View Single Post
Old 16-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baD View Post
Whilst I agree with DH's post above, from the Club perspective, I feel there is one strong negative point.
The age old issue of mileage, the time to travel to the far north and far south of our regions, would raise its ugly face once again as some/many of the travellers have already said that travelling that far for just one days racing is probably not on. They currently make a weekend of it and take the tents/caravans for a family weekend away.

So the outcome may not be all positive re numbers. I think we need to bare this in mind when considering the future.

ba
You could still have camping on though. If the regional was on a Saturday then you can travel down Friday as normal, sleep overnight and race all day. Then either go home Sat night or camp over again and drive home in the morning.

If the regional was on a Sunday you could travel down Saturday, camp over and go home Sunday night. Problem solved.

I personally prefer sat and sunday racing but Im coming under more and more pressure from the wife and a 1 day even would suit me better.