oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aero Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   doesn´t sound good to me... (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3360)

lud 24-04-2007 11:27 PM

doesn´t sound good to me...

HTML Code:

Statement aus einem anderen Forum

ich habe gerade mit GERD, Mr. Durango himself telefoniert!!!!

er hat nichts damit zu tun! Ein Fahrer hatte einfach einen durango vom gerd
bekommen und ist die letzten 3 jahre für ihn gefahren!

jetzt hätte die familie beschlossen das auto unter anderem namen zu bauen,
ohne gerd darüber zu informieren!
die haben das projekt einfach von gerd gestohlen!!!!

in dem prototypen auto sind sogar noch viele teile, die schwer zu fertigen sind vom
ursprünglichen durango verbaut: gerd hat sofort seine handarbeit wiedererkannt!
lenkung, motorträger, slipper, kardans, radträger....

sehr lächerlich das ganze - gerd hat aber schon rechtliche schritte eingeleitet!!!!!!

I don´t know if that is the truth, but defenitaly sounds curious.

philly 25-04-2007 12:25 AM

My german isn't awesome but the gist is...
Somebody has found a post on another forum saying that they have been in conversation on the phonw with 'Gerd' (who built the Durango I think) and that Gerd said that a driver he had working for him for 3 years took away (stole) some prototypes and is looking to sell the resultant product.
Apparently the steering and suspension are easilly recognisable along with some other parts that I can't translate!
I#m not commenting on this, I just thought the translation might be interesting.:wtf:

Teddy truman 25-04-2007 06:58 AM

Statement out of one of other forum

I have just spoke with GERD, Mr. Durango himself on the telephone!!!!

It has nothing there with to do! A driver had got simply got a durango of gerd and has driven it for the last 3 years!

Now the family have concluded to construct the car among other things name, without informing gerd about that! Thay stole the
project simply of gerd!!!!

In the prototype car, even yet many are would divide built in to make that heavily of the original durango: gerd recognized immediately its handwork! Control, motor carrier, slipper, kardans, wheel carrier

Very laughably the entire - however already legal has would step initiated gerd!!

almost a good translation.
what forum is it from?

lud 25-04-2007 08:02 AM

from rcweb.de and offroad cult.

we will see.

lud 25-04-2007 08:03 AM

from rcweb.de and offroad cult.

we will see.

Bathy 25-04-2007 08:47 AM

Bit odd, no idea if any of this is correct but based on what’s been said (If I put my ‘business’ hat on for a second), unless Gerd has patents in place then there is little you can do, that’s the harsh reality of the world.

Edit: Font was tiny!

Mrs oOple 25-04-2007 09:31 AM

This is the official statement from Gerd:

http://www.redrc.net/2007/04/gerd-st...ial-statement/

Nick Goodall 25-04-2007 09:38 AM

I have no idea what the truth is in all of this, but I bet he wishes he had released it now, someone was bound to duplicate it as some point as so many people wanted to run this car!

dave g 25-04-2007 09:56 AM

from neo-buggy,just saw it this morning.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=2148

JCJC 25-04-2007 10:02 AM

:eh?: Drive it like you stole it !!:eh?:

rich_cree 25-04-2007 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh dear

Teddy truman 25-04-2007 10:12 AM

how is it be stolen? have they not just made there own version????:confused: they have stressed its not a durango......:eh?:

Nick Goodall 25-04-2007 10:14 AM

Whether it is or isn't "stolen" or copied, as Bathy said the only thing that matters is if Mr Durango patented the design or not - if he didn't then this is all nonsence anyway and i'm sure a lot of people will still be happy to run this car.

rich_cree 25-04-2007 10:20 AM

not really, if they are using his name and company to endorse/promote their product then thats very illegal I believe...

Nick Goodall 25-04-2007 10:24 AM

Yeah i have to agree that if they've used his name anywhere to promote it then that is something they'll have to back track on but surely the physical design of the car can be copied by anyone unless he did patent that alone?

Wraggy 25-04-2007 10:26 AM

we are all speculating here of whats going on , but until we here form Mr aero himself we only know one side of the story ..
it may well be that Gerd did agree to things but has now realised how popular this car is going to be and wants some recompense for it??? ..
im sure time will tell .
be interested in what lee has to say on the matter though ..

Teddy truman 25-04-2007 10:29 AM

im just intrested to find out who it was that gerd sold up to then? might have been aero under a different name/ person??? because he did say in that interview thing he sold or summit in jan 2007, and aero claim thats when they got it????

Nick Goodall 25-04-2007 10:34 AM

I've told Lee about it, he'll be on shortly i'm sure.

I think Bob's the only one that can really explain but i can imagine in this sort of situation people have to be careful what is said.

I'm sure it'll all get resolved anyway, let's see what happens!

Lee Martin 25-04-2007 10:38 AM

hi all,

im afriad i have not a clue whats going on..............................

i have woken up to read this.

all i can say is that bob is a very good business man and is very above bored when it comes to deals, i was even told Gerd phoned him after tiverton to send congrats. so until everything is sorted through them i dunno....

if its a nasty rumour or someone becoming jealous i feel sorry for aero, as it has already intailed a bad name???

lee

Nick Goodall 25-04-2007 10:40 AM

I'm sure everything will all be fine dude, wait for Bob to confirm i guess?

Still, if the car was no good it wouldn't raise so much interest (no publicity is bad remember) :cool:

Fingers crossed anyway, i'm sure it'll be fine.