oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   WRCA (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   COBRA Cardiff On Road, Buggy and SC10 Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28311)

ex-sco77morgan 05-08-2009 06:51 AM

COBRA Cardiff On Road, Buggy and SC10 Club

2 Attachment(s)
COBRA Racing

Outdoor (2wd, 4wd and Trucks)
Heath Park: off King George V Drive East, Heath, Cardiff. (Map)

16th August - Outdoor Club Day
23rd August - Outdoor Comp Finals

May be more outdoor dates to be confirmed weather permitting

Indoor (Touring, Micro, 2wd, 4wd and Trucks)
Llanishen : Llanishen High School, Heol Hir, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5YL. (Map)

6th September - First COBRA Indoor Meeting
13th September - WRCA @ Talywain (NO CLUB)
20th September - Indoor Club
27th September - Indoor Club

More details at (http://www.swmcrc.co.uk/index.php)

:thumbsup:EVERYONE WELCOME:thumbsup:

Roy 05-10-2009 06:32 PM

COBRA Indoor 11th October 2009

COBRA indoor racing starts this Sunday 11th October 2009.

All welcome.

Details Available http://www.swmcrc.co.uk/

migsy 05-10-2009 06:39 PM

cobra

see you there roy. :thumbsup:

Alan.

millzy 06-10-2009 10:59 AM

What Class(s) are people runnig sunday

and whats the rule with mini pins on the 10th Buggys??

DCM 06-10-2009 11:05 AM

no mini-pins dude

millzy 06-10-2009 11:53 AM

Ok- just as well i have spikes then.

DCM 06-10-2009 12:01 PM

gonna be strick on it this year, as it has fooked the nap on the carpet for the on-road cars.

millzy 06-10-2009 12:05 PM

like i care about the on road pancakes lol

DCM 06-10-2009 12:07 PM

now, now, we will be laying down additive on there, bring the grip up ;)

millzy 06-10-2009 12:09 PM

what the crap!!

then what am i going to do with the spikes that i want to run outdoors that are coverd in touring car grip poo?

So if ive got this right

i cant run mini pins on my b4 becuase it kill the nap on the carpet for the tc - but the tcs are going to run additive that will kill my mini spikes>?!!!

GRIFF55 06-10-2009 12:25 PM

doesn't additive eat away at the carpet too?

DCM 06-10-2009 12:31 PM

the carpet isn't brill, we know that, but the running of minipins laster year, run the knap up on the carpet, as the pins dig into the nap, and lines it up, which made it almost undriveable for the saloons, as the cars would follow the nap on the carpet. And as we got to cater for different classes, we got to think the best for all.

Chris, with additive on the carpet, you won't be relying on the sharp edge of the spike, for grip.

millzy 06-10-2009 12:35 PM

Ok well i can see what your saying- but i allways found that spikes where more prown to laying tracks on carpet with powering out of bends and drifitng into a bend

DCM 06-10-2009 12:37 PM

no, the nap got shreaded by the minipins last year, as they are a hard small pin, and as the carpet is old, it digs in, and lines up the nap, which then makes the driving for the on-road cars, a total nightmare, additive or not.

Just trying to make it good for everyone who comes, and trying not to make it saloons against buggies, as you know, I enjoy both.

millzy 06-10-2009 12:43 PM

im not happy with runnig spikes in the first place- giving that the indoor finals and other wrca clubs run on pins- the whole additive is a put off to be honest and i cant see how im going to get any testing down with the b4 for the wrca winter rounds that i take it other clubs will be runnig and allowing pins - i might as well run in the bash fest that has become sc10 racing and not worry about the set up .

it dose sound that its a bit of buggys have to suffer so the tcs can get a good run.

i know its a negative post towords the club- - o like cobra and the team who run it but man im not happy with this desision

DCM 06-10-2009 12:48 PM

Chris, think you blowing it out of proportion, I would happily run down there on spikes, and have done, and the additive does no harm. Also, I have not heard of a WRCA winter series, as yet, then you got, where you going to run, Caldicot are buggies and truck, Swansea are micro's, COBRA is everything, and none run on the same carper, so grip levels are different at each venue, etc, etc, etc.

Your sounding more a touring car driver than buggy!!

millzy 06-10-2009 12:49 PM

we will put this down to the big hangover i have and take your word

DCM 06-10-2009 12:50 PM

Dude, you have known me for a long time, trust me, when I tell you, that with mini-spikes, there is enough grip, not silly grip, but enough, and with the additive laid into the carpet, it will be better.

GRIFF55 06-10-2009 05:03 PM

swansea do buggy, micro and if enough entries, tourers:thumbsup:

migsy 06-10-2009 05:35 PM

mini pins

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 295456)
no, the nap got shreaded by the minipins last year, as they are a hard small pin, and as the carpet is old, it digs in, and lines up the nap, which then makes the driving for the on-road cars, a total nightmare, additive or not.

Just trying to make it good for everyone who comes, and trying not to make it saloons against buggies, as you know, I enjoy both.

What if you've just bought pins, got your car ready and dont have any other tires?:confused:

i'm fooked. :thumbdown:

any chance we could run them this weekend and get a vote on something more suitable for the next meeting? ;)