moan about?

I hope :eh?:

JezT 31-12-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang454 (Post 936479)

I'm just trying to cover all bases as I have heard all the moaning from the past 2 to 3 years and if we don't mix formula's there's nothing to moan about?

Totally agree - stadiums and shortcourse are different beast - stadiums should be far faster.... also, because they are open wheeled, stadium trucks get "entangled" under the bodyshells of shortcourse when the inevitable "rubbing" occurs (......btw not due to bad driving but due to the wider wheelbases!)

Ross 31-12-2015 08:04 PM

Ok cool.

Im only asking as i guess there will be enough for a heat of SC but i don't see there being enough for Stadiums.

We will see :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang454 (Post 936479)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JezT (Post 936517)
Totally agree - stadiums and shortcourse are different beast - stadiums should be far faster.... also, because they are open wheeled, stadium trucks get "entangled" under the bodyshells of shortcourse when the inevitable "rubbing" occurs (......btw not due to bad driving but due to the wider wheelbases!)

Zippy G 31-12-2015 10:26 PM

Fridays please

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang454 (Post 935286)
Gents/Ladies

From Feb 2016

We will be running a Short Course & Micro night on Thursday's (to start) and everyone is welcome.
I plan to run cars in their own groups ie 2wd & 4wd so we need good numbers.
If there is a call for Vintage or Stadium Trucks that can also be looked into.

The possibility of changing the Day might be looked into depending on numbers.
You can't please everyone all the time sadly but I will do what I can.

Please make your voice heard on here so I can get an idea of the numbers of people interested.

Regards Ian

I appreciate not all are in my boat but if Fridays are run you will have 2 more micro drivers at least 8/10 weeks, I can't commit 100% purely due to distance.

Hope it can be done I'll keep my fingers crossed

wingers 03-01-2016 08:39 PM

I think there are plans for running something on a Friday/Saturday but it's early days and nothing confirmed yet. Probably buggy, but open to ideas or offers to run the evening...

Wingers

Zippy G 03-01-2016 09:58 PM

Fridays!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingers (Post 936881)
I think there are plans for running something on a Friday/Saturday but it's early days and nothing confirmed yet. Probably buggy, but open to ideas or offers to run the evening...

Wingers

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:Yipee!!! We'll be There with bells on!:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had a chat with Matt regarding helping out as much as I could with race control/booking in etc. I can't commit 100% to every week simply due to travel distance but willing to do as much as I can to the best of my ability. Micros or Buggies would be good

noddy 04-01-2016 01:19 PM

Ill be interested in vintage

BenGab 06-01-2016 12:28 PM

If the Friday night is the chosen night, you can rely on 3 Martin 2Wd buggy at least every other Friday's and I would not mind helping run the event.

Arnaud

weejimmy 06-01-2016 01:31 PM

Fridays would work well for us too ... I am happy to help out with Race control when we can make it. :thumbsup:

Like Sam it's difficult to commit 100% though as we get pulled in lots of directions due to school, sports etc. The joys of having active kids!

But it sure would be great to see some Friday night racing taking place in the region again. As the posts from Sam, Arnaud and myself show, Friday's work well for the younger RC fans

* PS - not that I am suggesting myself, Arnaud or Sam are 'younger RC fans' you understand! :p