oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   TLR 22-4 MODS (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155844)

stegger 24-08-2014 07:30 PM

TLR 22-4 MODS

Haven't run my 22-4 yet (work :thumbdown:) But have noticed and heard people using a wider rear end with parts from the 22 2.0
What parts are required to do this ?
Also why are people going over to a shorty cell on the left ? Is this just for a better weight distribution ?
Any other MODS people are doing ?

danDanEFC 24-08-2014 09:01 PM

Oi just turn up and run it, you dirty red!

Even I ran 4wd today.

stegger 24-08-2014 09:15 PM

Just haven't had time Aide, last time I raced out doors was the Easter Egg race !!!!! :o If I had my own company then I could slope off :lol:

danDanEFC 24-08-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stegger (Post 873008)
If I had my own company then I could slope off :lol:

I would recommend getting your own company there dead boss! :lol:

fletcher 25-08-2014 08:36 AM

Main issue is the 22-4's weight. Its a heavy car and we found running it with the shorty packs really livened the car up. The 22 2.0 rear end helped with stability, one thing we found was difficult to stop was the rear end dumping under load which this helped stop. Also finally moving the rear shocks to infront of the tower made a big difference. To do this all you need to do is swap the rear wishbones around and mount the shocks on the front. On a quick not you need to space the drive shafts when running the 2wd rear end. Oh it also gives you more droop ��
hth!

stegger 25-08-2014 10:43 AM

Hi Fletch
So do I just need 2.0 rear hubs and drive shafts then ?

fletcher 25-08-2014 11:15 AM

That's correct mate. Plus about 1.6mm in driveshaft spacers. I'm running 1.0mm on mine but its close to popping a shaft so ill be adding some more before the car goes back on track. I had 2.0mm on my previous (stolen) 22-4 and it was ok but made the hex a little tight against the bearing

JohnM 25-08-2014 01:46 PM

If you use the std width alloy hex for the 22 it stops the bearing binding up.

stegger 27-08-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 873103)
If you use the std width alloy hex for the 22 it stops the bearing binding up.

Off the 22 2.0 or the 22-4 John ?

JohnM 28-08-2014 05:54 AM

Off the 22/22 2.0, I think the std width 22-4 ones are wider and put the car over the limit.

The alloy hexes have a little step built in that stops it binding on the bearing, so your able to tighten your wheels fully.

luke 01-11-2014 04:41 PM

I'm running saddles with just +1.5mm rear hubs, what benifits does the moving the rear shocks to the front give? Many of you running the modified rear camber links o
Allowing a lower position?

luke 08-11-2014 05:36 PM

What benifits does moving the rear shocks to the front side of the wishbone?

Has anyone fitted a modified rear camber bracket allowing the ball to be lowerd a hole down where did you get one and what benefits does it have?

What benafits are there to fitting g the 22 rear hubs and wishbones

Intrested to know What you guys think to these mods and what affects did it have to the buggy?

Are there any other mods??

MaxBaker 08-11-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke (Post 885087)

Has anyone fitted a modified rear camber bracket allowing the ball to be lowerd a hole down where did you get one and what benefits does it have?

What benafits are there to fitting g the 22 rear hubs and wishbones

Intrested to know What you guys think to these mods and what affects did it have to the buggy?

Are there any other mods??

+1 on rear forward shocks. Would like to know benefits :D

JohnM 08-11-2014 11:21 PM

Try it, it costs nothing to do;) I don't think I know of anyone whose tried it & gone back to having them on the rear.

Simply, it puts the weight more forward, frees up the rear end & makes it drive like a normal car.

jcb 09-11-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke (Post 885087)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxBaker (Post 885133)

I don't own a 22-4, but have done a similar modification on my 22 2.0. Without doing any other set-up changes it feels like it stiffens the rear end up a little, less on power understeer and a more consistent feeling between entry, middle and exiting a turn.
However I do prefer the kit position when the track is slippery and or bumpy.

luke 09-11-2014 09:49 AM

Brilliant cheers guys just need info on the other mods now

simonrhart 09-11-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

As others has said, it allows the car to slide around the corner more instead of digging in and grip rolling. I certainly will not be going back to the kit settings. Combine this with the sway bars and it takes away the grip roll completely.

Simon

simonrhart 09-11-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

The 22 rear hubs makes the car wider, known as increasing the track. So in theory giving the car more understeer thus making it less twitchy. I am running stock hubs on mine so I don't know what it's like with the 22 hubs. That said, I have got it where I want it with regards to the twitchiness. The kit setup is un-driveable but that "go kart" feel can be fixed with setup and not necessarily buying 22 hubs.

Simon

MaxBaker 10-11-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonrhart (Post 885273)
The 22 rear hubs makes the car wider, known as increasing the track. So in theory giving the car more understeer thus making it less twitchy. I am running stock hubs on mine so I don't know what it's like with the 22 hubs. That said, I have got it where I want it with regards to the twitchiness. The kit setup is un-driveable but that "go kart" feel can be fixed with setup and not necessarily buying 22 hubs.

Simon

I've done the Hub Conversion i wanted to know what the benefits of the shocks in the forward position was. Tbh the car is how i like so probably wont change the shock position unless it really is a big benefit :bored:

JohnM 10-11-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxBaker (Post 885358)
I've done the Hub Conversion i wanted to know what the benefits of the shocks in the forward position was. Tbh the car is how i like so probably wont change the shock position unless it really is a big benefit :bored:

I'd say shocks forward was a bigger and better change then the 2wd rear end, esp as its free to do, only takes 5 mins to do.

On a side note, anyone got a centre diff yet, and what do you think of it?