Thread: ZX-5 Setups
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
#4 spacer under forward hingepin mount, #1 spacer under rear
SP width @hingepin mounts and black driveshafts
(will change to FS width when parts available to do so as I feel the car would benefit from the rised roll centres)
Roger, have you info on whats different between the hingepin mounts on the SP and the LA271 mounts that the FS kit comes with? I've never heard of any change there (except the part #) The SP mounts come with the bulkheads....LA209 or LA210, and on the FS the bulkheads were changed (dropping the diffs lower in the chassis) so maybe its just a part # change?

The FS also comes with the RB5 midarm hubs, UM519 and the UM510 driveshaft set (shiny 62.5mm standard RB5 ones, which are 2mm longer than the black SP shafts). I'm thinking that if anything, the FS hingepin mounts would have to widen the car some to avoid any issues with the longer bones plunging too deep into the outdrives. If thats the case, then you might be able to adjust for that with the LAW36 and LAW37 aluminum mounts (which just about anyone that converted their SP to an FS is probably running already) using the correct inserts.

And you said something about the roll center change with these, so are you thinking that these mounts have the hinge pin height altered to change the roll center?

I'll have to look into that this weekend and maybe pick at Joe Pillars and see if he knows any details about this.