oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Faversham Off Road Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Next FORCC Wednesday Race Meeting (7/9/2011) (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79432)

Hairy Spider 01-09-2011 09:57 PM

Next FORCC Wednesday Race Meeting (7/9/2011)

Post deleted to avoid confusion. Next weeks meeting will be run as normal.

Regards,
Jon.

discostu 01-09-2011 11:19 PM

hey john

why dont you have a practice session next wednesday build the track and set pc up put it on a practice session, drivers could collect a transponder and adjust there cars over a few hours and improve setups. in my veiw that would help drivers alot rather than 10 mins of racing and a rushed over crouded practice.

just a thought.

stu

whissstle 02-09-2011 02:59 PM

+1 to what Stuart said, Having a practise session would be awesome, Just say you can only be racing for 5 minutes at a time so it allows everyone a chance to have there time. And if possible on the computer put it on a practise session and it shows everyones lap times, e.t.c.

Hog 02-09-2011 03:14 PM

Who's going to monitor the 5 minutes, check for frequency clashes, arrange marshals etc?

Leave as Jon has suggested. No points to be won so you can still take the opportunity to try some setup changes.

And if the time is spread equally rather than some drivers having 20 minute stints, then you'll not get much more than 10 minutes each anyway! Last week there were nearly 50 drivers!

jkclifford 02-09-2011 06:26 PM

What glue are you planing on using?

discostu 02-09-2011 06:48 PM

why would you need to monitor the times just leave as open practice with the times being called out by the pc lap by lap. you can do a hell of a lot of steup work with open practice rather than two 5 min runs.

+1 for me

Rebelrc 02-09-2011 07:53 PM

Hi guys
I didn't know we have a committe
And how do you get on it?
When are the agm's ?
Sorry guys have I missed something again

whissstle 02-09-2011 08:03 PM

Wouldnt be any need to monitor though as people normally do come off as there motor gets hot or the battery dumps. Marshalling its like practise on usual wednesdays, you wouldnt need marshals as there will be always be people watching or as such just get it yourself. Aso you could with a squeeze fit 12 people on the stage and if desperate people stand on the steps. :thumbsup:

Tractor Boy 02-09-2011 08:14 PM

Hi Scott, answer to your question regards Forcc committe, we are a group of 6 of us that have taken it upon ourselves to run the club for many years myself for well over 20 years and with that comes soooo much time and effert from our part and its not a job for a week or two or just on a club night its sometimes 24/7 at times and the hours i put in at times you would not believe, but that said i have no problem in others coming into the fold and being part of the runing of the club and in fact i would welcome such a thing as then i could myself take more of a back step which is somethink i would like to do as i am getting no younger and am starting to find it more challanging at times.

Hope that helps a bit mate and have no problem having a good chat about it on club night in more depth as i am to slow on the computer and would take for ever to cover it all.

Regards Alan

Hog 02-09-2011 08:34 PM

James - I'm gonna pick up some "Sticks like sh*t" from Screwfix (yes it is actually called that)

DRM Black7 02-09-2011 08:35 PM

+1 on the practice Meeting would be the nuts to really experiment with setups and driving syle. Please please Please can we have a practice meeting :)

Rebelrc 02-09-2011 08:37 PM

Cheers Alan
No need to explain all that lol

Team No Idea 02-09-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 548552)
James - I'm gonna pick up some "Sticks like sh*t" from Screwfix (yes it is actually called that)

I gotta get meself some of that!!! dunno what id use it on but it sounds great!!!!!

Rebelrc 02-09-2011 08:49 PM

Dave My dad named that . Lol we work for there head of advertising etc lol
He was on their promo video.:thumbsup:
That isn't ideal to stick carpet!

discostu 02-09-2011 09:48 PM

hi all

wouldn't it be a nice sugestion to all the club members maybe to delay the ramp revamp for a week and ask the club members in a hall hands up vote what the majority would prefer after all 15mins more racing on a flat track wouldn't hurt.

stu:thumbsup:

tonybraz 02-09-2011 10:12 PM

hi all, why not do the work on the ramps first so everybody can help and not just leave to the committe. As for all this practice session, every time I go out to race somebody out there testing or setting up.

Tony

Hog 02-09-2011 10:12 PM

What do you recommend Scott?

Rebelrc 02-09-2011 10:22 PM

Hi Dave
Evo stick contact adhesive
Put a very thin coat on the carpet then the ramp , give it five mins then press the two together. Then use ramps as normal.It really is very durable and tough/rubbery. I have a load.
But it obviously up to you lot.
Know one asked my opinion so I should really start shutting my big gob!

rcmonkey 02-09-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discostu (Post 548588)
hi all

wouldn't it be a nice sugestion to all the club members maybe to delay the ramp revamp for a week and ask the club members in a hall hands up vote what the majority would prefer after all 15mins more racing on a flat track wouldn't hurt.

stu:thumbsup:

Hi
its off road racing Y the flat track cant you do jumps :woot:

discostu 03-09-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmonkey (Post 548614)
Hi
its off road racing Y the flat track cant you do jumps :woot:

dont be daft LOL the point i was making if we had a normal meeting next week the club would have the opotuinity to ask there members what they wanted.

stu