oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   WRCA (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   WRCA 2012 1/10 Electric Regional Dates (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92970)

peetbee 09-02-2012 01:02 AM

WRCA 2012 1/10 Electric Regional Dates

Dates for the outdoor season are now available on www.wrca.org.uk

More details on each event, venue and the series will follow shortly

Roy 09-02-2012 08:37 AM

Hi Pete,

Looking at the dates it indicates two rounds at Saudersfoot, is this correct??

Great that the dates are sorted this early, gives everyone chance to sort their racing calendar.

Well done to all concerned.

Dyna 09-02-2012 09:42 AM

And looking at Talywains dates, does this mean 2wd on Saturday and 4wd on Sunday ??

If so, thats ace - i struggle doing two different classes in one day :thumbsup:

Well done to all clubs involved and the WRCA in sorting this out so soon !

GRIFF55 09-02-2012 09:58 AM

Or will tally 2 dayer count as two meetings. Eg, sat is round 1 and sun round 2?

Nice lot of events there, well done.

blue_pinky 09-02-2012 10:05 AM

Good work Pete!

So can I just make sure I (and everyone else for that matter) understands, only because it's a little different to previous years...some clubs are holding 2 regional events to help give the series more rounds?

So Saundersfoot and Talywain both have 2 separate rounds to count, the rest are doing 1 round?

And the end of season final event is an entirely separate 1 off event...just because we like racing, and to present the trophies for the main series?

So in total that's 7 rounds, how many to count will it be on that basis...I can't remember the calculation (something like 50% plus 1 isn't it?)

Going to be a very busy year :woot:

peetbee 09-02-2012 10:42 AM

Thanks guys, I'm still learning so bear with me!

I will be putting all the detail on the WRCA site once I have double checked it, but for now.......

Yes Talywain and Saundersfoot are each holding 2 rounds this year.
The Talywain rounds are on one weekend and are two seperate events with both 2wd and 4wd racing both days (Sorry Matt but we don't have the numbers at present to make it viable!) The idea was that if you could only make the Sunday you wouldn't be disadvantaged as the track would be reversed
(so yes Sat is round 1, sun is round 2)

I believe it would make it 4 from 7 to count, but need to ratify that

The EOS is completely seperate, just cos we like racing and to hand out trophies. It also means that we could have a play with the format for the day if you wanted, or even make a weekend of it - But I think that ought to be for a seperate topic!

Keep an eye on the WRCA site for updates
I've asked all the clubs to provide me with as much info about their venues, etc as possible so that it will all be included in the event details on the site, plus the confirmation email when you enter via our booking system.

blue_pinky 09-02-2012 11:33 AM

Perfect!

Thanks Pete :)

jaysllim 09-02-2012 12:18 PM

I really dnt think ill b doing the regionals because I cant do taly coz no access nd im not sure about saundersfoot so tha leaves me with cobra gnr nd caldy so tha leaves me below 50% +1 rule so theres no point in me entering.

But wa I will say is thank u to the clubs who helped me nd chris out for the indoor nd the clubs who could help with the outdoor.

This aint me picking a fight or having a go because I no all the clubs have looked into it and thoughs who could have and thoughs who couldnt well couldnt lol

But thank u all for trying

acorn28 09-02-2012 01:59 PM

Good work guys, sounds great, makes for an exciting summer of racing!

axeman 09-02-2012 04:08 PM

Jay soon as taly is open come down for a sunday we will try sitting you in various places around the track..

we can make this work!!!!:drool:

jawz 09-02-2012 06:03 PM

Why no round at Swansea?

peetbee 09-02-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawz (Post 618771)
Why no round at Swansea?

Unfortunately Swansea club have made the decision to leave the WRCA which coupled with them only running nitro outdoors means that there is no WRCA electric round there this year.
The WRCA would like to thank the Swansea club and it's members for their support over the past few years and would also like to wish them all a happy season's racing.
Please could we refrain from commenting here about their decision as this topic is about the regionals that are available.
Many thanks :)

GRIFF55 09-02-2012 07:01 PM

Are these dates for nitro and electric please Pete?

peetbee 09-02-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFF55 (Post 618796)
Are these dates for nitro and electric please Pete?

Electric only as per the title Andy! ;):p
I'm electric rep so that's all I've focused on TBH

GRIFF55 09-02-2012 08:14 PM

Hahaha aaa, what a c##k! I didn't see that:woot:

Cheers Pete

JACKOR33 21-02-2012 09:08 PM

Can't wait for the outdoor season this year, looking alot healthier with more dates and a spare date if we get rained off:thumbsup:

jaffacake 21-02-2012 09:17 PM

Fair play it does look a whole lot more positive this year.

JACKOR33 21-02-2012 09:22 PM

7 rounds plus an EOS at talywain means alot of competitive racing, plus a good mix of grass and astro tracks across the series aswell:drool:

Belsten 22-02-2012 09:01 PM

yup hats off to Pete for doing a good job of organising another series

chris (reg) reardon 25-02-2012 09:50 PM

thanks pete

yeah cheers butty think my calinder is just about full now
looking forward to doing more racing this year

on another topic dave u sucking up to your bro publicly ?

u hoping for better birthday presse or just a loving indervidual
it does not suit the domionators image:woot: :woot:
lmao