oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Bridgford Model Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   ramps (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60645)

reg 09-01-2011 06:57 PM

ramps

Is there any danger of having some new ramps made for friday nights and the indoor champ?

The Doctor 09-01-2011 10:49 PM

I'm going to take the broken small ramps home after racing next week and repair them in time for Sunday. Only having 2 small ramps for off-road last week was pretty poor to be honest and really limited our track options. We need to keep it interesting to keep people coming back on a club night.

The shed needs clearing before we can fit any more in though. It's completely full now that the MROD and old carpets are in there.

And then of course someone needs to volunteer to make them... I'm OK to spend a couple of hours fixing what we have but I just don't have the time to make a load of new ramps now that Lewis is with us. :(

wes j. 09-01-2011 10:56 PM

We should ship a load of clay in and build some bad ass dirt courses. Don't know how the school would react mind :p:thumbsup:.

antnee 10-01-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes j. (Post 450722)
We should ship a load of clay in and build some bad ass dirt courses. Don't know how the school would react mind :p:thumbsup:.

Just tell them its a bit dusty in there

Dave Dodd 10-01-2011 12:41 PM

if we could get some of the flat sheets out of the shed friday night, we could use some dead space and make an off road area, could do with a track design which benefits all users.

also if the off road is too fancy with jumps & mats etc then whomever is left to pack away aint too happy. maybe put off road stuff away as soon as the last off road race has finished ( if possible) maybe pause racing just so we can clear the smaller items out of the way..

deepdale11 10-01-2011 01:13 PM

I agree Dave, there is a lack of help on a friday night for the jumps putting out and away! its seems we start later and later! if everyone helped, it would be so much quicker....

The Doctor 10-01-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Dodd (Post 450869)
maybe put off road stuff away as soon as the last off road race has finished ( if possible) maybe pause racing just so we can clear the smaller items out of the way..

Exactly Dave, that's what we always used to do. The off-road heats are on first so that we can do this. It's only fair that those of us using the ramps should get them out & put them away again. Then the other regulars can pack the main track away after the last round has finished.

No volunteers to make some more ramps than...? Strange that. :confused:

Dave Dodd 11-01-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 450969)

No volunteers to make some more ramps than...? Strange that. :confused:

i can help its just finding the time, this week is a bit manick, the earliest would prob be saturday afternoon but can not promise soz :(

wes j. 11-01-2011 11:09 AM

If i were to make some ramps 2.5 meters wide but hinged the supports so they could store flat would that be ok.

Dave Dodd 11-01-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes j. (Post 451262)
If i were to make some ramps 2.5 meters wide but hinged the supports so they could store flat would that be ok.

that would be great but would not fit in the shed whereas 1.25mtr wide might be better for storage :D

reg 11-01-2011 12:20 PM

I dont think we need anything other than the small ramps friday night,i dont mind getting the ramps out and usualy do!..........iv not done the last 2 weeks as i dont see the point tring dig out 10 ramps to find 2 just usable..............as for helping build new ones,i would if i lived local as i dont have a car and i dont think there would be much of them left if pat dragged them behind his car

wes j. 11-01-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Dodd (Post 451272)
that would be great but would not fit in the shed whereas 1.25mtr wide might be better for storage :D

Sweet. Don't think i'll be able to get anything ready for this week but i'll try for the week after :thumbsup:.

antnee 11-01-2011 05:28 PM

I would offer to help, but I have a few small issues;

I live in a different city
I have no transport
When I am back in Nottingham, I will be stripping the Ibiza more
Also when Im not stipping the Ibiza I should be doing work for something called a degree, I think :confused:

The Doctor 11-01-2011 08:49 PM

So I'll take the small ramps home after racing this week to fix them. Any offers of help transferring them from the shed into the car (the Picasso, NOT my S3...) would be much appreciated. Once we get a container installed at the Rugby Club we can shift the MROD into it for outdoor use only and then free-up the space for whatever indoor ramps you guys construct.

Will be looking for container options / prices this week. :thumbsup:

antnee 11-01-2011 09:29 PM

Doc, Im getting a baby S3 :thumbsup:

The Doctor 11-01-2011 09:43 PM

Well don't f**K it up by sticking gay sparkly wheels and black fablon on it then! Bloody kids.

deepdale11 11-01-2011 09:46 PM

whats a baby S3???

antnee 11-01-2011 10:30 PM

A3 Quattro :woot:

wes j. 12-01-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antnee (Post 451527)
Doc, Im getting a baby S3 :thumbsup:

Is this one going to make a visit to a hedge/tree :p.

pat*1 12-01-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 451537)
Well don't f**K it up by sticking gay sparkly wheels and black fablon on it then! Bloody kids.

He cant help f*ck it up....he lives in some strange twilight world where they think seat diesels are sports cars:thumbdown::confused::woot: