oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Benfield Radio Control Buggy Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Thanks for the warm welcome. And a little advice needed. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170820)

Poindexter 16-08-2015 11:04 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. And a little advice needed.

Hi all
Thanks for the warm welcome on Fri 14th. I was the tall bald bloke that didn't have a clue :-)

Opened my eyes to what the sport is all about...... Race fast and have fun!!

Anyway what value would you put on these 2 cars? Just thinking if my daughter did take the sport up she would have a car that only needed a controller and I would be set up from the word go.

Whilst I know the cars are quality, Im not sure about the quality/value of the electrics and controller.
They could be top class.... or not.
Thoughts please on how suitable they would be and their value!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131577313883

Cheers
Guy

arceye 17-08-2015 12:10 AM

The b5m as a roller( no electrics) prob looking at £150, the lrp stuff is top notch, the motor is £72 new, ESC £100, savox servos are spot on too. The older car still has decent speed passion gear in it, so I guess he'd want near £300 for both ( depends on his reserve) . Great starting kits tho by the looks of em. Good luck in the auction.

Just check prices on MB models website. Generally Cheapest place to get spares.http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/

DAVO 17-08-2015 09:04 AM

Scott tinkler is selling a b5m roller in mint condition speak to him

arceye 19-08-2015 09:08 AM

That's fair shot up. £460 and reserve not met.

Dkfream 19-08-2015 11:52 AM

I can supply new everything ready to race, savox servo, speed passion Pro esc and motor, new B5m, Gemini x transmitter and receiver, 2x shorty lipo batteries, and charger so ready to race with everything new for £660

Dkfream 19-08-2015 11:53 AM

I also have a Schumacher KF roller for sale £150

Dkfream 19-08-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arceye (Post 922698)
The b5m as a roller( no electrics) prob looking at £150, the lrp stuff is top notch, the motor is £72 new, ESC £100, savox servos are spot on too. The older car still has decent speed passion gear in it, so I guess he'd want near £300 for both ( depends on his reserve) . Great starting kits tho by the looks of em. Good luck in the auction.

Just check prices on MB models website. Generally Cheapest place to get spares.http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/

I am so cheaper than MB models 😡😡😡

Dkfream 19-08-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poindexter (Post 922697)
Hi all
Thanks for the warm welcome on Fri 14th. I was the tall bald bloke that didn't have a clue :-)

Opened my eyes to what the sport is all about...... Race fast and have fun!!

Anyway what value would you put on these 2 cars? Just thinking if my daughter did take the sport up she would have a car that only needed a controller and I would be set up from the word go.

Whilst I know the cars are quality, Im not sure about the quality/value of the electrics and controller.
They could be top class.... or not.
Thoughts please on how suitable they would be and their value!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131577313883

Cheers
Guy

There not worth the money they are up to, keep and eye on the forsale ads on oople

arceye 19-08-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dkfream (Post 923016)
I am so cheaper than MB models 😡😡😡

For tyres maybe lol, but wishbones and ESC's or have you expanded? Freeman models........has a nice ring to it.

Poindexter 19-08-2015 09:31 PM

I got in touch with the seller and his reserve was £600 for both cars. Out of my league for a 1st time purchase. So ill keep looking and learning.
I realise if I like the hobby I'll need to spend decent cash but the Yorkshire man in me keeps trying to resist!!

DAVO 19-08-2015 09:32 PM

Scott is selling a mint condition b5m he will be at seham next weekend with it as for price he will do yo a good deal

Dkfream 19-08-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arceye (Post 923045)
For tyres maybe lol, but wishbones and ESC's or have you expanded? Freeman models........has a nice ring to it.

I can supply anything, from electrics to car kits just tell me what you need or want and I can supply it

Dkfream 19-08-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poindexter (Post 923068)
I got in touch with the seller and his reserve was £600 for both cars. Out of my league for a 1st time purchase. So ill keep looking and learning.
I realise if I like the hobby I'll need to spend decent cash but the Yorkshire man in me keeps trying to resist!!

£600 is a joke mate, as Davo says pop down to seaham next Sunday

arceye 19-08-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dkfream (Post 923072)
I can supply anything, from electrics to car kits just tell me what you need or want and I can supply it

Soz, thought it was just tyres and inserts u sold. My bad!

Dkfream 19-08-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arceye (Post 923076)
Soz, thought it was just tyres and inserts u sold. My bad!

Are you not coming down to Robin Hood this weekend ???, gonna be a good one, fun, games , food and alcohol oh yes and a little bit or RC racing apparently !!!!!!

arceye 20-08-2015 03:08 AM

Nah, that's me done now for the summer. Plus I don't have a tent, plus the mrs........... U know the rest lol, so maybe next year?
Had a blast at the regionals ( bit out of my depth at the start) but just gotta learn how not to cack myself when I get in the lead in finals, think the whole rostrum could feel me shaking at Batley lol.

Poindexter 20-08-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVO (Post 923069)
Scott is selling a mint condition b5m he will be at seham next weekend with it as for price he will do yo a good deal

Hi Davo
do you mean this weekend coming (I thought everyone was away at some race?)
And more importantly how much would you need to spend to turn a roller into a decent car.
what recommendations would people give for decent, reliable electrics.

I think I may be liking the look of a wheel/trigger transmitter.

Cheers

DAVO 20-08-2015 08:00 AM

Sorry I mean next week as we away this weekend

Hi spoke to Scott he only wants £110 for his b5m
As for other bits you can get
Battery's hobby king £22 each
Motor speedo combo hobby king £50ish for the combo(track star)
Lipo charger with leads £20 eBay
Servo £20-50 depending what you wanna spend
Radio gear not sure if you use sticks or wheel I think something with EPA adjustment etc you can get for around £60

This is the cheapest way
Don't buy a Ready to race set you will just have to upgrade

Other option is keep an eye and get a full 2nd hand set up off here but poss won't be any cheaper than above

Steven Forster 20-08-2015 10:49 AM

Are you my long lost Brother from another Mother ? :woot: :D

If you fancy a new buggy kit which will help you in the long run with building and getting to know your buggy then I would have a look at the VBC Firebolt and then buying your electrics separate then you will make more of a difference as you will learn while your doing it......rather than jump in the depend and learn back overs :)

Choice is yours, there are bargains all the time on here so keep looking, but if you can try holding off till youve been to 1 or 2 clubs to see what everybody else is running to give you a better idea what to look out for ;)