View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010

To take up a few points

How do people know what is expected? - They know they are not paying someone to put the track out etc for them, new members are told people are needed to put the track out and away if they don't already know (I make sure of it!) they know it's all ran entirely by unpaid volunteers, they all know if many hands make light work - I don't know of any similar organisation where people don't just ALL pull together and help....unlike in RC racing as it's not just JORCR where this happens (I help run several activity groups and everyone regardless of disability mucks in!) FFS some people who don't even race help out! I don't think we have had any new members who have not helped either before or after a club night, taking into consideration those with children. If people have a genuine reason to not help noone minds. Maybe it should be put on the signed membership forms but really, do people need to do that? Surely common sense should kick in

The Warehouse - not a hope in hell springs to mind at present for the following reasons
  • CASC refused (which you know)
  • Discretionary relief refused (today)
  • MOST IMPORTANT - Not enough people volunteered so far. People have been asked, have been emailed, very few offers and definately not enough to run it - unless this changes not a chance it can open
I've been trying to get the CASC decision changed and there is an alternative plan but without enough people to run it there is no point. A building doesn't become a brilliant RC racing arena unless someone opens the door and holds the racing. If someone who was willing to offer to run regular meetings did not get the email please do let me know and I will send it again. Thanks to the VERY few who did offer.

Agreed requests for help came in too late at the most recent regional, nothing much can change what has happened, people can only learn from mistakes.

Hope that clears up a few things