View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo View Post
As a Brit who has a lot of SA family and have spent a lot of time out there I can tell you it's a fantastic country. Yes, you do need to be aware of crime in certain areas, but it's not a friggin war zone! It's beautiful and the people are great, the food is great, the beer is great. I'm sure the locals would look after you all, they're good like that. Footie World Cup out there next year too.

Although you wouldn't wisely wonder down town in the big cities late at night after a skinfull, TBH there are certain areas in this country which are pretty dodgy too nowadays.

Those that go will love it.
As a ex South African I can fully agree with Alfonzo. My family still live out there, and to be honest....the media makes it out to be a much worse place than it actually is. Any where you go in the world, there are places to avoid, even in the UK - so therefore....don't knock it until you have been and experienced the place for yourselves!!