oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Selling on Oople (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188705)

david85williams 20-03-2017 07:39 AM

Selling on Oople

Has anyone else experienced a lot of time wasters on oople? So many people enquire about buying and even agree on a price but no payment is sent and it all goes quiet?

I think its really rude that people do this. At least people can message and say they have changed their minds.

I'm not going to name and shame but speaking to others there are some repeat offenders.

Tobyw 20-03-2017 11:27 AM

Agreed

Hi Dave,

I have to say I agree with you on this. I too have experienced this many times myself.

If people change their minds fair enough but at least have the courtesy to let the seller know so that he / she can sell their item to someone else.

TW

neallewis 20-03-2017 12:42 PM

What really annoys me is the way people delete the price on an item after it sold. If you have something to sell, or want to buy something, and want an indication of the price to offer it at or what someone bought or sold it for, then you could use a search to research prices. This alone puts me off listing anything to sell really. I've always had a decent experience buying, and selling the few times I've bothered to sell. I always try to know (of) or speak to someone who knows them prior to agreeing a sale, but generally it's been good for me. Not listed anything for sale myself for a while though, I guess because keeping stuff is easier than dealing with potential time wasters?

Suzukitudor 20-03-2017 02:24 PM

Timewasters

I have experienced this multiple times, usually selling buggies. Yes yes, I want want. Listed as sold. Hi mate ready to send but still waiting for your paypal payment. Then a few days later, 'oh sorry I bought one off a mate/new/someone else' or nothing at all. It's been even been more annoying when I have then told other people who have enquired, sorry its sold. Then a week later messaging them hoping I can still sell my buggy they say sorry found another. When that happens its even worse. So yes its basically a waste of time and damn rude.

I have found best way is to say paypal me now. Then mark as sold etc. No payment it stays for sale.

I guess there will be tyrekickers in all scales of cars!

mark christopher 20-03-2017 06:36 PM

guess you can always pay the extortionate ebay fee's, if your not happy with the free service here!:p:p

WHITTLER555 20-03-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 969772)
guess you can always pay the extortionate ebay fee's, if your not happy with the free service here!:p:p

Yes Mark, quite correct.

I guess we could start charging to put For Sale Adverts up on oOple. A small charge might help us pay for the server costs and tech help we get. It would also keep the messers from upsetting people if we charge to put an advert on the For Sale section.

Let me think about it...........

Zippy G 20-03-2017 07:30 PM

NOOO FEEES!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 969775)
Yes Mark, quite correct.

I guess we could start charging to put For Sale Adverts up on oOple. A small charge might help us pay for the server costs and tech help we get. It would also keep the messers from upsetting people if we charge to put an advert on the For Sale section.

NO NO NO PLEASE NO
You guys above I understand the frustrations but we do have a good community and for sale section here, people are already moving away from Oople please don't give them another reason :(.

There are the inconsiderate few who don't reply.
There are a few that delete complete threads

There are lots who do reply
I always mark my bits sold as soon as possible
I always leave all of my adds complete INCLUDING the price (That will please Neal:thumbsup:)

Every place has its good and bad points but I think Oople has much more good points than bad so please leave it as it is.

The only thing I agree with is posts should not be deleted once an item has been sold (there is another thread regarding this)

Sam pleading:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

neallewis 20-03-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 969775)
Yes Mark, quite correct.

It only makes sense to pay the site a fee for selling, or charge the buyers for buying. Whichever makes sense and you can work out how to bill efficiently.
If you are selling and paying for it, you'll want an idiot filter to stop the time wasters though.

Today I made my first purchase (some roof bars) via the facebook market place. I must say it was a painless experience, and I didn't pay them a bean to use it, and neither did the seller.

Suzukitudor 20-03-2017 08:38 PM

Oople for sale section.

Hi guys.

We are not moaning about Oople at all or its for sale section.

Just the numnuts who mess people around which happens as I said in all walks of life.

Oscar 20-03-2017 10:39 PM

I view oOple as a community, not a business.. I think I can quite confidently say that was the vision right from day 1
The trade section is a vibrant and successful part of the forum managed entirely by a few volunteers. Yes there will be times when it isn't perfect, but by enlarge it works well an is free simply for the good of the hobby.
Perhaps we all just need to manage our expectations to consider the above and appreciate that the trade forum could never be as ideal as a fully funded professional selling site.

I'll finish by quoting some sane advice from my dear friend and Mr oOple himself..
"Use this to sell your gear, only deal with people you know and be careful"

neallewis 21-03-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 969792)
I'll finish by quoting some sane advice from my dear friend and Mr oOple himself..

Yeah that's spot on.

On any given day it's the buy/sell traffic that forms the majority of the new posts.

Rich D 21-03-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david85williams (Post 969736)
Has anyone else experienced a lot of time wasters on oople? So many people enquire about buying and even agree on a price but no payment is sent and it all goes quiet?

I think its really rude that people do this. At least people can message and say they have changed their minds.

I'm not going to name and shame but speaking to others there are some repeat offenders.

Yes, many times, particularly by people posting wanted adverts. I generally tend to just ignore those now as there are a high % of tyre kickers amongst that group.

I used to hold items for days/weeks but after numerous let downs, i just tell the interested parties that i will hold until a certan time but then i will move it on. Sifts the wheat from the chaff easily. Everyone knows where they stand and it saves getting messed around.

Despite the above, the oOple selling experience has been largely perfect.

Zippy G 21-03-2017 08:16 AM

This is what Oople is

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 969792)
I view oOple as a community, not a business.. I think I can quite confidently say that was the vision right from day 1
The trade section is a vibrant and successful part of the forum managed entirely by a few volunteers. Yes there will be times when it isn't perfect, but by enlarge it works well an is free simply for the good of the hobby.
Perhaps we all just need to manage our expectations to consider the above and appreciate that the trade forum could never be as ideal as a fully funded professional selling site.

Perfectly put:thumbsup:

Suzukitudor 21-03-2017 11:58 AM

Oople

Agree with the above guys. It's great here and I have sold and bought a load of stuff on here. I think we can allow our frustrations to surface sometimes.

Keep up the good work. The RC world would not be nearly as good if we were 'Oopleless!'

mark christopher 21-03-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 969783)
It only makes sense to pay the site a fee for selling, or charge the buyers for buying. Whichever makes sense and you can work out how to bill efficiently.
If you are selling and paying for it, you'll want an idiot filter to stop the time wasters though.

Today I made my first purchase (some roof bars) via the facebook market place. I must say it was a painless experience, and I didn't pay them a bean to use it, and neither did the seller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 969798)

On any given day it's the buy/sell traffic that forms the majority of the new posts.

thank the lord we dont rely on you to promote oople! :woot::woot:

danDanEFC 21-03-2017 06:52 PM

Do we still have a donate button and does the money go towards site hosting and IT stuff?

If the oOple lot can confirm this it's about time I stuck a couple a quid in as I have sold a few things this year?

mark christopher 21-03-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danDanEFC (Post 969836)
Do we still have a donate button and does the money go towards site hosting and IT stuff?

If the oOple lot can confirm this it's about time I stuck a couple a quid in as I have sold a few things this year?

on the yellow bar with news/forum on right hand side

danDanEFC 21-03-2017 09:35 PM

Just checking as it's an old link that it still goes to current oOple bank account for hosting.

mark christopher 21-03-2017 10:13 PM

Ah okay just seen the link

neallewis 21-03-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 969830)
thank the lord we dont rely on you to promote oople! :woot::woot:

likewise Mark:p