View Single Post
Old 28-04-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

I really didn't want to post on this thread but having sat back and read the comments both good and bad, I finally thought I'd post my thoughts.

I didn't go to the meeting. I'm not doing 2wd anymore so I went to another region and ran in their open class on a fairly flat grass not unlike York / Tesside with some well thought out jumps and use of contours.

Having viewed the NRX track on the vids that have been posted by the club, it looked like the track had potential to be a good 'un. You can never tell though on how fast people are going from the vids, the only car I recognised was Gregg Williams and it looked OK.

I spoke to my next door neighbour about the track on Sunday and he said it was hard work. Now he's only been racing a year or so, so I would imagine his first trip to an astro track was pretty crazy, he's done the Worksop series and fairs reasonably well.

Hearing and reading the crap that seems to have been posted on here after the event is embarrassing. Have you thought about how this looks from an outsiders point of view, looking on the forum to see events in their region or for that matter for people from other regions.

Not only is the hard work that the club and it's members being put into question, but also the work by the region itself.
NRX put on an event at a track that is predominantly for 1/8th. Having run 10th scale cars round 1/8th tracks, some work, some don't. Its the nature of the cars scaling against the surface you are racing on.

Comments made about rallying and racers breaking their cars really need to be thought about. You can drive and R/C car into a kerb at reasonable speed and it will not break. Increase the speed and eventually it will, the same happens in racing. Crash fast and you are much more likely to break than crashing slow. It's amazing how much faster you go in the heat of competition than just cruising round.
Comments about Rallying and Baja, were just plain misplaced and showed a lack of respect for the point of this thread.

They (NRX)were never going to get it right first time - name me one track that has. -none.
All tracks that we go to apart from this have had previous (years of) experience in setting up tracks. The reason we have had so little complaints in the past is because the tracks have evolved along with the attending drivers skill levels.
Surely at drivers briefing it could have been brought up that some part of the track could be altered. We've done it at Worksop and at Nationals.

The tracks and drivers have to exist as a symbiotic relationship, where both benefit from each others existance, but with out one the other dies.

The regional committee chose the NRX club as it had limited choice and NRX offered their track after it had been 'modified'. Now they are left with a tricky decision as to what to do with the 'missing' round at the end after Peter's comment about not doing the 4wd round.
So now there is no chance for NRX to improve the track and make it ready for the 4wd regional.

Where does all this bickering leave us. In a shambles.

I would imagine just like Peter some other people have had there fill of crassy and ill thought out comments on here and wonder why they bother

Well done.