oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   NEAM Seaham Sunderland (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Worksop (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14769)

N7ELA 08-10-2008 05:07 PM

Worksop

Who is doing worksop next sunday then???? I might have a look down if i can get booked in. Just to see wot all the fuss is about.

:p

chris68nufc 08-10-2008 05:36 PM

Me and the Green are booked in. Im trying to pursuade Chris to stop over again.Fancy it? Thought you werent too keen on Worksop. Best indoor meeting ive been to.

N7ELA 08-10-2008 07:22 PM

might see wot all the fuss is about... Am at work saturday til 6 ish so a doubt al be stopping overnight...

turbo_brick 08-10-2008 08:18 PM

I'll be coming down on sunday morning after work, with Stephen and Jeff.

I'll need to go and buy some more red bull before then though.

Peter

chris68nufc 08-10-2008 08:39 PM

Hope you are in my heat. At least you moved over when i was mauling through!

turbo_brick 08-10-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris68nufc (Post 166981)
Hope you are in my heat. At least you moved over when i was mauling through!

As long as I can get a least two clean runs in I'll be happy, unlike last time.:cry:

pugs 08-10-2008 10:32 PM

be nice if they did a heat list off the finishing order from round one,then you get to race against people of the same ability.

Lee 09-10-2008 07:23 AM

It doesn`t always work like that though, for instance i had a shocker in 4wd, i would be down in the 4th qualifying heat , when i would expect to be in the 2nd to top.

I'm sure others are in the same boat, and the same for those who over qualified:thumbsup:

turbo_brick 09-10-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 167092)
It doesn`t always work like that though, for instance i had a shocker in 4wd, i would be down in the 4th qualifying heat , when i would expect to be in the 2nd to top.

I'm sure others are in the same boat, and the same for those who over qualified:thumbsup:

But on the other side to that Chris S and myself had absolute nightmare days with back markers, you'd lap them then they'd take you out on the next corner or as you are going past.

Lee 09-10-2008 08:48 AM

This happened in the top heats too :woot:

Im not saying final positions wont be taken into account but i dont think seeding should be done solely on the last round scores, what happens to Mc goo who missed the last round :confused:

Chris Doughty 09-10-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugs (Post 167049)
be nice if they did a heat list off the finishing order from round one,then you get to race against people of the same ability.

'Racing' does not start until the finals

James 09-10-2008 10:25 AM

We said before that we would seed from the last round and common sense knowledge of drivers who's ability we know, leon, muzz and myself are meeting next wednesday to do the heats and muzzy will post on here again towards the end of next week...

pugs 09-10-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 167126)
'Racing' does not start until the finals

yes very true,maybe I should have worded it different, but some of the lower drivers in your heat let you past then take you out on the next corner!:woot: and you loose a lot of time affecting your final position.

N7ELA 09-10-2008 08:13 PM

This happens quite alot at club meetings and regionals too and i believe a lack of refereeing power is to blame. If your the race leader and back markers are obstructive or take you out then penalties should be issued...

dave p hall 09-10-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smOkin (Post 167161)
We said before that we would seed from the last round and common sense knowledge of drivers who's ability we know, leon, muzz and myself are meeting next wednesday to do the heats and muzzy will post on here again towards the end of next week...

i wonder,if everyone's honest with their driver abilty rating on entry form's:confused: